'A Celebration of John Williams in Concert' - Royal Albert Hall, October 26, 2018 (CONDUCTED BY DIRK BROSSÉ)

Mari

@Jay, you've been to his concerts more then most. What are the chances of a lot of Williams concert standards showing up. Not Star Wars or most of the big Spielberg stuff of course. But Sabrina, Adventures of Mutt, Neverland Flight.

There's bound to be some odd choices 

Since he hasn't been to Europe in so long, I expect the program to be full of all his biggest hits, really.  I'd be surprised if he conducts anything I haven't heard him conduct before!

I hope I'm wrong, and it's instead focused on English scores - those set in England (Jane Eyre, Hook, Harry Potter, War Horse, BFG) or recorded in England (Fiddler on the Roof, Jane Eyre, Star Wars, Superman, The Fury, Dracula, Raiders, Harry Potter).  That'd be really neat.

Well, I said "focused on", not "exclusively".

But hey, who knows.  He can program whatever he wants, really.

But I do expect it to be all the big hits - Star Wars March, Imperial March, Superman March, Raiders March, Adventures on Earth, CE3K Suite, Jaws theme, Harry Potter stuff, etc etc.

29 minutes ago, Jay said:

Since he hasn't been to Europe in so long, I expect the program to be full of all his biggest hits, really.  I'd be surprised if he conducts anything I haven't heard him conduct before!

I hope I'm wrong, and it's instead focused on English scores - those set in England (BFG, Hook, Harry Potter, War Horse) or recorded in England (Fiddler on the Roof, Star Wars, Superman, The Fury, Dracula, Raiders, Witches of Eastwick, Harry Potter).  That'd be really neat.

Has he ever played Jane Eyre in a concert?  That would make an excellent encore.

I'm so happy to even be able to attend one concert where Williams is conducting, that I truly couldn't care less about the program. That being said, I wish I could be that picky ; it would mean I've had the opportunity to attend several Williams' concerts 😛

I think since we live in the age of Merica, he should only conduct especially NON European scores…Cowboys, Earthquake, Jaws, 1941, Temple of Doom, Born on the Fourth of July, Lincoln, JFK, Nixon, The Patriot, etc.  It would be his subtle way of saying “So long, suckers!”

Hedwig's Theme is a given I'd have thought, and I wouldn't mind it at all. It's just I'm also expecting Harry's Wonderous World (a beloved cue I've never had an affinity for) and whatever else along with it, which would be too much H. Potter for my tastes.

35 minutes ago, Quintus said:

Once I see the actual programme up on the site I'm going to study up on any of the arrangements I am unfamiliar with. So I'm sure BFG will probably need some of my attention. Do you have a cue recommendation from it, Pasi?

I think it is basically that track Stefan mentioned what he use to perform. In Chicago it was titled A Childs Tale: Suite from BFG or something like that.. 

I PRAY that Adventures on Earth is featured - it’s the most marvellous piece and the epitomy of his career I feel. It is an emotional rollercoaster like no other so I hope he gets that and performs it 

It's always played too slow... hesitantly, as if the orchestra is frightened of the source material. In reality, its a chance for everyone too have a ball.

21 hours ago, Jay said:

I hope I'm wrong, and it's instead focused on English scores - those set in England (BFG, Hook, Harry Potter, War Horse) or recorded in England (Fiddler on the Roof, Star Wars, Superman, The Fury, Dracula, Raiders, Witches of Eastwick, Harry Potter).  That'd be really neat.

THE WITCHES OF EASTWICK? Recorded in England? Jay, are you sure?

You're right that the definitive version of Adventures on Earth is the Boston Pops recording on the Spielberg/Williams collaboration albums - but I wonder how the LSO will tackle it #LondonSymphonyFanboy 

Quick one, luckily managed to score choir seats. Anyone had an experience sitting here previously? Just wondering if the placement is in any way inferior to that of the front facing seats?