The Mandalorian SHOW discussion - Spoilers Allowed for all aired episodes

Faleel

I somehow managed to stay spoiler-free, so Luke's appearance totally blown my mind. 

But I'm a little worried with Baby Yoda now. If he's going to be one of the padawans at Luke's newly reformed Jedi Academy, it means that in a few years he'll be slaughtered by Ben Solo and the Knights of Ren. :( 

4 hours ago, Niktob said:

I twas never going to be that good because Marvel has used the original actors and "de-aged" them. This was a complete deep fake face-swap. Not perfect, but better than Leia in Rogue One!   

5 hours ago, SilverTrumpet said:

According to the end credits, it was Mark Hamill playing Luke in that scene. 

Grogu could leave anytime before the Kylo Ren incident and have his own adventures. At this point it would be like assuming Ahsoka was going to die in the Jedi Purge from early on in the Clone Wars.

I'm sure Grogu will be back eventually... the only other alternative is that he will inevitable be slaughtered by Kylo Ren.

All-in-all the only somewhat disappointing aspect of the episode was the dodgy CGI for Luke. I would've liked more information on why Gideon wanted Baby Yoda so bad, and what Pershing was doing, but I'm sure they're saving that for Season 3.

EDIT: Did anyone else exit the episode right as the end credits ended? I literally closed the app a second or two before the after credits scene started, I didn't even know there was one until I saw someone on Facebook point it out. :lol:

51 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

EDIT: Did anyone else exit the episode right as the end credits ended? I literally closed the app a second or two before the after credits scene started, I didn't even know there was one until I saw someone on Facebook point it out. :lol:

That happened to me too! I closed the episode just as the credits started, I didn't know there was going to be a post-credits scene.

If anyone finds that post-credits scene on YouTube, please post it here.

3 hours ago, dylanskie said:

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, it's just speculation, but

Hide contents

Gideon needed Grogu's blood and is working with clones for Palpatine's resurrection... right?

Yes, he said his blood will help to return order to the galaxy or something like that.

It isn't clear how many clones of Palpatine were created between Return of the Jedi and The Rise of Skywalker, but I'm guessing the stability of each depended on the midichlorian count of whatever cells they could find. They lucked out with Grogu, but who knows how many other Jedi were used to sustain him? Palpatine pushes the Jedi to extinction, then needs them to help him survive - ironic eh?

It would be interesting to see Palpatine in such a vulnerable position, like somewhere between a Force Ghost and a Zombie. Kinda similar to Voldemort in Goblet of Fire. I hope future shows can give more insight. I've often said that the weakest parts of the Sequel Trilogy, namely the preponderance of the First Order and later with Palpatine's return, are woefully underdeveloped. 

Did they make multiple clones of Palpatine? Who created them? I'm kinda fussy on that aspect of the lore. I'm just picturing that 'failed clones' scene in ALIEN: RESSURECTION. Gross!

I would've thought Palpatine might've consulted the Kaminoans as part of an extensive contingency plan as they were already established cloners. Maybe Jedi are harder to clone???

The original EU books already featured the idea of Palpatine going through multiple clones before trying to possess Luke's body.

10 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Yes, he said his blood will help to return order to the galaxy or something like that.

It's pretty obvious. The blood is being used to help clone Anakin Skywalker, hence Hayden's appearance in the Kenobi series. He'll be a clone.

Everything is proceeding as Mattris has forseen.

I think there are are a little too many clone shenanigans in the STAR WARS universe. Soon we'll end up with confrontation scenes like those in Arnie's THE SIXTH DAY.

It seems Lucasfilm has confirmed there is a connection with The Mandolarian and the cloners of Kamino.

The Mandalorian Hints at the Return of Kamino Cloning | CBR

Star Wars Easter egg may reveal The Mandalorian's endgame ...

I didn't read all the books wrote by Timothy Zahn in the previous century... but if I remember wel, there was a clone of a Jedi who went insane and out of control.  So that's what I told you, you CAN'T CLONE A JEDI...

"But I really don't think he's a Dark Jedi. He's erratic and moody, but he doesn't have the sort of evil aura about him that I could sense in Vader and the Emperor. I think it's more likely that Master C'baoth is insane."
Luke Skywalker, to R2-D2[src]

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Joruus_C'baoth

They just don't know it yet, it seems... Again, another previsible plot... Admiral Thrawn is not far...  And oh, did you know that Joruus C'baoth was originally supposed to be a mad clone of Obi-Wan Kenobi (Lucasfilm rejected the idea at the time...)?  A connection with the Obi-Wan series to come.  So prepare to see Ewan McGregor in the Mando in 2021, before the Obi-Wan series in 2022.  Ewan, your career is restarting big time! Yep...

So previsible... but so lucrative!!!

So I must admit, in those conditions... I'll probably watch the 3rd Season of Mando.  Well, Mando will remain a second zone character surrended with great mythic characters. But, they intended it like that, why not. He's just the link to connect the dots. 

But it's beginning to be interesting!

14 minutes ago, Nick1066 said:

This looks like the kind of guy who corrects people's grammar in chat rooms.

He looks like a guy who talks about video games and repairs consoles..

3 minutes ago, Spider-Fal said:

He looks like a guy who talks about video games and repairs consoles..

He looks like the kind of guy who finds the store manager and tells them you're not wearing your mask properly.

So, bit of tricky news.  Back at the big Disney investor briefing, they announced that "the next chapter" of The Mandalorian would be premiering in December 2021.

Well, turns out that's NOT The Mandalorian Season 3, it's The Book of Boba Fett.  Favreau said on Good Morning America that Mando season 3 wouldn't even be going into production until late 2021/early 2022, so I'd imagine that will premiere December 2022.

He talks about it at 2:09 below

On 12/20/2020 at 11:02 AM, Disco Stu said:

My random hot take:

CG-ish Mark Hamill in Mando is less distracting than real "rolled out of bed onto a Stars Wars set" Harrison Ford in TROS :lol:

Well he rolled out of his hospital bed because of a broken foot!

Starbuck doesn't follow rules about keeping your helmet on, but does follow rules about needing to win the saber in combat, apparently

It made the ending of the season more dramatic to cut to the credits with Luke leaving rather than having a discussion about saber semantics after that emotional payoff

I'm sure Season 3 will explain more about it

20 minutes ago, Jay said:

Starbuck doesn't follow rules about keeping your helmet on, but does follow rules about needing to win the saber in combat, apparently

Well, I think she believes in the power of the story to legitimize her claim to the throne in the eyes of the Mandalorians

On 12/19/2020 at 12:35 AM, Edmilson said:

But I'm a little worried with Baby Yoda now. If he's going to be one of the padawans at Luke's newly reformed Jedi Academy, it means that in a few years he'll be slaughtered by Ben Solo and the Knights of Ren. :(

Yeah, all I could think when I saw him is how sad his future is, and how much they f*cked up his character.

Thanks, Rian "Annie Hall" Johnson. Your crappy film is the gift that keeps on taking.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Starbuck doesn't follow rules about keeping your helmet on

She needs to be thrown back in hack!

1 hour ago, Jay said:

The helmet rule only applies to Children of the Watch, the next generation of Death Watch. Bo Katan is no longer a member of Death Watch (she left in TCW and spent the rest of the clone wars fighting against them and Maul).

I know you were joking, just thought I'd mention that for anyone else who might not know. 

ROTJ doesn't specifically show Fortuna or Crumb dying, but the last time we see them, they are on the sail barge that explodes.  Since they've now decided that Fortuna didn't die that way, Crumb could also be alive too

11 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

Well, I think she believes in the power of the story to legitimize her claim to the throne in the eyes of the Mandalorians

In Rebels, the Dark Saber was passed down to the heir of Mandalore, Sabine Wren, who decided Bo Katan was the better leader and gave it to her. This whole 'Elder Wand' mix-up is a bit silly in respect to what we've seen of the Saber in other shows. 

7 hours ago, AC1 said:

Episode 2 Season 2

First it was Dune, now it was Alien. What's it going to be in episode 3?

Waterworld