'A Celebration of John Williams in Concert' - Royal Albert Hall, October 26, 2018 (CONDUCTED BY DIRK BROSSÉ)

Mari

I'm sometimes very ambivalent about some of Williams'(or any others') piece, is it brilliant or almost terrible. HWW is maybe little bit on a smaltz side... It's difficult to explain in english, there must be some idiom but I can't find it... 

1 hour ago, leeallen01 said:

I can't wait for his classic story - "This next piece is from the new Star Wars films. I recall J.J showing me the film, and Daisy was so mesmerising that I told J.J he needed a better Composer than me for this film, and he said 'I know, but Daisy's already dead.'"

"And I told JJ 'I don't want anybody else to score her'" will be the new standard interview anecdote for years to come. ;)

Karol

On 10/20/2018 at 12:10 AM, Damien F said:

Do we know if John Williams will be doing any interviews with the British media (especially TV or radio) while in the UK? Has anything being announced?

As bollemanneke says -- no interviews with anyone, neither British nor international media. This has been confirmed by Williams' personal assistant.

3 minutes ago, Thor said:

As bollemanneke says -- no interviews with anyone, neither British nor international media. This has been confirmed by Williams' personal assistant.

Could you guess why? It seems a little strange to me. No interviews or any slight thing with anybody from anywhere. 

Presenter Sue Cook wasn't joking when she said she knew the other John Williams quite well - she was literally married to him. Also, I bet Alan Partridge was pretty jealous that his old friend got to interview such a Hollywood stalwart. 

1 minute ago, Quintus said:

Presenter Sue Cook wasn't joking when she said she knew the other John Williams quite well - she was literally married to him. Also, I bet Alan Partridge was pretty jealous that his old friend got to interview such a Hollywood stalwart. 

I actually read Sue Cook's name in Alan's voice before the partridge reference 

He probably is. I can't imagine an 86-year-old not needing a bit of extra time to readjust to a different time zone before doing the rehearsal. But his itinerary is probably more secret than the American president's.

37 minutes ago, TownerFan said:

The LSO tweeted a few pics from the rehearsals. Suite from Star Wars and Theme from Jurassic Park among the selections.

Wheres this tweet!?

I can't wait to hear some new age Star Wars performed by the LSO. Jedi Steps and Finale would be fantastic but it'll surely be his original SW suite instead. Might get Rey's Theme I guess.