'A Celebration of John Williams in Concert' - Royal Albert Hall, October 26, 2018 (CONDUCTED BY DIRK BROSSÉ)

Mari

3 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Wow! I completely forgot the flight was this long; I was mixing it up with the NY-London duration.

It takes me 14 hours to reach LA from Melbourne and it's horrible. Full credit to JW for even attempting this at his age, not to mention additional flights planned further into Europe.

I go between LA and London a couple of times a year. It's between 9 1/2 to 12 hours depending on the route and winds. The Jet lag alone coming into London wrecks havoc on my system. 8 hours difference is no joke o the body. I'm in the gym daily just to try and compensate and it still takes me a week at least to start adjusting.

1 minute ago, Disco Stu said:

Where have you been?

Where have I been when?

41 minutes ago, Alan said:

Abrams came from shooting TFA to give a quick speech before Giacchino's Star Trek live to projection performance at the Albert Hall. Incidentally, this was also the night where I told Andy Serkis he couldn't sit next to me at the on-site bar in one of those slow motion "what the hell are you doing?!" moments (the seat was taken by my partner who had just gone to the gents at the time).

For Abrams to show up at a John Williams concert while he's in town shooting another SW movie is totally within the realms of possibility, if he isn't shooting on location somewhere anyway. 

Good to know, thanks.

Poor Any Serkins, though. What did you told him?: "This is my PRECIOUSSSSSSSSS (sit)" ?

1 hour ago, Stefancos said:

Exactly! 

No speculation is warrented and necessary. People want to know. It shows both concern and caring. This isnt a Hipaa situation. 

9 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

I saw your post this morning and realized you haven't been around in months.

Been working on a commission, DONE finally, and monitoring the discussions on the site. Not much else really.

16 minutes ago, ocelot said:

When I read posts where people have not even taken his health into consideration then I have the right to read those bitches. 

Nice. Of COURSE his health was an immediate consideration, for all of us. Again, that goes without saying (not to mention quite a few had already chimed in about his health by that point, but whatever).

I really support the signed JWFan card idea, if it's possible to get a contact to deliver it to John. He must be feeling bad about having to cancel three concerts, and so any warm wishes will cheer him up for sure, and, likely, aid in the recovery! I'll still attend the concert, and hope to see some of you in the meetup.

2 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

There hasn't been much new to report anyway.

Dracula is coming!

Ordered it!

3 minutes ago, Quintus said:

Nice. Of COURSE his health was an immediate consideration, for all of us. Again, that goes without saying (not to mention quite a few had already chimed in about his health by that point, but whatever.

Not for all. Go read! But yes... Whatever....

1 minute ago, ocelot said:

Ordered it!

Not for all. Go read! But yes... Whatever....

I have already re-read. I was dumbfounded and fuming at the time I posted my initial response. Which you somehow interpreted as "drop dead John Williams" or something, which is absurd. I'm sorry if it's difficult for you, but I have a certain order in my priorities and my first thought upon learning this news was "fuuuuuck" and not "oh no please let him be okay!"

1 minute ago, Quintus said:

I have already re-read. I was dumbfounded and fuming at the time I posted my initial response. Which you somehow interpreted as "drop dead John Williams" or something, which is absurd. I'm sorry if it's difficult for you, but I have a certain order in my priorities and my first thought upon learning this news was "fuuuuuck" and not "oh no please let him be okay!"

Oh you are talking about yourself... 

10 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

There hasn't been much new to report anyway.

Dracula is coming!

Like you will listen.

Wow. This is some shitty news to wake up to. Wishing Williams a speedy recovery.  :( 

I liked Croc's idea of sending flowers or something. It would be lovely if he knew how much his fans cared, though I imagine it's not super feasible.

And sorry to all the guys who put so much money and time on the line to make this work. I can only imagine how crushing it must be. But hey, at least you'll have the grand JWFan meetup. Still sounds like a recipe for a great night.

I am sorry that John will not conduct but that doesn't mean those who meet up can't have a great time. Wrap yourself in John's music.

So many tickets available directly from the rah website now. Every section. Think it might just be me and a couple of cats that walked in by mistake that are watching! 

The expensive boxes have... Unsurprisingly.... Been returned 

Screenshot_20181024-151739_Chrome.jpg

Get well soon John. 

I've cancelled my tickets (and talking to the insurance company to refund the plane tickets). I had seen almost every piece that was being played int he concert live at least once . My only real purpose in travelling was watching John Williams conducting for the very first time in my life. In fact I would only be spending 1 day and a half in London, city I've never been to and would like to visit with time enough to spend. I'm deeply sad.

I'm very very sorry for Mr Williams and hope he recovers soon. 

Welcome to the board @moz_1983 though I regret the circumstances.

Vienna is a beautiful city. You’ll have a good time. Though I think we’ll be a couple of JWfaners roaming the streets, with vacant stares, dreaming of a concert that never was.

I dipped my toe into Twitter to see what people are saying. As expected, most people are wishing him a speedy recovery and treating him with reverence. I saw one tweet where someone is complaining that it is false advertising that JW won't be there and it is a serious breach of his consumer rights. How stupid and self-entitled are some people! Seriously.

Just logged on and saw the news.  Utterly terrible that such a monumental set of events will not take place.

But, of course, JW's health is the most important thing.  I do hope there is nothing extremely serious.  Will be praying for the maestro. 

It would be a fantastic gesture if the LSO traveled to America next year to give JW the opportunity to conduct them in concert because he missed this opportunity.

It is early days, and unlikely to happen, but would be lovely all the same.

5 minutes ago, Thor said:

I hope it's OK if I post Mike Mattessino's recent Facebook post here, since there were no pertinent details about the illness other than to comfort us all a little bit -- which we need right now:

Thanks for sharing Thor. This comforts me a bit indeed.

13 minutes ago, moz_1983 said:

Oh, and it's also really helpful at this time to hear people remind everyone how many times they've seen JW live - real helpful guys 😂

This 😂

7 minutes ago, Thor said:

I hope it's OK if I post Mike Mattessino's recent Facebook post here, since there were no pertinent details about the illness other than to comfort us all a little bit -- which we need right now:

That certainly casts a better light on things. Hopefully he’ll be able to return home soon.

24 minutes ago, Thor said:

Thats great news! Thx Thor

6 hours ago, Caliburn said:

Dear Customer,

A Celebration of John Williams in Concert - Friday 26 October 2018 

Unfortunately, owing to a last-minute illness, John Williams greatly regrets that he is no longer able to conduct this concert with the London Symphony Orchestra.  

John travelled to London but was taken ill and is in hospital, where he is receiving very good care. It is his wish that the performance should go ahead, and his colleague and dear friend Maestro Dirk Brossé has kindly agreed to conduct the LSO for this very special event.

Mr. Williams’ management said:  

"John is so sorry that an illness prevents him from conducting Friday's concert, and he’s grateful to his friend Maestro Dirk Brossé for taking the podium in his place. He so wishes he could be with everyone, and the knowledge that 5,000 of his friends will be joining together to celebrate his music is a great comfort to him as he recovers. He wishes everyone a very joyous evening of music.”

Brossé is Music Director of the Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia, and John Williams chose him as Principal Conductor of the Star Wars in Concert World Tour.

The Royal Albert Hall, London Symphony Orchestra and Dirk Brossé wish Maestro Williams well for a speedy recovery.

We do hope that you will enjoy this very special evening. If you have any questions please contact the box office on 020 7589 8212 with the name and order number attached to your booking.

If you have booked Hospitality tickets we will contact you directly.

We look forward to welcoming you to the Royal Albert Hall on Friday.

Yours faithfully,

Royal Albert Hall

SHOOT!!! I was greatly looking forward to listening to the concert on Classic FM!

I was also looking forward to the Vienna concert, which would have been released on CD. I hope and pray the Maestro fully recovers and feels better.