'A Celebration of John Williams in Concert' - Royal Albert Hall, October 26, 2018 (CONDUCTED BY DIRK BROSSÉ)

Mari

What about all the premium box seats that are usually held for posh people? Are they sold out too? They usually release them shortly before performance date. I got some really excellent seats that way in the past long after it "sold out". Would @Omen II know?

Karol

24 minutes ago, GRIGA01 said:

True but the prices are crazy. already looking at over £250 per ticket on viagogo because of extra charges etc

Yeah, but I was thinking more when people have to cancel. Unless you're a profiteer, I think most reasonable people will just resell them for the price they paid.

1 minute ago, leeallen01 said:

Surely there will be an extra date added. He did that for Indianapolis for fook sake. I'm sure he'll do it for his first return to England in countless years. 

Well that's my big hope, too...

It would seem odd for him to travel that far for just one concert. I predict another one or two have already been planned but they are waiting to release that info to the public for sales/marketing reasons. 

11 minutes ago, Thor said:

Yeah, but I was thinking more when people have to cancel. Unless you're a profiteer, I think most reasonable people will just resell them for the price they paid.

whats a good site for people who would do this mate?

4 minutes ago, GRIGA01 said:

whats a good site for people who would do this mate?

Film music forums like this, Facebook etc. Places that are not professional resellers.

14 minutes ago, leeallen01 said:

Surely there will be an extra date added. He did that for Indianapolis for fook sake. I'm sure he'll do it for his first return to England in countless years. 

I do not think there will be an extra date the day. There is one show the day before JW and also one the next day after JW.

Secured tix for me and 5 friends, very awesome.  I actually discovered the queue system by chance at 0830 UK time, so got lucky.  They should have advertised it I guess.

There's still the Grand Tier Hospitality for GBP 3,348 (for 12) or the Loggia Box Hospitality for GBP 2,232 (for 8)... But this would be GBP 279 for a single ticket...

9 minutes ago, RadJ said:

I actually discovered the queue system by chance at 0830 UK time, so got lucky.  They should have advertised it I guess.

Indeed they should. :stick:

7 minutes ago, RadJ said:

Secured tix for me and 5 friends, very awesome.  I actually discovered the queue system by chance at 0830 UK time, so got lucky.  They should have advertised it I guess.

How many people were in the queue at 08:30. I joined at 09:00 and was at around position 1500. Lucky i got tickets.

Just now, Damien F said:

How many people were in the queue at 08:30. I joined at 09:00 and was at around position 1500. Lucky i got tickets.

I was 360 in line I think.  

8 minutes ago, Damien F said:

I was 77 at around 8:15 AM but was in, in about a minute. From there it was a matter of refreshing my account page, to not time out. Tickets went on sale at 9:00 AM sharp

Just now, Mr. Breathmask said:

I'm double annoyed, because I kept refreshing the event page, waiting for something to change, rather than going straight to FIND TICKETS. :banghead:

Same as I :( It is hellish system.

I've only just found this forum (greetings fellow music fans) - I've done many 'films with orchestra' shows at the Albert Hall and love them so much, the chance to hear my favourite scores played by a 90 piece orchestra is something that's hard to describe. But then I saw this announced the other day and my jaw actually dropped. The chance to see a Legend, one my musical heroes and the man who literally soundtracked my entire life (I'm 45). The ONLY chance to see him.

I made sure I was at my computer at 8:30.. kept randomly refreshing just in case.. nothing.. they are clearly starting it on time.. and sure enough.. 9am.. BAM.... I was 3,436 in line. 

WHAT? 

How the hell does that even happen. I wish I'd just paid the £45 now for the early release thing. 

Slowly the numbers went down until I got to just 23 left. 

"sorry, this event is now sold out"

I can't explain how down I feel right now. And I know it's first world problems, I'm doing lots of cool stuff this year.. Secret Cinema, a LOAD of movie-orchestra events... but this, this was something else. Ah well. :(

What's this that everyone's talking about that they were in the queue somehow before 9am? 

Just now, DarrenCarnall said:

What's this that everyone's talking about that they were in the queue somehow before 9am? 

I discovered it by accident when I was trying to create an account (thinking it would save me time when the sales opened)

32 minutes ago, CipZip said:

I do not think there will be an extra date the day. There is one show the day before JW and also one the next day after JW.

Only my opinion but I highly doubt Jay-Dubs is flying all the way to England just for one concert then flying back to LA. He'll probably stay in London for a week or two, considering how taxing long-haul flights can be at his age. It's his first trip overseas since the ROTS sessions in 2005, no?

Or did he visit Dartmoor for the War Horse shoot? That rings a bell actually. Spielberg was flying back to LA during weekends while shooting the film; wouldn't surprise me if Williams went along with him for one of his flights (especially with the horse factor).

I don't post here a lot, but I wanted to say thank you guys for helping me find out about the queue system 30 min early. I started out at 1000, but I managed to secure 2 pretty good seats in the stalls (M and L).

6 minutes ago, Mcbain said:

I don't post here a lot, but I wanted to say thank you guys for helping me find out about the queue system 30 min early. I started out at 1000, but I managed to secure 2 pretty good seats in the stalls (M and L).

A lot? That's literally your first post.:lol:

I must have missed this hint, because I ended up with donuts.

I guess it's possible the site tracks IP adresses and logs them in the background somehow. You know, from people just "hanging out" on the page waiting for the "buy option" to appear.

This log might form the basis for the que when the que opens at 9?

I accidentaly closed my tab around 8:45, so I think I lost my place in that preliminary que. It seems to be the case by looking at the forum, people who were on the page early got low que numbers, I ended up in the 1500s.

But - this is a guess of how things work. I have no idea really.

2 minutes ago, Mcbain said:

Haha you're right, I made this account about 6 years ago and I thought I had posted a little bit then, but nope :D

Well congrats on the tickets! New members are always welcome here... just don't start bitching about TLJ in the TLJ threads like the other sad-sacks and we'll get on. ;)

3 minutes ago, Mr. Breathmask said:

Can we bitch about TLJ in here?

Why not? The usual offenders who dislike TLJ post endless criticism in every other thread; might as well continue it here.

3 minutes ago, Mcbain said:

@crumbs Thank you! I'm a long time lurker, so I've followed all the drama from the shadows. I'm already passed that phase, don't worry ;-) And I actually liked the score. 

Careful! Any attempt to praise JW's work on TLJ will result in an onslaught of replies informing you how terrible the score apparently is.

16 minutes ago, DarrenCarnall said:

so what did you do to get into the queue early? I thought the whole site just turned into a queue at 9am

I clicked on the little account symbol to create a new account and suddenly I was in a queue. that was around 0830.

Just now, RadJ said:

I clicked on the little account symbol to create a new account and suddenly I was in a queue. that was around 0830.

Same, I had been refreshing the event's page from 8am. Not sure if they put me in the queue when I logged in or if I had been tracked all along. 

Just now, RadJ said:

dammit!! I was at my computer then and wasted half an hour waiting for them to open the queue at 9am when they did. I can't believe there was a way to get in earlier!

Now the only option is to buy from people selling at double price, which I just can't. 

*sigh*

Oh well, I'm happy for everyone who got their tickets. 

Having to queue online is ridiculous anyway. And releasing several concerts all at once at the same time was idiotic. It was easier for me to get tickets for Chicago and Baltimore for Williams than it was in my own country for London... 

Though we English do like a bloody queue. 

I was also confused by the waiting queue process, luckily I tried logging into my account first thing 15min before the advertised time and got sent to the queue immediately. Managed to grab two seats in the back half of the arena, should be a reasonable view.

This will be an expensive year, but I'm excited :)

Bummer for those who didn't get ticket - let's hope for returns, choir seats (or gallery? standing room gets sold later?), or a second date...

6 minutes ago, alawill75 said:

Will there be a waiting list at the Royal Albert Hall? Does it make sense to get in contact with them?

"Due to vast number of requests we receive each year, we do not have waiting lists for any events at the Hall"

https://www.royalalberthall.com/your-visit/faqs/

44 minutes ago, DarrenCarnall said:

so what did you do to get into the queue early? I thought the whole site just turned into a queue at 9am

I logged in in my account, and when I was away for like 5 minutes and clicked on the tickets link I was in the queue again (number 77 at around 8:15 AM). With that knowledge, I made sure to refresh my account page every minute or so while having the concert page open in a different tab. That system worked brilliantly for me. I could buy the tickets at 9 AM sharp. A nice reward for refreshing a page every minute for like 45 minutes.

Again I feel very sad for all the other fans who could not get a ticket.

3 minutes ago, Caliburn said:

I logged in in my account, and when I was away for like 5 minutes and clicked on the tickets link I was in the queue again (number 77 at around 8:15 AM). With that knowledge, I made sure to refresh my account page every minute or so while having the concert page open in a different tab. That system worked brilliantly for me. I could buy the tickets at 9 AM sharp. A nice reward for refreshing a page every minute for like 45 minutes.

Again I feel very sad for all the other fans who could not get a ticket.

that's.. so bizarre lol

58 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Well congrats on the tickets! New members are always welcome here... just don't start bitching about TLJ in the TLJ threads like the other sad-sacks and we'll get on. ;)

I'm one of them sad-sacks!

:D

12 minutes ago, hornist said:

It is disgusting that that people who are good at this queuing system and buy multiple tickets just to sell those

later on Ebay. And the biggest JW fans like me cannot attend to this concert. It is bullshit..

Welcome to planet Earth. Where the dogs eat each other.

:(

47 minutes ago, DarrenCarnall said:

Now the only option is to buy from people selling at double price, which I just can't. 

Again, I think a great number people will have to cancel, and then resell their ticket for the price they paid. Not double. Most people are not profiteers. But it requires being alert on film music forums, social media etc. to be there when that or those persons announce their cancellation, of course.