'A Celebration of John Williams in Concert' - Royal Albert Hall, October 26, 2018 (CONDUCTED BY DIRK BROSSÉ)

Mari

Anyone made their own recording, ideally from the Rausing Circle, and able to upload at some point? The ClassicFM recording leaves a bit to be desired for me! Thanks.

Classical FM just said you can hear the broadcast anytime for the next 7 days from their website but I must have heard the link wrong.  They said classicalfm.com but it isn't there, does anyone have the correct link?  Also can someone who attended take a picture of the orchestra roster please?  Thanks.

EDIT: Ahh, wrong address.  It is https://www.classicfm.com/composers/williams/john-williams-royal-albert-hall-how-to-listen/

2 minutes ago, karelm said:

Classical FM just said you can hear the broadcast anytime for the next 7 days from their website but I must have heard the link wrong.  They said classicalfm.com but it isn't there, does anyone have the correct link?  Also can someone who attended take a picture of the orchestra roster please?  Thanks.

15405972146158441232334429065283.jpg

great concert, having heard a bunch of other orchestras play the LSO are a cut above they don't seem to do many film music concerts so I guess this was a one off. Fawkes the Phoneix was a nice inclusion as was Dracula theme and Han Solo & the princess. The rest pretty standard. Close Encounters is always a highlight , BFG was amazing.. they didnt play Home alone but this had lots of weird sort of percussion effects and muted brass in it.. didn't disappoint!

Only complaint some of the tempo changes were a bit too fast or slow but overall didn't disappoint and I did pay 500 quid for the ticket :(

Hope JW gets well soon! Apparently he arrived in London on Monday but was listening in to which the audience applause went nuts!!

All I can say  is the LSO have a way of interpreting his music that makes it art.. they don't just play the notes they embody the spirit.. hope it makes sense.

1 hour ago, Ricard said:

Here it is!

Wow, love this version! Seems ever so slightly slower than the OST or BPO version, and of course flawlessly performed by the LSO.

The sense of panic is overwhelming, suffocating! 

8 hours ago, aescalle said:

In the waiting of the processed recordings,

please find some Homework I've made using the new LSO identity:

Custom Front cover:

2ASOv4V.jpg

Custom Back cover:

dGo6AOF.jpg

We have almost 3 recordings from my side (AAC, MP3, Wave),

and some 2 from other friend!

Oh gosh, I wish they would professionally release it just like this. Looks great.

2 hours ago, St0rMl0rD said:

Amazing!! That sound...That's why RAH is my fav venue in the world. Still looking to buy the programme 2nd hand if anyone managed to get an extra one :) 

I wholeheartedly agree!

7 hours ago, janwin said:

Anyone made their own recording, ideally from the Rausing Circle, and able to upload at some point? The ClassicFM recording leaves a bit to be desired for me! Thanks.

It definitely sounded more 'film-like' from where I was sitting on the second tier, but I'd assume the Classical FM mikes were pretty much on the stage.

40 minutes ago, toothless said:

And now I'm at the HarryPotter studios. Williams music is everywhere, perfect !

Did well to get that ticket... Those are rare as hens teeth 😊

2 hours ago, toothless said:

And now I'm at the HarryPotter studios. Williams music is everywhere, perfect !

Enjoy! It’s a fantastic tour. 

It’s Doyle you’ll hear at the castle model though 😜

What a fantastic evening. I was all the way up in the standing gallery but we were clapping and cheering as loud as the rest. I'm honoured to think that John might have heard my clapping as a thanks for basically my entire musical upbringing!! 

Im going to try and find a recording of the night (either radio rip or if anyone has any better ones) but if anyone has any links please PM me as I'd love to re-live!!

EDIT: I have a couple of iPhone videos from up the top that I'll add to this post once I'm off crappy airport wifi!! 

Thank you Dirk and GET WELL SOON JOHN! 

Great concert, I've been to the RAH to hear Williams pieces played before but nothing comes close to the LSO last night.

Agree it was still almost all sold out, I imagine a lot of Londoners picked up some last minute tickets.

Does anyone have links to a quality recording (from ClassicFM?), the one on their website seems to be a 46kbps stream?

Also is there an album recording of the version of Han Solo and the Princess from last night?

8 minutes ago, JWFanWales said:

I got back at 2:30am. It was an awesome experience.

Where can I download this recording so I can put it on CD?

No avatar, no asking.

:pfft:

Just now, jeremy314 said:

Also is there an album recording of the version of Han Solo and the Princess from last night?

Ask the guy who made the JW discography!!!

Euh... NO.

What an extraordinary concert...that much was clear, even from listening.  Harry Potter and Dracula in particular...chills. Along with Jurassic Park. Wondrous.

I was blown away by almost everything, save Superman. For some reason that theme has lost a lot of its power for me...and this performance sounded a little flat.

And anyone who wasn't moved by Yoda's theme, Williams sublime statement of perfection, simply has no soul.

I envy you who were there.

I will finally listen to it in a few minutes... I almost lost all my morning talking and chatting with @Disco Stu and @Nick Parker on the "official" JWFan Discord channel!

Cool!

19 minutes ago, Nick1066 said:

And anyone who wasn't brought to near tears by Yoda's theme, Williams sublime statement of perfection, simply has no soul.

I agree, that's one of my favourite piece of music!