The Mandalorian SHOW discussion - Spoilers Allowed for all aired episodes

Faleel

I was about to say why I like that model, then I remembered I already did on the previous page

On 4/15/2019 at 5:12 PM, Disco Stu said:

Yes, I prefer reacting to and discussing each episode as a group.  When they're all dumped at once and we're all watching at different paces, it's not as fun.

Sucks that my part of the world probably will not get to see this legally, unless Disney decides to release it on physical media or sell it to satellite networks.

4 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

Is that actress wearing just a coat?

Also, Carl Weathers looks fantastic for 71.

EHRr8dzUcAAkJN-.jpeg

one of my coworkers has a teenage daughter and according to her it’s called “lamp shading”.  It’s not a good look on her that’s for sure!  Kind of like white pants...  some women can get away with wearing them and some...  not so much!

12 hours ago, JTWfan77 said:

Sucks that my part of the world probably will not get to see this legally, unless Disney decides to release it on physical media or sell it to satellite networks.

It'll be like it never happened. The Mandalorian Effect 

13 hours ago, JTWfan77 said:

I hope these Disney+ shows are on Foxtel. I'm not forking out for more friggin' "thervithes".

They definitely won't be on Foxtel, but Disney + sounds like it will be well worth it, if only for a one month payment of 7 bucks or whatever. 

18 hours ago, JTWfan77 said:

I think Jon Favreau confirmed a few months ago that they're planning a Blu-Ray release down the line. I mean, obviously they would. They know how much Star Wars fans are obsessed with collecting things. All of their other shows get physical releases, so why would this be any different?

1 hour ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

I think Jon Favreau confirmed a few months ago that they're planning a Blu-Ray release down the line. I mean, obviously they would. They know how much Star Wars fans are obsessed with collecting things. All of their other shows get physical releases, so why would this be any different?

I reckon Disney would be arrogant enough to think it can break the collecting obsession for film/TV if it meant keeping people hooked on its more restricted mediums.

On 10/21/2019 at 8:37 AM, Gruesome Son of a Bitch said:

Disney Plus doesn't even have the Ewok movies.

As Amazon Prime has 'em.

At least here in the UK it does.

Yep. That one's not actually that bad in my opinion. It has some darker moments, while the first film was clearly aimed entirely at small children. Fun fact: the director/writer pair for Battle of Endor is Jim and Ken Wheat, creators of the Chronicles of Riddick franchise.

I recently rewatched The Ewok Adventure with my family, including my 6-year-old son (his first time). We were all laughing our heads off the entire time. Great fun! He liked it better than The Wizard of Oz and is constantly asking to see it again. The score is nice, too.

We watched Ewoks: The Battle for Endor another night after the kids had gone to bed, and, we found it a bummer, and a snooze. The score is forgettable. It’s funny, before I had kids I definitely would have said it was the better one. Because it’s darker and edgier, as they say.

But hey, the numbers don’t lie

somethings rotten.png

Everyone sells out to Disney and Star Wars eventually - even Bill Burr who has said he dislikes Star Wars in the past.

2 hours ago, Jay said:

Everything here is good except the music 

I preferred this trailer music to TRoS's, this one has a little bit more nuance to it.

24 minutes ago, Modest Expectations said:

Is shooting blasters without looking supposed to be badass? Disney has a weird fetish about it (TFA, RO, deleted scene in TLJ)

Don't forget when Hawkeye took down the Geonosian aircraft in New York:

5903385-ezgif.com-video-to-gif_(1).gif

I hadn't realized how many Avengers/New Avengers don't have powers in the MCU

Avengers with actual super powers - Thor, Hulk, Captain America, Captain Marvel, Spider-man, Doctor Strange, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Black Panther, Winter Soldier, Groot, Rocket

Avengers without any actual super powers - Iron Man, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Ant-Man, The Wasp, War Machine, The Falcon, Nick Fury, Maria Hill, Star-Lord, Drax, Gamora

Evenly split!

I guess Ant-Man and The Wasp belongs on the "super power" list. He can grow and shrink, she can shrink and both can control insects... Sure, their powers come from science experiments, but so does Spider-Man's, Winter Soldier's and Captain America's. 

Black Panther is also missing from the super power list - his power comes from the heart shaped herb he consumes.

16 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

I guess Ant-Man and The Wasp belongs on the "super power" list. He can grow and shrink, she can shrink and both can control insects... Sure, their powers come from science experiments, but so does Spider-Man's, Winter Soldier's and Captain America's. 

Ant-Man and the Wasp both wear suits, just like Iron Man and War Machine and Falcon.  Literally no difference between them all.  They don't have any powers.

1 hour ago, Ii2 said:

Time.

I dunno, Disney can still put out very successful “princess” cartoons which tonally deviate very little from Snow White (1937). I don’t know why star wars have to be perpetually populated with such miserable basket cases now, especially considering the good guys won.