'A Celebration of John Williams in Concert' - Royal Albert Hall, October 26, 2018 (CONDUCTED BY DIRK BROSSÉ)

Mari

Has anyone got a spare ticket for this concert? I'm happy to buy it from someone.

Still no luck with getting a seat :(

Hi Folks,

Just listed my other John Williams ticket on StubHub. Cheapest one on there - Stalls J Row 6. If any of you guys are interested in grabbing a ticket then there is an opportunity. Thought I’d let you guys know before it gets snapped up by a non-JWFanner.

See you there!

I’m so sorry guys I’m trying to get as much back for it as I paid - the money I get out of £500 is only £375 :/// I’m sorry!!!

Is there going to be a JW Fan meetup at any point? 

Yea, we should all meetup Thursday for dinner!  

Or Friday for dinner, but we might feel rushed to get to the show on time

I'm sure there'll be drinks together after the concert, too!

3 hours ago, Stefancos said:

The StubHub tickets for the Hollywood Bowl last year went for like $900.

So??? 

This is still bullshit🤑

2 hours ago, tmarps said:

I’m so sorry guys I’m trying to get as much back for it as I paid - the money I get out of £500 is only £375 :/// I’m sorry!!!

Is there going to be a JW Fan meetup at any point? 

Fuck you!! Don't ever call yourself a JWfan, money lover is better.

1 hour ago, hornist said:

So??? 

This is still bullshit🤑

Fuck you!! Don't ever call yourself a JWfan, money lover is better.

Oh so what you just want me to give it away for free?? Where’s your ticket?? Oh wait..

1 hour ago, Marian Schedenig said:

tenor.gif

Speaking of which, there's a Tolkien Exhibition in Oxford until 28 October, if anyone is still looking for stuff to do around the time of the concert. (I'm going next week, the day after the CE3K concert)

2 hours ago, alawill75 said:

I hope all those buying extra tickets (for any concert) and trying to make a profit out of it that nobody will buy the tickets at these prices and that they have a nice loss of money :angry:

I'd be truly surprised if the tickets on StubHub and Viagogo would actually be sold at their currently listed prices. They're not worth 10x their face value, especially as people who missed out on RAH probably got tickets for the Vienna concerts.

I think it's a bubble, and, closer to the concert date, I guess the sellers will be forced to reduce the prices significantly to get rid of those tickets.

22 hours ago, Biodome said:

[...] especially as people who missed out on RAH probably got tickets for the Vienna concerts.

Like me :D and it's even much closer, only 2.20h by train, although I have the feeling that the overall atmosphere will be more enthusiastic at the RAH.
Musikverein feels more conservative... But let's see

1 hour ago, alawill75 said:

Like me :D and it's even much closer, only 2.20h by train, although I have the feeling that the overall atmosphere will be more enthusiastic at the RAH.

The Golden Hall at Musikverein is often cited as the best concert hall in the world. It's the acoustic qualities that make it attractive, whereas circular/oval shapes aren't perfect for sound, but they can hold many times more spectators. So yeah, I guess RAH is more fun (plus the LSO adds quite a bit of nostalgia), but I can see arguments for both :)

2 hours ago, alawill75 said:

I guess few people in the audience will be regular conservative Philharmonic customers.

43 minutes ago, Biodome said:

The Golden Hall at Musikverein is often cited as the best concert hall in the world. It's the acoustic qualities that make it attractive, whereas circular/oval shapes aren't perfect for sound, but they can hold many times more spectators. So yeah, I guess RAH is more fun (plus the LSO adds quite a bit of nostalgia), but I can see arguments for both :)

As I said before, the sound at the Golden Hall depends very much on what is played and how its played, and depending on that, your seat. Densely orchestrated stuff played too loud or without sufficiently focused dynamics can quickly become a Murphy-like wall of sound, especially for the strings. On the other hand, when played well, it does sound spectacular.

I'm very interested to compare my Parterre and my Balkon seats on the two days, actually. I've never done that for the same programme.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Jim Ware said:

The last one was amplified to such a ridiculous extent that would be impossible.

Trust me - I’d give it my best shot.

Let’s play the “Guess the Setlist” Game. Let’s try and get as close to the final setlist as we can when it’s revealed (when). 

I’ll kick things off by suggesting that the concert will open with “Flight to Neverland”. 

Sorry if this sounds stupid but, they won't be amplifying Williams and the LSO will they? I've never been to the Royal Albert Hall. 

• 2 weeks later...

Those of you who were unable to get a ticket should see if the LSO would allow you to attend the dress rehearsal.  Nearly the same program but in the rehearsals I've been to, they pretty much never rehearse Star Wars since they've played that ad neseum and it will be jumping around like starting mid way through Harry Potter for a minute then maybe the whole suite kind of thing.  You never know, LSO might allow die hards to attend the rehearsal if the thing is sold out.

49 minutes ago, karelm said:

Those of you who were unable to get a ticket should see if the LSO would allow you to attend the dress rehearsal.  Nearly the same program but in the rehearsals I've been to, they pretty much never rehearse Star Wars since they've played that ad neseum and it will be jumping around like starting mid way through Harry Potter for a minute then maybe the whole suite kind of thing.  You never know, LSO might allow die hards to attend the rehearsal if the thing is sold out. 

Any suggestions about who to contact? I'm a long way from England.

38 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Any suggestions about who to contact? I'm a long way from England.

Try calling the Berlin Philharmonic I mean the LSO office.  They have administrative staff and even a rehearsal manager.  If you can get through to them and plead your case you might find a sympathetic soul.  Aren't they in the middle of Proms season now?  If so they have their hands full with immediate issues and asking about something in late October is like asking for something years from now.  So maybe wait to late September/early October.  Swear you won't be noticed or make a peep and absolutely don't attempt to meet JW.  Even at the Hollywood bowl rehearsals, he literally shows up after they've tuned and are ready to go and vanishes the second they're done with security blocking all paths to the stage because of years of die hard fans pushing their way through. You would be a guest in their house and they are there to work.  You could also try JW's manager at Gorfaine Schwartz but that is almost an impossibility because they've been fielding earnest requests such as yours all the time for decades and it is just hard to convince them to make any exception though you never know.  Lastly, if you know any of the performers in the LSO you could ask them if they have open rehearsals if the concert sold out and its a very rare chance.  Again, don't in any way be pushy.  This is another tough one because how do you get to know them well enough to ask for what is essentially a big favor if you aren't already a friend of theirs.  It very well might be a closed rehearsal but sometimes they aren't closed so at least worth a try. 

22 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

How nice for you

Thanks.  But you make me realize I am not charging enough.  Price now $10,000 because I tend to be too nice.

16 minutes ago, Nick Parker said:

Don't you think a Williams concert in London is worth a little more than that?

All right, my bad joke has gone on too long.  $20,000 this year.  $50k next year.

8 hours ago, karelm said:

I've been offered a free ticket.  It is 5th row front.  I am willing to sell it for $5,000 US. 

8 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

How nice for you

8 hours ago, karelm said:

Thanks.

I don't think that Stu means it, and for a free ticket that you are selling for five grand (?!) neither would I.

Also, what the fucking hell is "5th row front"? Something's either front, or fifth row.

5 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

You sanctimonious bastard!

- Life of Brian

You: All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what has karelm ever done for JWfan?
Me: Brought peace to JWFan?
You: Well it goes without saying he has brought peace throughout this forum!

1 hour ago, toothless said:

Do we know if there will be any guest musicians ? :)

Not known yet! Still waiting on the programme! 

Just the fact that he is conducting the London Symphony is fantastic. What a concert it will be. Also seeing the LSO performing the A New Hope concert in November will be a dream.

• 1 month later...

So!  If you scroll back to page 13, you'll see me trying to organize a group Harry Potter Studios tour in Leavesden, and then on pages 14 and 15 people confirming it was sold out for that week, something I saw myself on the site as well around that time.  Well it turns out all these months later, they suddenly put tickets up for sale for that week, but I've noticed they are going fast!  Apparently the combination of Halloween + half-term made them delay availability for a while probably to try to get more guides than usual maybe?

So I wonder if its even possible, or too late now, to try to organize a time when a bunch of us can all go together?

For us, we could go Thursday morning or Friday morning, but are leaving London on Saturday.

Has anybody here already bought their own individual tickets to the Harry Potter tour that week?  Or would anybody be interesting in buying them once we get some replies and pick a time a bunch of us can all go together?

https://www.wbstudiotour.co.uk/home

Thursday times we could do:

9:30, 10:00, 10:30, 11:00

Friday times we could do:

10:30, 11:00

TO get there, it looks like a 20 minute train ride from EUS to WFJ, then you hop on a service bus from there to the studios that takes about 15 minutes

https://www.wbstudiotour.co.uk/themes/custom/wbstl/images/map-getting-here.jpg?163ff1832b0