The Mandalorian SHOW discussion - Spoilers Allowed for all aired episodes

Faleel

Yea they've only put the Andor and Willow trailers on their official youtube channel, why not the Mando 3 trailer?

Too slow! :lol:

Here's a description of what was shown during the reel (before the Bo Katan screenshot confirmed it was legit)

Spoiler

Teaser starts with The Armourer is unhappy Mando removed his helmet. Mando says he’s going to Mandalore to be “forgiven for his transgressions” Bo Kayan’s seen on an epic throne, looks phenomenal

Mando on a rock planet, talking to the Armorer who is mad at him for taking off his helmet. Grogu's by his side. He's "no longer Mandalorian. Redemption is no longer possible since the destruction of our home world."

We got Bo-Katan on the throne, and she is angry at Din Djarin. Some howler monkeys in a tree! Greef Karga looking fly! Tim Meadows is in this??? Din is going to Mandalore in Season 3, baby! Bo-Katan asks Grogu if he thought his dad was the only Mandalorian. ooooo!

19 minutes ago, Michael G. said:

Season 4 is being planned.

On 29/05/2022 at 10:49 PM, Jay said:

If I want to follow the shaky new adventures of Grogu, will I have to watch The Mando or Boba Fett?

Baby Yoda Disgusted GIF - BabyYoda Disgusted Puke - Discover & Share GIFs

2 hours ago, Jay said:

Yea

Do you not feel that it would be far better growth for Mando to leave this dying cult behind and establish his own code, or at the very least join up with some less zealous Mandalorians?

The Armorer is kind of an asshole, she expelled Din from the order because of the helmet dogma despite their numbers being pathetic, and did it knowing that he couldn't redeem himself since the ritual presumably can't be completed due to Mandalore's destruction

I think it's good we're going to Mandalore since that intersects with Bo Katan's story, I just don't like Din's motivations for doing so. Feels like he's not really exercising any agency here, which has been the case for all the seasons except for the first

I just meant it was compelling he was going to go there and try. Obviously things could go in any direction once he gets there! 

I think it's pretty obvious from the trailer that that's what will end up happening. It'll start with him trying to redeem himself, sure. But once he gets to Mandalore I'm sure things won't go as planned.

I just finished binging The Mandalorian (and The Book Of Boba Fett) - for the first time!

Loved it. Absolutely loved it. A few low points but overall excellent stuff. Watching this for the first time concurrently with the Kenobi series... it's like chalk and cheese. The effort and love that went into this is palpable.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

I just meant it was compelling he was going to go there and try. Obviously things could go in any direction once he gets there! 

That’s fair, things could definitely go in a different direction

• 1 month later...

Plus its a younger version of a species introduced in ESB which came out 4 years before Gremlins

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 05/11/2022 at 10:20 PM, Jay said:

Well, it turns out that this short and the Studio Ghibli news were one and the same...

https://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/35040-studio-ghibli-and-lucasfilm-team-up/#comment-1921391

• 3 weeks later...