'A Celebration of John Williams in Concert' - Royal Albert Hall, October 26, 2018 (CONDUCTED BY DIRK BROSSÉ)

Mari

Not backwards?

I'll be attending the film music festival in Pula, Croatia just before and will just have a day or two inbetween before it's off to London. A very intense couple of weeks ahead!

50 minutes ago, Jay said:

Were you afraid Williams would cancel?

He's old. Occasionally, he's had to cancel other projects for health or scheduling reasons. Not that there was any reason to worry, but I wasn't going to absolutely believe in this half a year in advance and risk being disappointed.

As horrid as it seems, everyone must’ve had doubts about his appearance at this concert. It understandably is a worry for anyone, especially Mr Williams... Health can deteriorate quickly at such a grand age, so it was anyone’s guess. There’s still life in the old boy yet though!

It will be aprogramme entirely devoted to the music of great Ennio Morricone who will be celebrating 90th birthday later this year. ;)

I am also told it will feature a short tribute to Ilaiyaraaja who is celebrating his 75th birthday this year.

Karol

15 minutes ago, Quintus said:

The fact that the program still ain't up on the Albert Hall site still casts some doubt on the whole thing for now!

In US JW concerts i believe a program is rarely announced beforehand though. I was surprised Vienna released one.

I am so bummed that I was not able to get a ticket or prepare a flight plan for this extraordinary and amazing concert coming up. The forthcoming CD for the following concert with the Maestro and the Vienna Philharmonic will do for me, but I was hoping that this concert, the Maestro conducting the London Symphony Orchestra, would at least be broadcasted. I know there will be a full report on this concert, but I hope someone will be able to post video of the concert, though that probably seems unlikely.

7 hours ago, tmarps said:

Imagine if it was all Star Wars Music. I don’t know whether I’d be really happy or really disappointed haha. 😕

Probably a little bit disappointed😋

I mean in Chicago the highlights were Lincoln, The BFG and Jane Eyre😎

To fellow Classic FM listeners: Do you also notice that their internet radio suffers from volume correction? Whenever I listen online, soft parts tend to become really loud and loud parts become softer, though it seems to be getting better since very recently. I hope someone can record the concert without this sound problem.

I'll certainly try to listen! One of you brave lads who will be there must shout "Praise the Tablecloth" or "Star Trek is better than everything!" during an applause so I know I'm listening to the right thing and you're really there.

1 hour ago, Holko said:

I'll certainly try to listen! One of you brave lads who will be there must shout "Praise the Tablecloth" or "Star Trek is better than everything!" during an applause so I know I'm listening to the right thing and you're really there.

We'll gag Stefan if necessary.

Even though I'll attend the concert, I'm curious about this :)

During the programme, Classic FM’s listeners will hear an exclusive interview recorded with Williams in LA, first broadcast to mark the composer’s 80th birthday.

26 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

So Classic FM will put on a repeat from 6 years ago rather then schedule a new interview with the Maestro?

There are no new interviews to be scheduled. As I mentioned earlier, Williams will not grant an interview with anyone during his stay.

7 hours ago, TownerFan said:

HALLELUJAH!!! I will not miss it! I hope it will be on demand.

8 hours ago, TownerFan said:

Alright!  Will be listening! 

(Now I just need PBS to broadcast the Vienna concert live on Great Performances)