The Mandalorian SHOW discussion - Spoilers Allowed for all aired episodes

Faleel

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

the-mandalorian-poster

First poster for The Mandalorian. Jon Favreau has said that a trailer will be revealed later today at Disney's D23 Expo. Whether or not it will drop publicly or be an exclusive is not yet certain, but I think it'd be wise to put it out there at this point.Can't wait!

https://ca.ign.com/articles/2019/08/23/the-mandalorian-ming-na-wen-joins-the-cast-of-the-disney-star-wars-series

And a new addition to the cast- Ming Na Wen, known for Mulan and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. 

Super excited for this trailer to drop, presumably within the next few hours as the Disney+ panel at D23 is from 3:30-5:30 PST.

Is that the final season? Haven't watch it. I hear people were gravely disappointed by it. Lots of 'What went wrong?' videos on youtube, etc. It's almost like they are talking about The Last Jedi.

Not necessary and too dangerous, with union regulations and all. Instead, they use the decapitated heads of randomly deceased people. That way there's no fuss. Relatives get paid and feel honoured that their beloved ones appear in a hit TV show.

On 4/15/2019 at 10:48 PM, Arpy said:

This looks good, but I'm having trouble detaching the heroic overtones of the main saga and then coming to something that's meant to be grittier. Does anyone know what I mean?

It's kind of similar in a way to Man of Steel, of which the grittier tone clashed with what I usually associated with the character. 

That said, this show does look interesting and the cast involved all are stellar actors.

Agree with all of this. It looks great, but it also seems like it’s going to be a heartless, cruel story. Who knows, but, that’s what it looks like.

YouTube put the trailer in front of me (it likes to recommend its lucrative click lure vids doesn't it) so I watched it. Who's playing Boba Fett in this then? He take his helmet off, I presume? 

Looks surprisingly decent. Certainly looks the part, it feels expensive and high end from a production stance. I might try the pilot. 

I just hope Dillon's first line is "what's with this fuckin' cloak business?" 

16 hours ago, Pellaeon said:

It looks great, but it also seems like it’s going to be a heartless, cruel story. Who knows, but, that’s what it looks like.

Ouch; I hope it won't be TOO dark.

It's John Favreau; is he known for doing dark stuff too?

Elf, Iron Man 1&2, The Jungle Book and The Lion King don't strike me as that sort of stuff.

So I'm holding out hope for something a bit more... well... hopeful.

1 hour ago, Quintus said:

Who's playing Boba Fett in this then? He take his helmet off, I presume

As far as I'm aware, the main character isn't actually Boba Feet.

He's played by Pedro Pascal from GOT fame.

1 hour ago, Pieter_Boelen said:
3 hours ago, Quintus said:

Who's playing Boba Fett in this then? He take his helmet off, I presume

As far as I'm aware, the main character isn't actually Boba Feet.

He's played by Pedro Pascal from GOT fame.

https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2478574/boba-fett-wont-appear-in-the-mandalorian-but-theres-good-news

On 8/24/2019 at 3:59 AM, Alexcremers said:

Game Of Thrones would have used real heads, not helmets.

Sure, but we never see any stormtrooper faces in Star Wars. Nothing uniquely identifiable as a stormtrooper. 

Oh sure, they could cut the helmets open like how we see Luke in the magic cave on Dagobah.

If they used the actor who played Jango Fett and who was the source of the clones, that would imply that the Empire switched from clones to conscripts along the way, and that's a silly logistical argument. By the time Finn removed his helmet, a different program was in use. 

Besides, the Ewoks did this first. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Unlike most streaming series, this thing will debut its episodes weekly. Here's the dates for S1:

Episode 1 – Nov 12
Episode 2 – Nov 15
Episode 3 – Nov 22
Episode 4 – Nov 29
Episode 5 – Dec 6
Episode 6 – Dec 13
Episode 7 – Dec 18
Episode 8 – Dec 27

I really thought they were gonna make a pause between the season for the holidays like most broadcast TVs, but no, the entire season will be streaming on D+ until the end of the year.