THE LAST JEDI - Complete Isolated Score stream available via Movies Anywhere and 2020 Blu Ray edition

DigitalfreakNYC

BTW the clips on Youtube I'm pretty sure were from a rear channel Blu-Ray rip.  Especially with the scene with Rey's saber training reported as having sfx.  This isolated score has ZERO sfx what so ever.

5 minutes ago, Taikomochi said:

Now I have no fucking clue if the audio is actually in good quality or not after reading the last few posts

The people here don't seem to know what they're talking about. 

It's definitely in much higher quality than they claim

I listened a bit on the website (I bought a copy) and honestly it's not awful but it's not good either. I've no idea if it's in 96 kbps or something like that but with a good headset and it's average. 

And the picture quality is in SD (in case some of you are acually interested by watching the movie this way, I know I am !) which is a HUGE let down

1 minute ago, Taikomochi said:

So, it's definitely much better sounding than 96 kbps?

Yes. But apparently 96 kbps MP3 does not sound the same as 96 kbps AAC. 

Just now, Drew said:

Yes. But apparently 96 kbps MP3 does not sound the same as 96 kbps AAC. 

Omg. STOP with the 96 AAC!!! It's Dolby Digital plus 5.1 on a Roku or Apple TV. Stop listening on a computer.

1 minute ago, DigitalfreakNYC said:

Omg. STOP with the 96 AAC!!! It's Dolby Digital plus 5.1 on a Roku or Apple TV. Stop listening on a computer.

Would you say it sounds good in 5.1?  I don't know much about different audio formats

I compared it on my computer versus on an Amazon Fire Stick. The video quality was surprisingly awful on the TV. I couldn't tell if the audio was better on the TV because I didn't run the audio output through Audacity (the TV headphone jack sounds unlistenable).

What difference would 5.1 make? If the native bitrate is bad, it won't really make anything better.

9 minutes ago, DigitalfreakNYC said:

I'm not the one who said it was 96 kbps or AAC.

33 minutes ago, Taikomochi said:

Now I have no fucking clue if the audio is actually in good quality or not after reading the last few posts

I guess it varies from ultra crappy to amazing depending on the method you rip it/record it

10 minutes ago, Drew said:

I'm not the one who said it was 96 kbps or AAC.

it was the initial assessment from the low quality version available on PC

2 hours ago, DigitalfreakNYC said:

It's 5.1 if you play it back on a device. 

BB27D5E9-F38B-4018-BADF-8677CC7345CA.jpeg

Looks like you have a Denon AVR like I do but, mine reported PCM 2.0 stereo.  What device are you using?

Here is what my Apple TV 4K, using the MA app, reported when I turned the dev mode HUD on (third line form the bottom audio: 97.48kbps):

gvFttcDl.jpg

30 minutes ago, rolltide1017 said:

Looks like you have a Denon AVR like I do but, mine reported PCM 2.0 stereo.  What device are you using?

Here is what my Apple TV 4K, using the MA app, reported when I turned the dev mode HUD on (third line form the bottom audio: 97.48kbps):

gvFttcDl.jpg

Roku is what was used. They might have a different encode.

36 minutes ago, NL197 said:

That site people get rare music from has the full file supposedly in 5.1. 

I'll pass the information onto who I know here and...yeah. 

You're not talking about the "shrine" right? Because I'm the only one who's uploaded it there so far, and it's not in 5.1 surround sound, just stereo.

Just now, Manakin Skywalker said:

You're not talking about the "shrine" right? Because I'm the only one who's uploaded it there so far, and it's not in 5.1 surround sound, just stereo.

And really bad sounding stereo at that.  It sounds pretty much the same as those youtube videos

3 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

Yeah, but unfortunately that's all there is at the moment. 

8 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

Then why'd you think it said that it's in 5.1?

I haven't finished grabbing the file, I was just going by what others elsewhere were saying about what it could be, hence 'supposedly'. 

It's confirmed to be stereo but the source and its bitrate are unknown. 

2 minutes ago, NL197 said:

I haven't finished grabbing the file, I was just going by what others elsewhere were saying about what it could be, hence 'supposedly'. 

It's confirmed to be stereo but the source and its bitrate are unknown. 

I just told you that I'm the one that uploaded it! I've been passing it around all day.

4 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

I just told you that I'm the one that uploaded it! I've been passing it around all day.

Sorry if I came off as dismissive.  We appreciate your efforts!

2 minutes ago, Taikomochi said:

Sorry if I came off as dismissive.  We appreciate your efforts!

No problemo. Thanks!

Still hoping it ends up on the Blu-Ray release for better quality... although I'm sure my hopes are futile. :(

34 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

Because I misread what you originally said. My apologies. 

Not that it's an excuse but it all boils down to one thing: 

Reading a message board while dealing with a 23 month old doesn't work. 

Yes, it sounds like 192k mp3. Better than 128 but not as good as 320. Those waiting for it to show up on the Blu-ray are going to be waiting a long time in a faraway galaxy. 

4 hours ago, Nick1066 said:

It's not actually ON the Blu-Ray itself.  Of this much I'm certain.

You'll just get a digital download code, like you do for all BD's, and in this case it will included the isolated score.  Hence "you'll have access" to a music only version.

...if you live in the US and have some dedicated hardware to play it (in decent quality), if I've understood everything correctly.

10 minutes ago, Jay said:

It's not going to be on the physical Blu Ray disc. We've already known that for weeks, but RJ's tweets again today reconfirm it.

He just announced the isolated score yesterday. How is that "weeks"? Unless there's something I'm missing.

2 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

He just announced the isolated score yesterday. How is that "weeks"? Unless there's something I'm missing.

Johnson said he wanted to have an isolated score a while ago. He didn't confirm its existence until yesterday.

3 minutes ago, Drew said:

Johnson said he wanted to have an isolated score a while ago. He didn't confirm its existence until yesterday.

But he didn't say anything specifically about the Blu-Ray until today.

9 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

The specs of the blu ray have been known, and no isolated score feature was mentioned on the specs. That's what I meant.