THE LAST JEDI - Complete Isolated Score stream available via Movies Anywhere and 2020 Blu Ray edition

DigitalfreakNYC

This blooming exclusive to digital nonsense has got me looking into buying an Apple TV, just for the TLJ iso score. And I'm by no means an iFan, I hate the idea of being locked into their ecosystem.

Oh, and it requires me to upgrade my PC as well, to something that has at least Windows 7.

Question for those in the know, if I use a friend's Windows 7 laptop to purchase TLJ (obviously signing into iTunes with my own account), will I be able to view my purchase at home from the cloud via Apple TV, or will it still need to be on my own device?

More generally, what I'm asking is this: when purchasing a film on iTunes, is one purchasing the actual digital file, or merely the licence keys to access it from the cloud? Forgive my iGnorance.

So long as the iTunes accounts are the same, yes, that should work. 

And I believe you're purchasing the keys. Sure, you can download it and sync it to iDevices to your heart's content, but you can't copy it to disc or anything (And these days, at least on macs, I'm fairly sure you can't take screenshots of it, either.)

Hope this helps!

3 hours ago, JTWfan77 said:

This blooming exclusive to digital nonsense has got me looking into buying an Apple TV, just for the TLJ iso score. And I'm by no means an iFan, I hate the idea of being locked into their ecosystem.

Oh, and it requires me to upgrade my PC as well, to something that has at least Windows 7.

I hate all this blooming digital nonsense so much I'm considering buying into it by purchasing products from the very companies who are pushing something on me I hate, which will help ensure they continue to do so!  And I have to buy a new PC just for the priveledge!

It's like, just when I think I'm set on Star Wars scores, they go and release a set with a new collectible poster!  Can't resist. Grrrrrrrr.

59 minutes ago, hornist said:

I love John Williams. More than my wife or my  children. But will never buy any product of apple. iFuck apple.

I rent the movie in iTunes on my PC and was unable to watch it on my iPad (well that's not MY iPad, that's the old iPad of my husband).

iFuck, yes!

I don't understand anything of their "world".

Seriously, I really don't know how "these" people think... but it's not like me! :huh:

On ‎2018‎-‎03‎-‎27 at 5:40 PM, Brian99_1 said:

No we don’t, it’s actually an option right in the movie menu in iTunes.

we can’t sign up for movies anywhere up here if we wanted to. At least not without some IP address trickery and an American credit card. 

I wish I'd waited, then! I was able to have a friend who lives in the US make me a MA account, then I bought the movie on Google and was able to sync that with MA no problem.

Does anyone know if you play the isolated score version of Last Jedi through Movies Anywhere on a regular Windows 10 computer if you get the score in 5.1?  or is it just a stereo mix. I only seem to be getting stereo but i may not have everything configured correctly.

19 hours ago, Nick1066 said:

I hate all this blooming digital nonsense so much I'm considering buying into it by purchasing products from the very companies who are pushing something on me I hate, which will help ensure they continue to do so!  And I have to buy a new PC just for the priveledge!

It's like, just when I think I'm set on Star Wars scores, they go and release a set with a new collectible poster!  Can't resist. Grrrrrrrr.

You read my mind!

And, on top of it, I have to spend hours creating my own custom artwork for this iso score, so that it can look pretty next to the CD and the Blu-ray cases on my shelf.

;)

7 hours ago, jrauman said:

Does anyone know if you play the isolated score version of Last Jedi through Movies Anywhere on a regular Windows 10 computer if you get the score in 5.1?  or is it just a stereo mix. I only seem to be getting stereo but i may not have everything configured correctly.

Stereo only, as was already discussed earlier in the thread.

I would imagine you can get a 5.1 stream through a WIndows 10 computer that is fully HDCP compliant.

The reason for trying to get the 5.1 mix is that I have a nice DVD-Audio system in my car and love the sound of 5.1 mixes.  So i'd like to take a crack at getting a copy of that mix for listening pleasure. I bought the CD soundtrack and the 4K Blu-Ray set, so I own everything.  Just need a way to a) play the isolated score back in 5.1 AND b) save it to a multi-channel WAV/FLAC file somehow.  Any ideas?  It seems half the problem is the browser itself.  But I do see on Dolby's website some 5.1 content that plays in the browser and you do hear all the channels (and I can see them when I record those content files with Audacity).  But when I play the SW:TLJ isolated score, I only get L&R channels. Nothing else.  

If anyone has any ideas where I can get some assistance with this effort, i'd appreciate it greatly and would be happy to share my findings.

One sure-fire way to record the 5.1 version is to play it through an HDCP compliant home theater setup such as a Roku hooked up via HDMI to a 5.1 AV receiver, and then use a computer to record all six pre-Out RCA outputs from the back of the receiver as it plays.

As far as I've seen, no one's figured out how to actually rip the bitstream coming from the Movies Anywhere server directly, only various ways to record it as it plays live.

Thanks Jay! I am actually researching with Movies Anywhere device is the cheapest just so i can have a 5.1 mix of this score.  Does this level of obsession get me my JWFAN membership card?

I'm not sure if the Roku sticks support 5.1 though.  That seems to be the catch with all these Movies Anywhere devices.  It should be renamed "Stereo Anywhere".  I "think" the only surround-sound equipped devices are Apple-devices and Google-play-devices.  At least that is what i have learned so far.   But i only just signed up for Movies Anywhere on my PC last weekend so i'm still digging.

I know for a fact it is included in the iTunes extras in Canada when you purchase the movie. Not sure about anywhere else and no it is not listed on the iTunes sales page.

20 minutes ago, Brian99_1 said:

I know for a fact it is included in the iTunes extras in Canada when you purchase the movie. Not sure about anywhere else and no it is not listed on the iTunes sales page.

I'm in the US and bought it through iTunes so I could stream the score only through Movies Anywhere, however, it recently updated to include the Score Only version directly in the iTunes Extras. 

So, hypothetically, yes, if you Buy it on iTunes in full HD then the extras should include the Isolated Score.

Well, the first thing that set me off is Rian J. speaking............ I won't ever in my life buy anything from TLJ except by Williams' music. Movie is like a crap of the century--->> And the previous  centuries.  

13 hours ago, Bryant Burnette said:

But no though.

Allow me to translate: "I didn't like the movie, and am so incapable of dealing with the loss of the entitlement I feel that I compensate for it by saying ridiculous, hyperbolic things about it.  See, it's not enough for me to simply say that I didn't like it, and then explain why; THAT might accidentally create a dialogue about it, which is the last thing I want.  I'd rather just say that the movie raped my grandmother and decapitated my grandfather, because THAT'S HOW YOU WILL KNOW I MEAN IT."

That is how you summed up fanboys who were butt hurt by this movie and think it's the worst movie ever (especially for Star Wars).

16 hours ago, Trent B said:

fanboys who were butt hurt by this movie and think it's the worst movie ever (especially for Star Wars).

The most succint phrasing of this issue I've heard was: "no one hates Star Wars more than Star Wars fans."

7 hours ago, jrauman said:

Still trying to figure out if i can listen to a 5.1 mix of this score (And whether or not that would be of any value, or if the mix was ever intended to be 5.1)?

You can buy you need the right equipment.

So is this version now available for those who have the whatever-needed to see it?

Let's hope it gets torrented.

12 hours ago, jrauman said:

Still trying to figure out if i can listen to a 5.1 mix of this score (And whether or not that would be of any value, or if the mix was ever intended to be 5.1)?

I'm not sure how you can still be trying to figure out, since it's been covered many times over in this thread how to do it now.  You need an HDCP compliant setup and a device that can receive it, such as a Roku Stick or Apple TV and a HDCP-compliant 5.1 AV receiver.

4 hours ago, Miz said:

So is this version now available for those who have the whatever-needed to see it?

Let's hope it gets torrented.

I am not really sure what you were trying to accomplish in this post here.

If you want to legally watch it, it's been available since March 12th

if you wanted to illegally download it instead, it's been available to illegaly download since March 12th too, of course.

47 minutes ago, Jay said:

I am not really sure what you were trying to accomplish in this post here.

If you want to legally watch it, it's been available since March 12th

if you wanted to illegally download it instead, it's been available to illegaly download since March 12th too, of course.

yeah I'm not really getting why some people don't have a rip of this yet and still figuring out how to do it themselves

I stopped caring if it was available in Canada on March 12

2 hours ago, King Mark said:

yeah I'm not really getting why some people don't have a rip of this yet and still figuring out how to do it themselves

Once upon a time I really knew how to rip, edit, and do all kinds of amazing stuff and shared that knowledge far and wide.  Nowadays I lack the hands-on skills and, more importantly, the time.  Can anybody here with the know how for an up-to-date Mac with iTunes give pointers to a grizzled old fan editor on how to rip the audio from the stream?  Also, is there a post in this thread or elsewhere on the forum that talks about which cues in this ISOMIX are not on the OST so I can keep the good bits from my trusty CD and fill in the gaps with the 96k stream?

No one has figured out how to rip the stream; All people have been able to do is record it live while it plays.

I haven't seen a guide yet indicating with timestamps what parts of the iso score are previously unreleased vs on the OST or FYC, but you can just download any of the umpteen fan edits available all over the internet if you don't want to figure it out yourself

15 hours ago, King Mark said:

Possibly because some people have respect for intellectual property rights?