'A Celebration of John Williams in Concert' - Royal Albert Hall, October 26, 2018 (CONDUCTED BY DIRK BROSSÉ)

Mari

8 minutes ago, Horner's Dynamic Range said:

To be honest with you, I did have a terrible feeling when it was announced Williams was sick. I just kept thinking how JG and JH went to the Royal Albert Hall not long before they passed. Stupid, I know.

An omen?

I can confirm. I emailed the Musikverein to ask about the possibility of any rehearsals open to the public, but a rep said that this would not be possible due to recordings going on. However, he could not confirm if there would be a CD release.

Makes the cancellation of the Vienna concert all the more heart-breaking. 😢

why do the still broadcast in 128k?

fear of piracy? They still think people listen on dial up modem? Nobody ever bothered to upgrade the system?

6 minutes ago, St0rMl0rD said:

While I'm asking for favors lol, can anyone shoot me a PM with a link to a high quality version of the stream? Much obliged.

Me too! Me too! 🙏

23 hours ago, St0rMl0rD said:

Same here, flying to Vienna for a day on Saturday morning...I'll go see the Musikverein on Saturday, will also pick up my ticket of the concert-that-was-not-meant-to-be :( Will post a pic here.

Hm, do you think they will hand out tickets to a cancelled and refunded concert?

Anyway - when do you intend to be there, roughly?

We'll arrive on Friday in the late afternoon, and after a nice breakfast and maybe some cultural events which we will decide upon in the hotel room looking through the event calendar, we could meet there. I intend to lug with me the heavy Williams binder I have been adding to since about 26 years. There's barely room for a couple of tickets/pages more in there... ;)

See you soon, maybe,

ML

1 hour ago, Martinland said:

Hm, do you think they will hand out tickets to a cancelled and refunded concert?

Anyway - when do you intend to be there, roughly?

We'll arrive on Friday in the late afternoon, and after a nice breakfast and maybe some cultural events which we will decide upon in the hotel room looking through the event calendar, we could meet there. I intend to lug with me the heavy Williams binder I have been adding to since about 26 years. There's barely room for a couple of tickets/pages more in there... ;)

See you soon, maybe,

ML

If you have been refunded already or your refund is on its way, then the ticket has already been destroyed. I asked them if I can have it, and they said I can pick it up, and they'll refund me in cash at the box office, so I'll do that. I'm arriving on Saturday morning, have a day packed full and flying out Sunday morning, but perhaps we can meet for lunch or something :)

And yeah, if anyone has an mp3 of the stream in good quality, please let me know.

On 10/29/2018 at 2:23 AM, Marian Schedenig said:

Apparently the main anchor point of this whole endeavour were the Vienna concerts, and he just threw in the LSO gig because he was on his way over anyway and wanted to play with them again. So rescheduling Vienna would probably have priority (it also seems to be a bucket list item for Williams).

I am afraid that his doctors will forbid him to fly to Europe again, but this post sure gives some hope.

What makes you think Vienna was the main anchor point, since London was announced first? I think 3 weeks before Vienna?

4 hours ago, spanosd said:

I am afraid that his doctors will forbid him to fly to Europe again, but this post sure gives some hope.

What makes you think Vienna was the main anchor point, since London was announced first? I think 3 weeks before Vienna?

Wasn't it confirmed that his illness wasn't related to the flight?

I read in a spanish forum from a reliable source than it was an issue of trouble with blood circulation regarded to being seated for too many hours in the flight from the States. It's a quite usual problem with old people in long flights and can be very very dangerous.

24 minutes ago, jocores said:

I read in a spanish forum from a reliable source than it was an issue of trouble with blood circulation regarded to being seated for too many hours in the flight from the States. It's a quite usual problem with old people in long flights and can be very very dangerous.

Probably why his doctors told him not to fly for years. Has he gotten back to LA? Anyone know? Maybe he can take a boat!

18 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Is there any way he can get from New York to London without getting on a plane? Would a ship be safer?

He could try teleporting. Beam him to London next time!

l5w9rktaoc4dnjnmb4mm.jpg

2 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

For some reason, after the concert finished I walked out with The BFG theme playing in my head.

I should probably give that score a listen soon.

It's simply called "brain washing"!

They play this Suite on EVERY SINGLE CONCERT now.

"Listen to the BFG... listen to the BFG..."

I'll probably listen to it too this week...

:john:

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

Is there any way he can get from New York to London without getting on a plane? Would a ship be safer?

He could take the Queen Mary 2 but it's a 7-day trip and he'd have to fly to New York. 

7 minutes ago, Richard said:

If he took that particular mode of transport, he might have some good times bad times, or he could have a communication breakdown, and end up dazed and confused.

A communications disruption can mean only one thing.