The Official European JWFAN Pre-Concert Meetup Thread (London, October 26, 2018)

Guys, the restaurant wants £5 per head deposit to book our group. We've said we'll get back to them by Friday and they have provisionally booked us in for now. So if we want to go ahead with this, people are going to have to PayPal the amount to either myself or Steef (if he wants to take over).

This is based on 34 guests per the list as of now. Please advise asap.

Actually, if you don't mind it'd be easier for me if participants PM'd me directly about it. That way I can immediately see who is still active in the current list and I can my provide my email address on demand.

Okay folks, up to now I've had PMs about this from 3 of the names in the list. It's possibly still fairly early in the day at the moment for some, so what I'm going to do is wait till 3PM GMT Friday afternoon (tomorrow) to see if that figure rises substantially before replying with my PayPal email address to anyone. Then I'll just tick 'em all off one by one. Hopefully by that time all the names will have come forward, otherwise I'll take what we have and reduce the booking accordingly. Cheers!

I think instead of 34 people paypaling you £5 it would be much easier if one person just ponied up and people paid him back in person at the restaurant

Regardless Marcy and I are absolutely still in for dinner and if you need money ahead of time I'll get it to you

33 minutes ago, Jay said:

I think instead of 34 people paypaling you £5 it would be much easier if one person just ponied up and people paid him back in person at the restaurant

Regardless Marcy and I are absolutely still in for dinner and if you need money ahead of time I'll get it to you

Sure, for obvious reasons it'd be much easier for me or someone else to just pay the deposit in one go now, but then there's always that chance of people dropping out for whatever reason and then the payer being out of pocket. But if anybody does want be a hero and pay it all up front, be my guest! ☺️

Good question. I'm assuming it will be (it better had be). I'll see if I can find out. Otherwise, if not I'll cancel.

Edit:

@Richard I received your PM, thanks. But I noticed you're currently not on the list of names on page 1. So you would make it 35 instead of 34.

I asked because usually that kind of fail safe request from restaurants is asked for very large groups on busy nights or peak hours, at least here in Italy. 35 is a large number, but still manageable by a good restaurant, especially for a very early dinner at 5pm (and all of us will be out of there at 6.30 max, I guess).

I suppose the worst that could happen is the meal might end up costing us all an extra £5 each, but it's probably unlikely.

Tbh, I'm thinking folk would probably be better off agreeing amongst themselves at their specific part of the table/s to pay for their orders together as foursomes or whatever anyway, rather than just one great big final bill.

4 hours ago, Quintus said:

Guys, the restaurant wants £5 per head deposit to book our group. We've said we'll get back to them by Friday and they have provisionally booked us in for now. So if we want to go ahead with this, people are going to have to PayPal the amount to either myself or Steef (if he wants to take over).

This is based on 34 guests per the list as of now. Please advise asap.

I'm perfectly ok with you (Kate) handling the reservation.

[EDIT]

List updated on main post.

15 hours ago, gkgyver said:

I should really show up just to ruin Stefan's evening ... :love:

You wouldn't.

As you know I don't like you. One bit. Everything I've ever read by you reinforces my innate bigotry against Germans.

But if you want to attend, its fine.

4 hours ago, Stefancos said:

I'm perfectly ok with you (Kate) handling the reservation.

[EDIT]

List updated on main post.

You forgot to add my +2.

Didn't want to say anything until I was sure but I'm gutted I couldn't make this work out.  We'll already be there in mid October and it wasn't feasible to extend the trip or stay longer myself.  Gkgyver in attendance could be motivation to spend the extra cash needed though.

1 minute ago, Bespin said:

I'm about to start a thread for those who shall not attend these fans meetings.

Bes, if there was ever a Canadian fan meeting I'd be there.

2 minutes ago, TGP said:

Gkgyver in attendance could be motivation to spend the extra cash needed though.

HAHAHAHA!

2 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Bes, if there was ever a Canadian fan meeting I'd be there.

* @Bespin only as long as the location isn't too far into Separatist Quebec. Which parts of Nouveau France are typically more separatist anyways?

8 minutes ago, Jerry said:

HAHAHAHA!

* @Bespin only as long as the location isn't too far into Separatist Quebec. Which parts of Nouveau France are typically more separatist anyways?

Separatists in Québec??? Where??? We are in 2018! Separation is not in the air anymore.

Ok, so I'm going "public" with this.

This is me, being as open and as honest, with JWfan, as I can be.

Most JWfaners know of my - what's the opposite of affection? - for technology. Heck, I couldn't even create my own avatar. How pathetic is that?

The thing is...I want to attend the meet, and although I have more than £5 in my personal kitty, I do not have a Pay Pal account.

Nor do I want one.

This might strike some JWfaners as strange, but that's how I prefer it.

I know that I have no right to ask anyone this, but I would be very grateful, indeed, if someone could front the £5 for me. I would, of course, pay them back in full, on the day, and I'd buy them a drink, or two, to say "thank you".

I can't say fairer than that.

R.

We are now confirming the guest list. If you wish to attend, please send a PM to @Quintus or me ASAP, and please specify if you are taking a guest.

5 hours ago, Jay said:

I can lump in £5 along with Marcy and I's for you @Richard once Quint replies to my PM with his paypal address

Jason, I have already agreed to cover Richard. There's no need for you to pay for him, thank you.

Made PayPal details available to all whom I've received a response from thus far. So far it's roughly half of the list that I have heard from. One or two others have contacted me late on with interest so there's a good chance there will be spaces available.

I'm still waiting for confirmation from my friends if they will join, but I don't want to hold up the whole group because of me, so feel free to proceed counting me out for the moment. If I'll receive news in timely fashion, I'll send details and money to Lee. In the worst-case scenario, I'll definitely pop up at least to say hello and grab a drink. And of course I'll be more than available to join anyone for post-concert beers.