THE LAST JEDI - Complete Isolated Score stream available via Movies Anywhere and 2020 Blu Ray edition

DigitalfreakNYC

5 minutes ago, crumbs said:

@hornist Interesting to see if the Score Only version launches in other countries. So far as we can tell, it's been removed from the AUS and US markets so far (and nobody has confirmed its status in other markets).

Oh shit, I didn't know that, then I probably wont see/hear it ever😪😪

Well the Movies Anywhere version is freely available, but the brief chance I got with the Disney+ version on my PS4 sounded glorious (sounded like a HD master audio stream to me, far better than the existing iso copy I had).

17 hours ago, Smeltington said:

Check the Star Wars Custom Covers thread on this forum, my dude, you'll find some good stuff.

I've been digging through that thread for a while and I can see a bunch of versions, but didn't see anything for the Isolated Score (or Score-Only Version, if you prefer the released term).

Please feel free to prove me wrong!

5 minutes ago, millhouse said:

I've been digging through that thread for a while and I can see a bunch of versions, but didn't see anything for the Isolated Score (or Score-Only Version, if you prefer the released term).

Please feel free to prove me wrong!

Can't you just use a cover that says 'expanded soundtrack' or something?

20 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Can't you just use a cover that says 'expanded soundtrack' or something?

It wasn't really what I was after.

I just thought, looking at the great artwork I'd seen on the forum, that someone as OCD as me had put the isolated score release into iTunes and knocked up some cover art.

All good if there isn't one. I'll kick something (poorly) together.

On 1/21/2020 at 5:23 PM, crumbs said:

So on a scale of 1 to 100,000 how likely is it that the isolated score was taken down due to imminent soundtrack expansions, and Disney not wanting to cannibalise their profits?

I'm gonna say... –99,999

it's probably fees they don't want to pay

59 minutes ago, King Mark said:

it's probably fees they don't want to pay

They don't need to pay fees for isolated scores. Only albums. Also obviously the isolated score is still up on MoviesAnywhere and iTunes so that wouldn't be the case anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, wowbobwow said:

I own a MoviesAnywhere copy of the movie but don't have the means to rip the score myself.  Does anyone have a rip they wouldn't mind sharing?  Thank you.

Just FYI requesting music is against the forum rules, as Jay pointed out. Might want to edit that comment so you don't get banned.

19 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

Just FYI requesting music is against the forum rules, as Jay pointed out. Might want to edit that comment so you don't get banned.

Thanks for the heads up.  Done.

• 2 weeks later...

I see Filmtracks got around to reviewing the soundtrack. Only 2 months late this time. Progress of a kind. 

To call RoS "among Williams' finest works" is a gross exaggeration btw. 

7 hours ago, Alan said:

The Digital Bits are reporting that the isolated score will be included on the upcoming 4K Blu-ray reissue!

Link: https://thedigitalbits.com/columns/my-two-cents/021820-1330

So only one film out of nine gets an iso score? That is very disappointing. As are the expected other bonus features - no deleted scenes? Perhaps the feature list from the leak is incomplete.

Also, they went for the expected fugly cover art:

swlastjedieubrd.jpg

Shit, now I have to buy another copy of TLJ...

6 hours ago, crumbs said:

Could explain why it's vanished from the streaming services. Just imagine if it's in 7.1 DTS Master Audio! 

It didn't vanish. One person said they couldn't find it on iTunes, but that's it.

3 hours ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

It didn't vanish. One person said they couldn't find it on iTunes, but that's it.

Fake news. It's been removed from Disney Plus after being available at launch (exact markets unclear, but Australia minimum). 

6 hours ago, crumbs said:

Fake news. It's been removed from Disney Plus after being available at launch (exact markets unclear, but Australia minimum). 

It's still on Movies Anywhere in the US.

10 hours ago, crumbs said:

I forgot about Disney Plus. For the record, it never showed up for me on there anyway. Maybe it was added by accident, and swiftly removed. Either way, it's still on Movies Anywhere and iTunes.

3 hours ago, hornist said:

TLJ isolated score will be also on blu-ray? 

I dont need to upgrade to 4K to see this? I definitely will, if so. The most powerful SW score, I just love it. 

The 4K set. It's not clear yet which disc it will be available on... my guess is the 4K disc.

Very annoying that only TLJ gets this. Why couldn't they follow suit for TFA and TROS?

Guess we have Rian Johnson to thank. Bad form JJ. You work Williams to the bone and couldn't even lobby for iso scores? ;)

Just because the back of the box says something doesn't mean it'll be there. They could pull it at the last minute but it would be nice if it's there. Although I wonder if it will be lossless...

• 1 month later...

Just noticed Disney have finally added all the deleted scenes to Disney+ without commentary, also the TLJ making-of documentary (The Director and the Jedi). Good to see they're adding further content for existing films.

Annoyingly they still haven't brought back the isolated score option though! :angryfire:

Wait the iso score will be on TLJ bluray disk itself? Doesn't that mean we can rip a better quality version than the streaming one?

There's no guarantee that the bitrate will be any different than what streamed, but it will be possible to make a direct rip, yes.