The Mandalorian SHOW discussion - Spoilers Allowed for all aired episodes

Faleel

If that was Tait Fletcher then he's a damn good voice actor, because he sounds nothing like Tait Fletcher, but exactly like Jon Favreau.

8 hours ago, Jay said:

Ah, Screenrant... The site that frequently credits Mike Zeroh. :lol:

1 minute ago, Jay said:

He was in Mando 3 as a clone trooper voice in the flashback to Grogu surviving Order 66

That's right! I totally forgot about that. So technically he was in Mando S3.

The whole time I watched Mando, I never once thought Paz's voice sounded like Favreau; I only learned it was him via the internet

I don't have a clue if he voiced him in season 3 or not, and it doesn't really matter honestly

On 25/04/2023 at 2:19 PM, Jay said:

The whole time I watched Mando, I never once thought Paz's voice sounded like Favreau; I only learned it was him via the internet

I don't have a clue if he voiced him in season 3 or not, and it doesn't really matter honestly

I never would have guessed it was ever Favreau. It still doesn't sound like him to me!

Seemed like him to me when I first heard him in SE1.

To be fair, he played Pre Vizsla in Clone Wars, so it may have informed that for me somehow.

So, I finished S3. I had to restart Episode 7 several times because I lost interest and found myself distracted to the point I felt I missed what was going on. The finale was alright I guess.

It felt like a bit of a throw away to have Gideon show up in the last 2 episodes like a jack-in-the-box. I had no real sense that he was the villain anymore, there was no build up. And why even use a force army as part of the plot if they are immediately destroyed even before we even know they’re force sensitive?

Grogu is annoying now, rather than cute, and looks like the plastic doll he is. On top of that, the character is rather pointless to the plot. The Mandalorians are annoying as well, rather than cool. Their catchphrase “this is the way” - that they love to say - is used too frequently and too arbitrarily. It just feels thrown into the dialogue at any moment at the writers leisure.

I would put S3 down as “would not recommend”, but it’s passable, I guess, just not for me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I suppose this belongs here: apparently Respawn games (who have done the successful Star Wars: Jedi series) was working on a first person shooter game based on The Mandalorian. Not anymore: with their parent company EA games announcing a layoff of their employees, this game has been cancelled.

https://tech4gamers.com/ea-670-layoffs/