'A Celebration of John Williams in Concert' - Royal Albert Hall, October 26, 2018 (CONDUCTED BY DIRK BROSSÉ)

Mari

3 hours ago, hornist said:

Of course not but you have to admit that we have heard(I have played) Imperial March too much!!! 

I have heard it live a couple of times. But definitely not too often.

9 hours ago, Richard said:

THE WITCHES OF EASTWICK? Recorded in England? Jay, are you sure?

Ha! Nope, what a weird typo. I meant to put Jane Eyre there. No idea how Witches of Eastwick came out!

If we look at programs of concerts JW did in the last 2-3 years, it's always a mixture of his classic works and selections from recent ones. I guess the London concert will follow the same pattern. As other have already pointed out, I'm not too picky in what he selects to perform. For me it's the experience in itself that matters, i.e. seeing him conducting his music live in such an historic venue with one of the world's best orchestras. I'm pretty sure this concert will be a particularly thrilling experience.

This is the first time I’ll be seeing Williams conducting in the flesh so I’m hugely excited. What are his concerts like? Is it usually 2 hours of music with an interval? Does he speak much or tell any anecdotes in between pieces of music?

Been away from the Forum for a while...hope everybody is fine.

Going to both London (thanks to one of the guys here) and Vienna (twice)!

Haven't checked, but has there been something organised by JWFAN, like t-shirts or plans to get together, or trying to get to meet JW as a group afterwards?

Yes, there is a group dinner happening at a restaurant down the street at 5pm before the Friday concert:

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/28277-the-official-european-jwfan-pre-concert-meetup-thread-london-october-26-2018-venue-booked/

There's a 0% change any of us will get to meet JW after

17 minutes ago, MSM said:

Been away from the Forum for a while...hope everybody is fine.

Going to both London (thanks to one of the guys here) and Vienna (twice)!

Haven't checked, but has there been something organised by JWFAN, like t-shirts or plans to get together, or trying to get to meet JW as a group afterwards?

You're welcome to turn up to the meal which Jason linked to. You should be okay to be seated with us.

I'd be very surprised if JJ doesn't make a surprise cameo, considering he's the next director JW's working with, and he's shooting Star Wars in London as we speak.

At the Elfman pre-concert dinner a few years ago, Elfman's agent Richard Kraft spontaneously showed up to say hello to us. I'm expecting either Gorfaine or Schwartz to do the same now. ;)

2 hours ago, Thor said:

At the Elfman pre-concert dinner a few years ago, Elfman's agent Richard Kraft spontaneously showed up to say hello to us. I'm expecting either Gorfaine or Schwartz to do the same now. ;)

RK is a genuinely nice guy. Can't say I've heard the same about MG or SS however...

Hello everyone :)

Probably it has already been discussed somewhere, but...

What's the dress code for the concert ? This is my FIRST JW Concert, something that I've been awaiting since 1989.... I don't really know how it works at the RAH... :D

Thank you

Alessandro