Jump to content
Jurassic Shark

How much would you be willing to pay for a mint copy of JW's Dracula on CD?

How much would you be willing to pay for a mint copy of JW's Dracula on CD?  

30 members have voted

  1. 1. How much would you be willing to pay for a mint copy of JW's Dracula on CD?

    • $10
      9
    • $20
      6
    • $30
      8
    • $40
      4
    • $50
      0
    • $60
      1
    • $70
      0
    • $80
      0
    • $90
      0
    • $100
      0
    • More than $100
      2


Recommended Posts

I bought Dracula, used but in mint condition. As far as I can recall, I paid only 30 Euros for it.

 

I paid 80 Euros for Jaws 2 years ago, and just recently over 100 Euros for LLL's Poseidon Adventure. 

 

These are my most expensive CD purchases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Josh500 said:

I bought Dracula, used but in mint condition. As far as I can recall, I paid only 30 Euros for it.

 

I paid 80 Euros for Jaws 2 years ago, and just recently over 100 Euros for LLL's Poseidon Adventure. 

 

These are my most expensive CD purchases.

I bought Dracula for 12€ and Jaws 2 for 14€ both in mint condition.:D

6 hours ago, hornist said:

0€

I have it on LP and CD. Never got it trought. The only Williams score I do not like!!!

You must be kidding!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I didn't already own it, perhaps some $30 plus shipping?

 

I can't remember what I paid for it. In fact, I think I got it through a trade with a Japanese collector in the late 90s or early 2000s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's see, I paid £12.99 for it in 1993. Then also £11.99 for the vinyl version in 2015. Both are still in superb nick so I don't think I'd fork out for another ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, dtw42 said:

Let's see, I paid £12.99 for it in 1993. Then also £11.99 for the vinyl version in 2015. Both are still in superb nick so I don't think I'd fork out for another ;-)

 

I paid import price for it on vinyl, in July, 1979. That would have been about £6, which was an awful lot of paper-round money, back in the day!

I also bought it on CD for about £12.99 when it came out.

I would happily triple-dip, for a remastered OST. What I'd pay for an expanded CD, I be too embarrassed to say :)

 

 

 

6 minutes ago, aj_vader said:

I paid about $40 for it a few months ago from Ebay, including shipping. 

 

That's about £32, so that's reasonable. You weren't robbed. I hope that you enjoy it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Richard said:

That's about £32, so that's reasonable. You weren't robbed. I hope that you enjoy it?

 

Yes, I have been looking for one under £50 on eBay in good condition for a few years. I do enjoy it very much, great music. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

 

So how much would you like for your CD? ;)

 

I'm not sure if this is want you want. I'm very bad with these releases, just love good music.  I have no idea when I bought this, it says varese sarabande and there are11 tracks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, hornist said:

(...) Must be because I'm always drunk. 

 

I would never have been enough courageous to tell you that most of the time your comments are irrelevant.

 

Now it make sense.

 

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, hornist said:

Well, my memory is lost. Must be because I'm always drunk. But Jurassic Shark, If you want my copy it's yours!!

 

Thanks, but if you're "very bad" with your CDs then I'll pass. :) I prefer to have my collection in good condition. If I wanted a badly treated copy I'd just borrow the one they have at my local library and then claim it was lost... :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Thor said:

If I didn't already own it, perhaps some $30 plus shipping?

 

I can't remember what I paid for it. In fact, I think I got it through a trade with a Japanese collector in the late 90s or early 2000s.

Would you buy a remastered OST?

Would you buy the Complete Score if it had the remastered OST?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Thor said:

No. Unlike most others, I've never really had any issues with the sound quality of the OST.

 

I agree that the sound quality of this one has been undeservedly criticized. It might not be as good as on some other soundtracks from the same period, but it's definitely not the worst either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the few Williams OSTs I don't own because it went OOP before I became a completist.  I'm not willing to pay secondary market prices (cheapest price on Amazon currently is $100), so I'm just waiting for a label to re-issue it someday.  Hopefully its in the works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jay said:

One of the few Williams OSTs I don't own because it went OOP before I became a completist.  I'm not willing to pay secondary market prices (cheapest price on Amazon currently is $100), so I'm just waiting for a label to re-issue it someday.  Hopefully its in the works.

 

You can find it a lot cheaper on eBay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure, but I have patience for a label reissue.

 

 

That's the same reason I haven't picked up the other old & OOP JW CDs I'm missing - Towering Inferno & Valley of the Dolls & Eiger Sanction.  Hopefully the labels can get the rights to those, too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jay said:

Sure, but I have patience for a label reissue.

 

Noble, but I don't this is going to happen any time, soon (and neither is THE RIVER, nor PRESUMED INNOCENT).

 

 

 

 

2 minutes ago, Denise Bryson said:

You're just not a real JWfan unless you own every original first release of an OST.

 

So, Jerry...do you own the original Warner Bros. LP of THE TOWERING INFERNO, because I do...and it's autographed, so  :lick:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...