'A Celebration of John Williams in Concert' - Royal Albert Hall, October 26, 2018 (CONDUCTED BY DIRK BROSSÉ)

Mari

31 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

The way you're describing him here (and I will gladly take your word for everything you wrote) makes it sound even less responsible for him to have travelled at all.

He made John Williams sound like that old guy out of Poltergeist 2.

7 hours ago, davefg said:

This. I mean why not take precautions with his last European tour? Why only arrive 2 days before when it would take some time recover from the jet lag? 

Just because someone claims it's a routine illness doesn't necessarily mean that it's going to be the same every time. Do you know his exact illness, what caused it? 

Let's take the facts first: Williams was scheduled to arrive and perform at these venues, most likely expecting to be fit to do so, and then he contracts this illness and unfortunately had to cancel. There's no poor planning, or bad faith in this situation, just an unforeseen, unfortunate circumstance. 

Shit happens.

1 hour ago, Simon R. said:

You don't get hospitalized immediately for a "routine illness". And you don't cancel events almost two weeks out. I don't buy it. I hope Williams will be OK but I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't. :(

I was just hospitalized for 4 days and told not to exercise or do anything strenuous for two weeks, and I'm 46! Also, not at death's door. 

It could be something simple as his decades-long back problems flaming up after sitting on an airplane for hours upon hours. That would certainly need recuperation for some time, preferably in a hospital setting. So no reason to get all dramatic -- especially not now after we've received calming messages from both Matessino and Brossé.

16 minutes ago, JTGL said:

I got this message from a local friend. He got the support from the LSO! Lets do this!

‪So the plan is after the first number for everyone to stand and applause for 1 minute to show support to John, it’s being broadcasted and John Williams will be listening. #applauseforJohn please RT ‬

And what number it is!! 😍😍😍😍😍

If this will happen, I am going to cry like a baby, sorry about that!! 

14 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

- If it's so routine, why fly him home right away? Wouldn't that make him feel even worse?

Well, he could be flying home in an air ambulance, or first class with a nurse in a seat that's more bed than chair. And perhaps flying wouldn't affect his condition much at all?

2 minutes ago, crumbs said:

JW can afford a pretty luxurious flight home with a bed, I wouldn't be concerned about that.

Is the jetlag easier on return flights from the UK to US?

Exactly, it's not like he's sitting cramped up next to a crying baby in Economy (like the rest of us plebs 😉)

Jeez. I'll be going still but so many cancellations now... Pretty empty for a film music concert at the rah: I go there a LOT... every concert I've been to has been totally packed whether that was Giacchino.... James Newton Howard.... Orchestra to film concerts...

Tickets are still premium priced which is probably the issue... 

20181025_124259.jpg

On 2/16/2018 at 3:15 PM, leeallen01 said:

It's just people trying to make money off other peoples misery. They're utter trash.

Speaking of ticket prices, I was reading the beginning of this thread when we were talking about people buying multiple tickets only to resell them at a MUCH higher price. I hope there are still people trying to sell these overpriced tickets. I wish them luck now 😂

Sorry for being a dumbass, but that image above is low resolution on my phone and I can't make it out properly. Are the coloured dots taken seats and the grey ones vacant seats?

Just now, Quintus said:

Sorry for being a dumbass, but that image above is low resolution on my phone and I can't make it out properly. Are the coloured dots taken seats and the grey ones vacant seats?

Opposite

1 minute ago, Quintus said:

Now that would be truly sad !

You guys really don't need to worry. There will be plenty of people there.

This is London...things like this perform very well anyway, there's just a lot of demand, especially when the venue is a place like the RAH. It would have been packed even if Brosse was going to be the one conducting from the start.  They won't be discounting seats because they don't need to (and it would create a mess if they did).

1 hour ago, Delgibbons said:

Jeez. I'll be going still but so many cancellations now... Pretty empty for a film music concert at the rah: I go there a LOT... every concert I've been to has been totally packed whether that was Giacchino.... James Newton Howard.... Orchestra to film concerts...

Tickets are still premium priced which is probably the issue... 

20181025_124259.jpg

Wow, we are at Stalls O, row 6.

2/3 of this row (and row 7 and 9) are vacant now.

Enough leg space I would say...😁 

I have seen John perform 3 times at Hollywood bowl but never in UK. I never know about it until too late. I was checking every day since tickets went on sale. Following yesterday's news as they came available, I still bought a ticket.  I'm driving up from South Wales.  

7 hours ago, Simon R. said:

You don't get hospitalized immediately for a "routine illness". 

Williams is 86. Routine illness at that age requires the utmost care and consideration. Pray that recovery come thither.

When there's an important cancellation like this with such a "personnality" due to illness, there is all the "insurance" aspect. That's not our business, but it's the reality...

JW will probably not be "insurable" anymore for a travel outside USA.

But this is not our business...at the end, we just want to know the exact reason of the illness, and they probably won't tell us now...

If it's the "back"... ok it's the "back"... If it's the "heart"... that's more serious.

Honestly, I connect to the forum each hour since yesterday.. and maybe more often.

I found the fact that "we don't know what happened" very stressfull.