Moderately famous Scotswoman praises John Williams

Omen II

I believe she was a Radio One DJ at one time, so she's always been one of those more pop oriented TV personalities here, I think she even hosted Top of the Pops. 

Respect for Bowman just went up by the power of ten after this tho. 

Edit: found this too https://film.list.co.uk/article/98856-edith-bowman-i-was-nearly-in-tears-when-rian-johnson-described-going-round-to-john-williams-house/

• 1 year later...

This morning Edith Bowman was the celebrity guest on Saturday Kitchen Live (a BBC TV cookery programme).  She mentioned her love of John Williams again and that she e-mails his people at least a couple of times a week asking for the chance to interview him, adding that she would get on a plane straight away even if she could see him for only twenty minutes.

:up:

• 11 months later...
On 7/20/2019 at 5:21 PM, mrbellamy said:

Ah 20 minutes instead of 10 now. Getting ambitious.

I picked up a copy of the free Metro newspaper on my way to work on Friday (not many others doing likewise - can't think why) and it looks like she is now angling for a 30 minute slot with old Johnny!

Sixty Seconds with Edith Bowman

I have a massive wish list and top of that is Mr John Williams — he soundtracked my childhood. There’s not a week that goes by when I don’t email his team and say hi. Before lockdown I was like, ‘I’m going to jump on a plane [to the USA] this afternoon’ if it means I’m going to get half an hour with him. I would drop everything to have some time with John, he’s the reason why I connect with music and film — your ETs, your Star Wars, all those things.

E.T.2: It Lives Again went straight to video back in the day.  In fairness, Williams’s score for the sequel was largely forgettable (the inspired scoring for the lengthy orgy sequence notwithstanding).

• 5 months later...

Bowman is at it again like a dog with a bone!  I picked up the Metro on the way to work this morning and there she is on page 14 with another Sixty Seconds interview, fangirling over OscarTM nominee John T. Williams as is only right and proper.

Sixty Seconds with Edith Bowman

Its composer, John Williams, must surely be your ultimate guest on your podcast...

I pretty much email his team once a week, just going, "Hello, it's me again..."  It's the 30th anniversary of Home Alone this Christmas and so they're doing a reissue of John's soundtrack for it so I kind of come at him from all angles.  John's in his eighties now and he's definitely well looked after by his team.  But they're always very nice and very lovely.  He's definitely the ultimate.

:lol: