'A Celebration of John Williams in Concert' - Royal Albert Hall, October 26, 2018 (CONDUCTED BY DIRK BROSSÉ)

Mari

Perhaps it is jus a 2-hour Q/A with Williams and the whole LSO on stage answering questions from the audience.

Usually we don't find out what the Symphony Hall program will be until the same week of the concert.

Not sure about anywhere else

Tanglewood and Symphony Hall are the same.  The setlist gets posted to JWFan when someone goes to a show at the same venue early in the week and the booklet contains all the setlists for that week's concerts.

On 10/9/2018 at 10:37 AM, crumbs said:

What would Star Wars be doing shooting in Prague? 

It is possible Hamill is doing non-Star Wars related work like the Knightfall TV series as he was announced to be joining the cast for the 2nd season just a while ago.

12 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Has any Williams concert released a program beforehand in the USA? Not to my knowledge. @Jay?

Usually programs are always announced before. Film Nights at Pops/Tanglewood/Hollywood Bowl concerts are kind of an exception.

On both the RAH and LSO pages for the concert, they have a short blurb saying Williams will conduct "some of the most successful movie music" and then "Programme TBC", so I guess they will put it up perhaps a week before the show.

I think the setlist has already been settled, as JAKMS needs to prepare parts for the orchestra with the right amount of time in advance and ship them to London (of course it's also likely the LSO already has lots of JW music in its library). I'm confident we'll get the official announcement in the coming days. And if not, well, it'll be nice to discover it at the RAH the actual day of the concert :)

Best shot is if this guy decides to show up and stand by the door in protest against name rights.

Image result for john williams guitar

20 hours ago, Not Mr. Big said:

That's where they're recording the score

Yeah, so don't be surprised when you see Mark Hamill under vocalic textures in the liner notes of IX!

14 minutes ago, hornist said:

Stupid question: Do I need to print my ticket or do they accept a mobile one at RAH? 

From what they wrote in the email, the ticket needs to be printed.

Please print the attachment and bring it with you to the event. Each ticket will be scanned on entry.

You know what's weird?  I got my tickets in the mail to this concerts MONTHS ago, like not long after I ordered them, which IIRC was the day they went on sale.

I only JUST received my tickets in the mail to Harry Potter 3 at the  same venue 2 days earlier, a few days ago.  Weird.

I got mine as an email.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

You know what's weird?  I got my tickets in the mail to this concerts MONTHS ago, like not long after I ordered them, which IIRC was the day they went on sale.

I only JUST received my tickets in the mail to Harry Potter 3 at the  same venue 2 days earlier, a few days ago.  Weird.

Could it be because these two concerts probably have different organisers? They're two different orchestra's afterall.

3 hours ago, Jay said:

I just recently got my ticket for the LSO SW in November. Via e-mail. Ordered before or around the same time the Williams LSO concert went on sale.

Weird.  Well I'm glad to have them ahead of time, I thought I would have to go to the box office and figure it out

Yes, ten days, but I'm starting wondering if my two Viagogo e-tickets will let me in the RAH.....

Yes, I made a mistake, but I was in rush and nothing I did know about that crap site...

It is too late, every thing is paid, flight and hotel: in the worst case, I'll enjoy a weekend in London, crying silently in a corner of Piccadilly Circus....