NEW Score podcast. David W Collins is back!

leeallen01

Oh absolutely. Even if there's a huge amount of crossover with the content of Oxygen, David on his own is just a whole different league. The only reason I wouldn't want him to cover the stuff from Oxygen once more is the fact that there's so many more soundtracks I want him to talk about.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/7/2020 at 9:08 PM, ATXHusker said:

I've listened to the all, just hoping for David's take without the other guy Jimmy Mack or whatever his name is.  Nails on a chalkboard...

To be fair, Jimmy Mac is a long time and popular Star Wars podcaster whose idea was Oxygen - and got a lot of Star Wars (and not music) fans listening to podcasts about soundtrack analysis!

He might seem very banal to people to people on film composer message boards but that’s maybe not really the point... 

2 hours ago, GlastoEls said:

To be fair, Jimmy Mac is a long time and popular Star Wars podcaster whose idea was Oxygen - and got a lot of Star Wars (and not music) fans listening to podcasts about soundtrack analysis!

He might seem very banal to people to people on film composer message boards but that’s maybe not really the point... 

Not to mention he edited and hosted (as in putting it on an online server) the episodes.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

He used to be on the Star Wars Oxygen podcast, before launching his own podcast (the one this thread is about)

I listened to the first couple episodes of this and wasn't impressed at all. Sounded like he was speaking to people who talk about what podcasts they listen to as a pickup line and don't know the first thing about anything. 

Did it get a little more interesting and in depth since then?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Faint Fainting GIF - Faint Fainting Catch Me - Discover ...

Finally!   I was hoping he'd have some episodes on E.T. (and maybe Hook in the future).

Looking at the past FB post there will be episodes on ST: TMP as well as LOTR: TTT  :rock2:

On 6/1/2020 at 11:22 AM, Dr. Rick said:

Here's a random wish list for future episodes!

Superman TM

Hook

Star Trek TMP

Star Wars prequel and sequel trilogies

E.T.

Close Encounters

Home Alone

Titanic

LOTR TTT & ROTK

Well, a good chunk of these are either done or will be this upcoming season!  👍🏻 

• 2 months later...