'A Celebration of John Williams in Concert' - Royal Albert Hall, October 26, 2018 (CONDUCTED BY DIRK BROSSÉ)

Mari

3 minutes ago, JohnnyD said:

If only I had the money to fly to London to see the Maestro conduct the LSO. Will this concert be broadcast online?

Have you never seen The Maestro in concert?

2 hours ago, karelm said:

Have you never seen The Maestro in concert?

No. Seeing the Maestro live in-concert is a dream of mine. It is hard for me to find the time to travel. One day, though.

On 7/11/2018 at 5:11 PM, karelm said:

You could also try JW's manager at Gorfaine Schwartz but that is almost an impossibility because they've been fielding earnest requests such as yours all the time for decades and it is just hard to convince them to make any exception though you never know.

Williams (and his manager) will have final say over who has access to rehearsals.  The stock answer is usually 'no', but it's worth a shot.

11 hours ago, JohnnyD said:

No. Seeing the Maestro live in-concert is a dream of mine. It is hard for me to find the time to travel. One day, though.

He's not getting any younger.  You should try to go to one of the mass concert events like Hollywood Bowl since there are seating options for 18,000 people.  Unfortunately, for this year I think it is sold out but there equivalent experiences that you can get the prices down by sitting in the lawns.  It is quite an experience to be enveloped by 18,000 adoring fans.

I do want to try the Hollywood Bowl one of these days, but my favorite JW concerts are usually Film Night in Boston, or at Tanglewood, but NOT on the lawn. It's just too hard to see anything, unfortunately. And my other favorite JW concert experience would be the random shows he does in other US states, because often they do away with the projection screens and you can just enjoy the music.

Of course, I expect a new and unique experience at RAH, even as a grizzled veteran of JW concerts  :)

19 minutes ago, Smeltington said:

I do want to try the Hollywood Bowl one of these days, but my favorite JW concerts are usually Film Night in Boston, or at Tanglewood, but NOT on the lawn. It's just too hard to see anything, unfortunately. And my other favorite JW concert experience would be the random shows he does in other US states, because often they do away with the projection screens and you can just enjoy the music.

Of course, I expect a new and unique experience at RAH, even as a grizzled veteran of JW concerts  :)

True, the smaller venues are better listening experiences but more expensive/sell out faster it seems.  I know there is going to be a Dudamel Williams tribute in LA in 2019 but believe he will be in attendance with perhaps conducting an encore rather than conducting the whole show.

Yes, I imagine the JW/RAH/LSO will be a very special experience.

4 minutes ago, karelm said:

True, the smaller venues are better listening experiences but more expensive/sell out faster it seems.  I know there is going to be a Dudamel Williams tribute in LA in 2019 but believe he will be in attendance with perhaps conducting an encore rather than conducting the whole show.

Like the one he did a couple of years ago that got a home video release?  I love that blu ray.

3 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Like the one he did a couple of years ago that got a home video release?  I love that blu ray.

This is the concert.  No details yet:

https://www.laphil.com/events/performances/172/2019-01-24/celebrating-john-williams/

EDIT: Oh my God it's so expensive.  Just checked the seat I want...$214 per seat and I was going to invite a family member or two. 

3 hours ago, karelm said:

He's not getting any younger.  You should try to go to one of the mass concert events like Hollywood Bowl since there are seating options for 18,000 people.  Unfortunately, for this year I think it is sold out but there equivalent experiences that you can get the prices down by sitting in the lawns.  It is quite an experience to be enveloped by 18,000 adoring fans.

I live in Florida; I’d be better off flying to Tanglewood for one of his concerts there. For me, it is all about timing and being able to afford the trip.

1 hour ago, JohnnyD said:

I live in Florida; I’d be better off flying to Tanglewood for one of his concerts there. For me, it is all about timing and being able to afford the trip.

In that case, try Boston rather than Tanglewood. You'll spend more time and money renting a car and driving from Boston, or another airport, to get to Tanglewood, as magical of a place as it may be.

6 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

As a superior life form I don't think he needs food - he gets all his energy from music.

Like a plant. Musosynthesis

• 2 weeks later...

New tickets (standing gallery tickets and seats in the choir) will soon be available according to email ad for Royal Albert Hall Friends & Patrons

Friends & Patrons Priority Booking: 10am, Wednesday 5 September - 9am, Thursday 6 September

Public booking: 10am, Thursday 6 September

1 hour ago, Timo Martikainen said:

New tickets (standing gallery tickets and seats in the choir) will soon be available according to email ad for Royal Albert Hall Friends & Patrons

Friends & Patrons Priority Booking: 10am, Wednesday 5 September - 9am, Thursday 6 September

Thanks, Timo!! 

Kiitos!!!

Edit: Damn, I am calculating here the time difference and Im at work those times😭😢

On 2/16/2018 at 6:55 PM, Omen II said:

Also, did anyone buy a Gallery standing ticket?  No?  Then I reckon it is almost a 100% certainty that they will release Gallery tickets (numbering several hundred) in the coming weeks.  There is no way they will leave a whole section empty when the rest of the hall has sold out. 

Just saying like.

Seriously though, I am delighted that any JW Fans who missed out first time round have a second chance at this.  Good luck!

I'm definitely going for the choir stalls. That is what I was hoping they would sell originally, but I still managed to get tickets for the circle.

If I am able to get tickets for the choir stalls, then I'll be willing to sell my 2 original tickets in the circle if anyone is interested? I will sell them at the price I paid for them at £45 each.

They are located in the 'Rausing Circle T. Row 2. Seats - 50, 51.'

4 hours ago, Timo Martikainen said:

In a nutshell, what do I need to do to get one of these tickets at the Public Booking? Website? Account? Pre-input credit card details?

1 hour ago, leeallen01 said:

No idea. But choir seats are normally cheaper than usual. I would estimate around 45.

Judging from the diagram of the venue, wouldn't choir seating be highly sought after?? You'd basically be facing Williams!

18 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Judging from the diagram of the venue, wouldn't choir seating be highly sought after?? You'd basically be facing Williams!

In my experience, Concert Halls seem to not value choir stalls as much. I think they see them as lesser seats because the orchestra or performers, singers, dancers etc aren't facing the seats and so they aren't as good a place to sit. 

For example, I saw Williams in Chicago in April, and I sat in the choir stalls, and it was the greatest view I ever could have imagined, with Williams looking directly at me from very close by. And those tickets were only around £80, yet some seats on the balcony and floor were over £200.

The last time I sat in the choir stalls at the Royal Albert Hall, it was around £15, yet elsewhere in the Hall it averaged around £40. I could be wrong, but in my opinion, the choir stalls for Williams wont be as expensive as you think.

3 hours ago, leeallen01 said:

I'm definitely going for the choir stalls. That is what I was hoping they would sell originally, but I still managed to get tickets for the circle.

If I am able to get tickets for the choir stalls, then I'll be willing to sell my 2 original tickets in the circle if anyone is interested? I will sell them at the price I paid for them at £45 each.

They are located in the 'Rausing Circle T. Row 2. Seats - 50, 51.'

I don't know what to do. I might wanna do the same thing in order to see williams conduct ! But I have good seats in the stalls (Stalls L, row 3 seats 82/83). What would everyone do ? (Never been to the RAH).

EDIT : so there won't be any cue with choir in the program ?

5 hours ago, hornist said:

Thanks, Timo!! 

Kiitos!!!

Edit: Damn, I am calculating here the time difference and Im at work those times😭😢

Fingers crossed you'll get a ticket Pasi!

For who wants to get tickets. These are my steps what I have done to get them. Of course, I am not giving any guarantees, but you can try it out.

RAH has two website that look like one:

What I did was logging in 45 minutes before the tickets went on sale and I entered the queue at spot 77. That counted down pretty quick and I was able to log in. Now comes the hard part: you need to keep logged in. If you don't, you have to relog and enter the queue again. I kept my connection alive by just clicking between "My Account" and "My Order History." with intervals of 20-30 seconds. Yes, I did that for 45 minutes and at 9 AM sharp I clicked the "buy tickets" on the concert pages and I could buy my tickets.

Unfortunately, this new wave has the problem with priority members who can buy an hour before. The queue will probably be very long before the tickets go even on sale.

Good luck ticket hunters. But sometimes it is not just luck, it can also be commitment... and a bit knowledge about websites 🙂

3 hours ago, crumbs said:

In a nutshell, what do I need to do to get one of these tickets at the Public Booking? Website? Account? Pre-input credit card details?

Firstly pray to your god that there are still tickets left when they go on general sale!

Secondly I would definitely recommend creating an account at the Royal Albert Hall website (https://www.royalalberthall.com) today by clicking on the little man icon in the top right.  This will speed up the process when trying to book tickets.  I don't think it will allow you to save your credit card details until you have made your first purchase through the website, so make sure you have your credit card details to hand in case you are lucky enough to get to the front of the queue with tickets still available.

I do not know but I suspect that the website will allow you to choose only a section of seating (choir or gallery) rather than specific seats due to likely high demand for tickets (they do this when tickets for the BBC Proms first go on sale in May each year).  If it gives you the option, I would also recommend selecting 'choose best available seats'.

@Omen II

Would you happen to know if the STAGE seats have good positioning? It appears like it's the lower choir area, but I'm not sure and I wouldn't want my view terribly obscured or something.

Edit: Never mind. I believe the website is at error.