"2018 is gonna be one for the books", says LLL regarding JW

phbart

With the recent "The Mummy" 2CD, there have been lots of cool Jerry Goldsmith releases this year, and only one cool JW release for the books. You think they misspelled JW for JG when they made the statement?

They were making the statement about releases from their *own* label LLL, not others. So far LLL has only put out the western reissue/remaster twofer of Rio Conchos and 100 Rifles. Not one for the books there, surely.

Presumably LLL is saving their big Williams releases for closer to Christmastime?

Yavar

1 hour ago, phbart said:

With the recent "The Mummy" 2CD, there have been lots of cool Jerry Goldsmith releases this year, and only one cool JW release for the books. You think they misspelled JW for JG when they made the statement?

What does some other label releasing something have anything to do with the head of LLL talking about his own titles?

48 minutes ago, Yavar Moradi said:

Presumably LLL is saving their big Williams releases for closer to Christmastime?

The approval process always was and will always continue to be a bitch.

On 21. Juli 2018 at 5:45 PM, Brundlefly said:

Have you ever posted something optimistic?

You should take that to the approximately 39 support group threads in Other Topics.

6 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

They'd better release one JW score a month from now on, otherwise they won't be able to keep that promise.

No. There are films that come out at the end or beginning of the year that end up being the 'film of the year'. Whatever they have planned to release this year must be something that will define 2018.

If the success and reception of E.T. and Jurassic Park is anything to go by , I expect something like HP 1-3 would be more than enough, it might perform better than the aforementioned titles. Particularly now that the Harry Potter / Fantastic Beasts hype is returning.

3 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

A Mattessino produced Azkaban expansion would be more than enough to call 2018 one for the books.  My #1 Williams Grail at this point.

Ditto. 

The sheet music leak for Azkaban revealed plenty of interesting music that was both not on the OST, AND not in the film.

3 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

big if true

Large if factual

2 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

Watching the movie does not work when your holy grail is A Winter's Spell.

Indeed :(

1 hour ago, kaseykockroach said:

you nimrod

Hey, when did our mythic forefather become an insult?

@Holko First recorded in 1932 and popularized by the cartoon character Bugs Bunny who sarcastically refers to the hunter Elmer Fudd as "nimrod", as an ironic connection between "mighty hunter" and "poor little Nimrod", i.e. Fudd.

16 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

If we have to believe a certain someone, WB is working/has been working on a complete HP box set, so LLL isn't doing those. What are the chances of MM being involved in that case?

He works with labels other than LLL. He's freelance, and also the Williams camp's first preference for producer of score expansions.

And who is the certain someone? Did I miss something? 

It is only August, but so far there is the 20th anniversary limited edition release of the Maestro's score to Saving Private Ryan coming on the 28th. Within the next few months, there will be more goodies. Looking forward to it.

6 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

Williams is interested in expanding Amistad!

How do you know that? Other than the hint a year or so ago that he was seemingly revisiting the score. He dropped a subtle hint in a radio interview, something along the lines of, "It's a score I'm starting to remember quite well." 

16 minutes ago, Cherry Pie That'll Kill Ya said:

There's nothing left to expand...

John Williams (seductively): Oh, I've been quite interested in an expansion, miss Ridley...

Daisy Ridley (blushing): Oooh, call me Daisy...

John Williams: What do you say you and I...continue to collaborate? I'd like to SCORE you, you know...

Daisy Ridley: You know, I have always vastly preferred the company of older men..