'A Celebration of John Williams in Concert' - Royal Albert Hall, October 26, 2018 (CONDUCTED BY DIRK BROSSÉ)

Mari

Daaamn! I knew this was going to happen when it seemed I was going to make it to the concert.

Three time's the charm, I guess. When I was going to attend a concert with Kamen about 15 years ago, he had to cancel due to illness and died shortly after. Some years later I was going to attend a Morricone concert, but he became sick and also had to cancel. And now this. I just hope JW will recover soon and gift us with great music for years to come, although it doesn't sound promising that he's in a hospital. :(

sorry, so gutted, I didn't even check the Messageboard.

I was just making a travel itinerary and then this mail popped up...

1 minute ago, Quintus said:

MOTHER FUCKER. I feel like cancelling.

I just knew it. I knew it!

aye, same here. Everything booked though, flights, hotels...

3 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

If we're lucky, he'll recover quickly enough to make an appearance at the concert.

doubt it

I need to vent.... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

I'll be getting a refund. Not travelling to London for a random Williams playlist considering I go to concerts like this all the time. Such a shame. 

I just hope I don't decide not to go and then last minute I hear he's okay to conduct! Man this is heartbreaking.

Just now, Biodome said:

Damn it. Booked flights, hotels, everything. I can only hope he'll recover for Vienna.

If he makes it, it will be that much more special...but doubt it

It'll sound callous, but I'm too annoyed to feel sympathy right this moment when it's literally costing us over £1,500 plus the logistics of childcare and organising awkward work arrangements just to see some randomer conduct Star Wars music. My wife's asked if I want to cancel and I'm considering it.

Just now, leeallen01 said:

I'll just call and ask for a refund. They can't expect to not refund the tickets when the entire event has changed. 

hmm I see...gonna try and do the same

For myself, having not heard much Williams music performed live as a young whippersnapper, I am consoling myself with the fact that the concert is still going ahead and I get to hear Adventures on Earth performed live by the LSO. But I am still majorly disappointed and we are all entitled to vent and be upset. Tickets are reappearing on the official Albert Hall box office btw. :(

I wonder whether it would be still possible to arrange some flowers and card wishing speedy recovery. But I doubt we can find out which hospital he's staying in?

Karol

I remember a few years back when I booked flights from the UK, hotel and tickets etc for Boston and he cancelled. Financially and emotionally destroyed me. I never thought I'd ever take another chance that big again to see him, but in April I took the chance to fly to Chicago, and see him. In hindsight, it was the best decision I ever made.