The Mandalorian SHOW discussion - Spoilers Allowed for all aired episodes

Faleel

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.slashfilm.com/disney-gallery-the-mandalorian-episode-details/

We were already talking about this on the Discord, but just a heads up to any other fans of the show that on May 4th an eight episode behind-the-scenes series ("gallery") of the show will be available on Disney+. Not sure if it'll be weekly releases like the show or dropped all at once. I'll definetly be checking this out as I'm very keen on the production, and I'm willing to bet we might hear from Goransson briefly (fingers crossed). 

I haven't been keeping up with Clone Wars like I like to (only seen the first arc) - I'll intend to check this out, but it might be one of those things that falls by the wayside.  I wonder how long the episodes will be.

8 hours ago, Laserschwert said:

Wow! Disney must really trust in the series then.

Or maybe... they can't do production on Season 2 right now, so people are killing time by inventing a hypothetical season 3 ahead of time.

Either way, I hope I'll get to see it! First season was certainly worthwhile.

Trailer for the 8 episode behind-the-scenes series for The Mandalorian, available May 4th on Disney+. Excited for additional insight from the directors and hopefully a few extra nuggets about Goransson's score. 

Yeah, the round table format works great. All you need is the key crew sitting around a table discussing the show, then throw in some B-Roll to fill in the blanks. How I wish Williams would do something like this with JJ, Steven or Rian.

The first episode of The Mandalorian Gallery was released today on Disney+. It was mostly the directors gushing over the opportunity to work on a Star Wars production, which is certainly to be expected but not the kind of behind-the-scenes content one really takes interest in. A few minor comments, but I'm hopeful we'll get some more intriguing tidbits in the future.

A fortunate sign is that this episode was titled Directing, which may indicate we'll eventually work our way to Composing.

Fingers crossed.

The original press release mentions the score, so I'm hopeful.

https://deadline.com/2020/04/the-mandalorian-docuseries-premiere-disney-plus-star-war-the-clone-wars-may-4-1202908880/

Topics this season include the filmmaking process, the legacy of George Lucas’ Star Wars, how the cast brought the characters to life, the series’ groundbreaking technology, the artistry behind the show’s practical models, effects, and creatures, plus the creative influences, the iconic score, and connections to Star Wars characters and props from across the galaxy.

About how long did the episode run?

2 hours ago, The Illustrious Jerry said:

The first episode of The Mandalorian Gallery was released today on Disney+. It was mostly the directors gushing over the opportunity to work on a Star Wars production, which is certainly to be expected but not the kind of behind-the-scenes content one really takes interest in. A few minor comments, but I'm hopeful we'll get some more intriguing tidbits in the future.

Yeah it didn't really dig into the process much at all.  But still, there was some cool behind-the-scenes footage.

The second episode of The Mandalorian Gallery, entitled "Legacy", was released today on Disney+. I was surprised that they spent most of the time discussing Lucas' creative abilities and innovation for the OT, and there was even an interesting interpretation of the TPM lightsaber battle from Filoni, but little actual Mando content here. Fortunately, Chow did go a bit more in-depth about IG's training montage in Ch. 7 and, once again, we saw some more cool behind-the-scenes footage. 

Also just realized that you can see Goransson with Favreau and Bryce Dallas Howard on the set of Ch. 4 in the trailer for the gallery at the five second mark. Really looking forward to the almost certainly forthcoming score and/or post-production episode. 

• 2 months later...

I don't remember what is revealed in what episodes, but Lil' Mando was orphaned and almost killed, so it's not a stretch that grown up Mando felt empathy and compassion for as far as he knows an orphaned kid who seems headed toward death.

• 1 month later...

Nobody reputable is reporting that.  Best I can find is a website called cosmicbook dot news, which cites its source as a YouTuber named Grace Randolph.

If you're hearing his voice, he's done voiceover after production.  They wouldn't be able to effectively mic the dang helmet.  That said, if you've seen the making of stuff, theoretically, they could do everything but face scenes (and looping) without Pascal - and pretty much do.

20 minutes ago, mstrox said:

U don't need to click cosmicbook dot news, folks!  The click is what they want!

Thanks for the warning!

19 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Oh well if a Youtuber said it

I'm still waiting on the Lucas cut of Rise of Skywalker, the erasure of the sequel trilogy from canon, and Kennedy's removal from Lucasfilm! 

It's clearly bullshit. Pedro did not leave during Season 2, and will be back for the inevitable future seasons.

FYI, Grace Randolph is just the female Mike Zeroh. They both create bullshit rumors and spread them around in order to make a quick buck. They're well-known con-artists, and bad ones at that.