Jaws 2 re-recordings

MrScratch

There was also a compliation CD I saw in a music store in the early '90s on the Pro-Arte label which featured new recordings of Jaws 2, Earthquake and I think Poseidon Adventure. The performer was some or other Pops orchestra, like the San Diego Pops or something like that. I've never been able to track this down since, wish I had bought it back then.

9 minutes ago, JTWfan77 said:

There was also a compliation CD I saw in a music store in the early '90s on the Pro-Arte label which featured new recordings of Jaws 2, Earthquake and I think Poseidon Adventure. The performer was some or other Pops orchestra, like the San Diego Pops or something like that. I've never been able to track this down since, wish I had bought it back then.

I remember that. It was a strange cd that sounded like it was a synth recording but the quality was too good for what would have been possible at the time. Especially the Poseidon Adventure Theme (around the 3 minute mark) was the best incarnation of that theme. It featured the end credits from Jaws 2, as i recall (what else?).

I like re-recordings (even the bad ones) and noticed that Jaws 2 was one of the few post-Reivers scores not to have a re-recording of some kind.  Ordered! I tracked down the Milan CD, ordered it off of eBay for $5.99 and free shipping.  Looking for the Pro Arte one now too... I actually think I used to own it at some point.  It sounds very familiar.

4 hours ago, publicist said:

I remember that. It was a strange cd that sounded like it was a synth recording but the quality was too good for what would have been possible at the time. Especially the Poseidon Adventure Theme (around the 3 minute mark) was the best incarnation of that theme. It featured the end credits from Jaws 2, as i recall (what else?).

It does indeed sound like synth, which is as good as you can get from a "greatest hits" album recorded in the early 90s by the 'Film Studio Orchestra'... 

And yes it seems to be the only release featuring a re-recording of music from Jaws 2.

01. Star Wars 4:07
02. Born on the Fourth of July 6:33
03. Stanley and Iris 3:09
04. Exsultate Justi from Empire of the Sun 5:11
05. Raiders March from Raiders of the Lost Ark 2:31
06. Short Round's Theme from Indiana Jones 2:26
07. Close Encounters of the Third Kind 4:51
08. Superman 3:15
09. Main Title Theme from Jaws 2:42
10. Midway March from Midway 2:54
11. Theme from E.T. 3:19
12. E.T. & Me from E.T. 4:59