'A Celebration of John Williams in Concert' - Royal Albert Hall, October 26, 2018 (CONDUCTED BY DIRK BROSSÉ)

Mari

Well that was a bust. I tried to get choir seats but apparently the friends and patrons scheme is limited to 2 tickets only. So considering I bought 2 when they were originally onsale, I cannot purchase anymore and will have to try during the general sale tomorrow. Damn.

1 minute ago, publicist said:

Nope, all gone.

They’re not visible if you’re not a priority member. Priority people can view the seating arrangements and see and select the choir seats. 

Yeah. My wife insisted she whacked the Friends and Patrons thingy on the credit card. There's only around 150 seats available I believe, but surely a handful should still be left tomorrow morning.

22 minutes ago, publicist said:

Nope, all gone.

Nope, I can still see tickets available for friends and patrons. Ask @hornist if he can get you one.

Edit: Never mind he already bought maximum. You'll need to pay for membership, I'm afraid @publicist. :(

Karol

If anyone is stressing about missing out tomorrow, it might be worth mentioning that there's no queuing system for the Friends and Patrons members tickets available today, you simply login and book immediately.

3 minutes ago, hornist said:

YES!!! I will be there!! Cheers🍺🍻

... but I didn't play very well horn at 10:03 at work😂😁😋

AWESOME! :cheer:

14 hours ago, Quintus said:

@Omen II

Would you happen to know if the STAGE seats have good positioning? It appears like it's the lower choir area, but I'm not sure and I wouldn't want my view terribly obscured or something.

The stage seats have the best view of the conductor and the orchestra in the whole of the Royal Albert Hall, but unfortunately they are not on sale to the public and you will have to be one of the musicians in the London Symphony Orchestra to be able to sit there.

Seriously though it looks like you have fantastic seats in the choir.  I had seat 106 in row 3 of the Choir West this evening for an utterly brilliant BBC Proms concert of music by Berlioz played by the Orchestre Révolutionnaire et Romantique under Sir John Eliot Gardiner.  Here are a few photos to give you an idea of the amazing view you can get from the choir seats in the Royal Albert Hall when it is full to the rafters.

DSC02766.JPG

DSC02770.JPG

DSC02777.JPG

Yeah, I only asked about the stage seating earlier because at one point this morning the bookings page had them as being available and selectable. But a quick phone call cleared it up and informed us it was probably an error on the website.

As much as I'd love to attend this, I don't think I can justify the expense, even with cheap concert tickets. I'm probably looking at $2000 just for economy airfares, 48 hours on a plane and $1000 for accommodation. :(

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

As much as I'd love to attend this, I don't think I can justify the expense, even with cheap concert tickets. I'm probably looking at $2000 just for economy airfares, 48 hours on a plane and $1000 for accommodation. :(

WTF from where do you hail? I thought Drax lived furthest away from me (thank god).

Long shot but is anyone selling 1 ticket? I live round the corner and having never seen JW in concert or likely to ever again, so desperate to get a ticket. 

Forever and a day,

Bork

58 minutes ago, Quintus said:

WTF from where do you hail? I thought Drax lived furthest away from me (thank god).

The bottom of Australia. It's about 24 hours and $1000 one way to London from here. 

4 minutes ago, SourBork said:

Long shot but is anyone selling 1 ticket? I live round the corner and having never seen JW in concert or likely to ever again, so desperate to get a ticket. 

Forever and a day,

Bork

Extra general public sale tickets go up in 20 minutes, if there's any left after the friends and patrons got exclusive access. 

You're so lucky being right around the corner! Much harder for those of us on the other side of the planet. 

25 minutes ago, crumbs said:

You're so lucky being right around the corner! Much harder for those of us on the other side of the planet. 

I know! Very lucky. Managed to get a ticket thankfully, incredibly excited.

I kept trying. There isn't a queue at all and I just get immediately sent through to the ticket selection, yet they're all gone... I never got a chance to even select anything. Strange.

I just got off the phone with them and they said they're all gone. 

Just now, leeallen01 said:

I kept trying. There isn't a queue at all and I just get immediately sent through to the ticket selection, yet they're all gone... I never got a chance to even select anything. Strange.

That is odd, I bought one at 10 and went back at 10:01 and put me in a queue behind 2 others. Assuming they bought it as it kicked me out. 

I got to the add to basket page and there were tickets available for front choir (36 pounds from memory) and standing in the gallery. I decided I couldn't proceed with the purchase though, just too hard to organise a trip to London with only 6 weeks notice. 

By the time I refreshed that page, the choir seats were gone though. So I had the chance... but such is life. 

No idea what happened to me then. I was on the website all morning refreshing and then bang on the second at 10am I went through and nothing left...

I do already have tickets in the circle though so I'm not disappointed. I just really wanted to sit in the choir seats upclose. Ah well, never mind. 

2 minutes ago, leeallen01 said:

No idea what happened to me then. I was on the website all morning refreshing and then bang on the second at 10am I went through and nothing left...

I do already have tickets in the circle though so I'm not disappointed. I just really wanted to sit in the choir seats upclose. Ah well, never mind. 

If I had 2 rather than one I would've gladly helped you out, least you're going ey, will be incredible. 

SO HAPPY for the people who managed to grab tickets today! John Williams conducting the London Symphony in the Royal Albert Hall. I mean come on, it's a dream!

Also, huge thoughts and feelings to anyone who missed out, because it is horrible. I remember for years watching all my American friends getting to see him year after year and I couldn't afford to fly over there to see him, and it was crushing for so long. I even tried a few years back where I booked flights, hotel and tickets for Boston, which he then cancelled last minute due to health problems. That destroyed me and left me broke for a while. But then the Chicago tickets went onsale this year, and I said screw money, and just went, still in total fear that something would go wrong. But it didn't. It was a dream come true and the 2 concerts I attended, sat in the choir stalls, watching him face-on conducting, was un-bloody-believable! So I know both sides of the coin, the heartbreak of missing out, and the dream of finally seeing him conduct.

I wish I was able to get choir seats today so I could pass on my circle seats to someone who desperately wanted them.

Thanks @leeallen01

It's a bitter pill to swallow knowing I was one click away from choir seats but unfortunately I just can't justify the money involved in getting there purely for a concert, John Williams notwithstanding.

I probably would've pulled the trigger if I had more than 6 weeks to plan a larger European holiday (just to make the money and distance more worthwhile) and bundle JW's concert into that, but 6 weeks just isn't enough time for me to plan a holiday so involved. :(

If the concert were 5 hours away in Bali, on the other hand... 😁

I had two friends who were heartbroken to miss out on the tickets earlier in the year, and after hearing I'd got choir seats were even more devastated. They just tried this morning and managed to get two gallery tickets. Not exactly brilliant, but they're happy to just be in the room. I think they're gonna keep trying the hall in case any get returned. 

So, to the people that bought tickets yesterday for the choir seats: Where the front rows of the choir on sale or where they unavailable from the start?

If they were also sold I guess it would mean we won't get any "Dry your tears Afrika", or "Duel of fates", while if they were unavailable... I guess it would mean there will be a choir 99%?

1 hour ago, jacksbrain said:

So, to the people that bought tickets yesterday for the choir seats: Where the front rows of the choir on sale or where they unavailable from the start?

If they were also sold I guess it would mean we won't get any "Dry your tears Afrika", or "Duel of fates", while if they were unavailable... I guess it would mean there will be a choir 99%?

They were on sale- tried to get them but kept getting sold quickly.

51 minutes ago, tmarps said:

They were on sale- tried to get them but kept getting sold quickly.

Thanks, that was helpful.

I guess no choir at all then. Other than Quintus soloing a Where Dreams Are Born sung over something else 🤣