Film Score Monthly's Latest Poll

Lurker

The new poll at Film Score Monthly is about which John Williams score deserves to be expanded the most. For some reason, A.I. is in the lead, even though most of the score is available. I went with the obvious choice, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.

Neil

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy who compiled the list must have had great fun choosing the titles for the poll. Sabrina, most notably, is the one I expect no one to vote for, even among the most duteous fans of John Williams.

My click belonged to Dracula.

Roman.-)

lots of votes for BotFJ

My god, I'm trying about dozens of films names.... Bottle of the F****** Jedi only comes to mind... (ahhh... after 2 more minutes, I finally got it lol) That tends me to create a game... If everyone can pick up these John Williams' scored films titles... then... euh... then he wins...:P

1. RotLA:

2. EotS:

3. tMB:

4. S'sL:

5. CEotTK:

6. TMWLCD

7. IJatLC:

8. HA2:LiN-Y:

9. FotR:

10. HPatS'sS:

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Empire of The Sun

The Missouri Breaks

Schindler's List

Close Encounters of the Third Kind

The Man Who Loved Cat Dancing

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Home Alone 2: Lost in New York

unknown John Williams score

Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone

Neil

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Empire of The Sun

The Missouri Breaks

Schindler's List

Close Encounters of the Third Kind

The Man Who Loved Cat Dancing

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Home Alone 2:  Lost in New York

unknown John Williams score

Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone

Neil

absolut correct answer, even the tricky N°9 which is indeed no original score, but only an adaption :angry: !!

You're truly amazing Neil :P

I was thinking "Fellowship of the Ring" like you were trying to be cute or something. :angry:

AI promo is not complete?

Even with the 2 disc promo, AI is still incomplete. I'm not sure of everything missing, but I know the music when Gigolo Joe is arrested is not on any of the albums.

Neil

I voted for AI, because it's my favorites score of all the ones listed. But I also wanted to vote for Temple of Doom because I really want that music after the mine train ride!!!!!!!

My logic is that we have 40 minutes of Temple of Doom while I already have over 2 hours of A.I.. And that 2 hours of A.I. music is very easy to get. Most of us have had it over a year already.

Neil

Temple of Doom, AI or Hook. 2 of those have bootlegs, I went with Doom. Besides, I think Doom is the type of score that benefits best from completion.

A.I. isn't even a boot. It's a legitimate promo sent out by Warner Bros. As long as nobody pays to buy it (and I know I didn't, though I did buy the CD and the DVD-A of that score) I don't even think A.I. can be called a bootleg.

Neil

I voted for AI,  

:angry: censored banghead

we have 2hrs of music from this worthless film.

we have so few minutes from the wonderfully dark TOD.

what a wasted vote.

1 or 2 cues might be by Williams on the Valley of the Dolls c.d.,but nothing confirms that,because he's not credited for composing anything.

K.M.

As of this very minute, ToD is in the lead. You made me want it over Dracula, somehow, so now I'd want the ToD complete, too. Hope this voting will be heard now and granted on its way back from the boundless outer space of wishes. Still I think such polls are quite meaningless. First off, they won't be heard; and secondly, at least 5 titles would deserve the complete release equipollently.

we have 2hrs of music from this worthless film.  

we have so few minutes from the wonderfully dark TOD.  

what a wasted vote.

You know people do have diffrent opinions, Joe.

Justin -Who thinks the score to A.I. is fantastic and would have no problem with an offcial complete release, except we need ToD more. :devil: