THE LAST JEDI - Complete Isolated Score stream available via Movies Anywhere and 2020 Blu Ray edition

DigitalfreakNYC

well,  why did they pull it from the streaming version if they just slap it on the blu ray with no afterthoughts?

It means they don't give a shit and we shouldn't see  it as a sign c.d.'s are in the work.

The only hope for TROS is a sessions leak  now

Disney Studios' home media arm would have no clue if Disney Records is working on new soundtrack albums or not and even if they knew it would have no impact on porting existing digital bonus features to their new physical release.

Even if there were isos for the other two films, it wouldn't satisfy those making long-term expanded sets due to microedits and mixing issues.

An isolated score for a newer film I actually had interest in would be rather nice though.

16 hours ago, Jay said:

There's no guarantee that the bitrate will be any different than what streamed, but it will be possible to make a direct rip, yes.  

Well, just looking at the spectral wave of Rey Trains, the version ripped from the Blu Ray is better than the one that was taken from the online release

Oh... that's really weird. 0:00 - 0:08 is the end of the Rey Training cue. Can you hear the end of Kylo Ren's theme at the very beginning? it's like they shaved off the end of the cue and put it at the very beginning of that menu music, but it's still missing a few seconds in between

• 1 month later...

I bought this new 4K UH blu-ray 3-disc edition in hope there would be this score-only version. Necative. 

I think I will never be able to see this version. Sad. 

It is a wonderful score. 

11 hours ago, moi said:

I bought this new 4K UH blu-ray 3-disc edition in hope there would be this score-only version. Necative. 

It is a wonderful score. 

As far as I'm aware, it has only been released in the The Skywalker Saga Box Set from Best Buy.  I haven't heard of it being released separately thus far.

13 hours ago, moi said:

It is a wonderful score. 

1 hour ago, Turbo said:

As far as I'm aware, it has only been released in the The Skywalker Saga Box Set from Best Buy.  I haven't heard of it being released separately thus far.

It is indeed in the standalone 4K set. It is NOT on the 4K disc however, it is only on the standard Blu-Ray disc that comes with it.

Yeah, it is the standard Blu-ray disc only on the new Skywalker Saga box release. I don't think Disney ever put any extras on their 4K discs.

There is no special features tab on the disc menu, however. As soon as you play the film, it will ask you whether you want to play it as is, or with the commentary track on, or the isolated score.

Scratch that! Why don't I just show it to you:

IMG_20200510_104818.jpg

The old disc menu is bit different. It had commentary track option in the main menu and no score-only option (obviously):

IMG_20200510_105310.jpg

As for the disc's availability I'm bit confused. Indeed, this bonus feature appears on The Skywalker Box set (exclusive to Best Buy in the US and Amazon UK in the UK). But I was looking at this release but it doesn't seem to be available anywhere to actually buy. The whole release situation with these films around the world is really mind-boggling. We don't have the separate 4K releases announced at all over here in the UK so there's no Rogue One here at all. 

Karol

I bought that standalone 4K set but it is not there in the Blu-ray. The menu is almost same than in Karol's pic just without score-only option. So, I should buy some box to have this? No thanks. It is the most important SW score for me! 😭😭😭😭

34 minutes ago, fommes said:

So is this nowhere available separately from the Skywalker box set then?

17 minutes ago, moi said:

I bought that standalone 4K set but it is not there in the Blu-ray. The menu is almost same than in Karol's pic just without score-only option. So, I should buy some box to have this? No thanks. It is the most important SW score for me! 😭😭😭😭

My understanding is these discs will be released separately at some point (later this year?). I bet they just want to shift as many units of the (overpriced) Skywalker box set first. It's supposed to be "limited" so fingers crossed it sells quick. The reason I was being so confused is because there are already reviews of the new TLJ release. Maybe they were delayed because of the pandemic? In any case, there's no way you won't get a chance to buy those on their own. It's Disney we're talking about here! :lol:

Karol

2 hours ago, moi said:

Are you talking about the *new* 4K release, and not the 2018 4K set? It should be on the new 4K set.

1 hour ago, crocodile said:

My understanding is these discs will be released separately at some point (later this year?). I bet they just want to shift as many units of the (overpriced) Skywalker box set first. It's supposed to be "limited" so fingers crossed it sells quick. The reason I was being so confused is because there are already reviews of the new TLJ release. Maybe they were delayed because of the pandemic? In any case, there's no way you won't get a chance to buy those on their own. It's Disney we're talking about here! :lol:

Karol

The standalone sets released on the exact same day as the boxset. I already have most of them.

EDIT: Scratch that if you're only referring to a UK release; I was specifically talking about the US releases.

6 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

The standalone sets released on the exact same day as the boxset. I already have most of them.

Why can't I see any of them in any of the online stores then? I can see only the 2018 ones... Where did you buy it from? Do you have a link?

(Not that I care myself. I've got the box set already)

Karol

7 minutes ago, crocodile said:

Why can't I see any of them in any of the online stores then? I can see only the 2018 ones... Where did you buy it from? Do you have a link?

(Not that I care myself. I've got the box set already)

Karol

Seriously? They're right on the front pages of any site I go to, and every store I go to. I got most of them at my local Walmart, and some of them at my local Best Buy. They were actually announced a few months prior to the big boxset.

Here are the Amazon listings: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=star+wars+4k&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

9 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

Seriously? They're right on the front pages of any site I go to, and every store I go to. I got most of them at my local Walmart, and some of them at my local Best Buy.

Just look it up on Amazon.com or Best Buy websites. Only the 2018 set is listed. I'm talking about The Last Jedi specifically. I can see all the other movies on UHD but not this one.

Or am I going crazy?

Which, I admit, is possible.

9 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

Can't see that new release of The Last Jedi.

Karol

8 minutes ago, crocodile said:

Just look it up on Amazon.com or Best Buy websites. Only the 2018 set is listed. I'm talking about The Last Jedi specifically. I can see all the other movies on UHD but not this one.

Or am I going crazy?

Which, I admit, is possible.

Karol

Ah okay I see. TLJ does indeed have a new release, and I almost got it last week but decided to get ANH instead...

It appears there is some sort of conspiracy going on now that I look at the Blu-Ray forums... apparently people are having a harder time finding it all of a sudden; apparently some people are selling it on eBay for crazy high prices. Also a few people said they ordered the set from Target only to find that they had replaced the discs with the 2018 versions and put the new slipcase over it. Some people seem to think that Disney recalled them because the standalone sets weren't supposed to have the new bonus features (such as the isolated score) but they were accidentally included.

I really hope that's not true...

In any case I should probably check my local Walmart to see if they still have it, so I can scoop it up before it disappears.

EDIT: I just remembered that I think the reason I didn't get it last week was because it was suddenly missing from my Walmart. Ah shit...

EDIT2: I just checked and noticed the release date has been removed from Blu-Ray.com, despite it already being released. Now it just says "no release date announced". Maybe they accidentally released it too early?

Or maybe that isolated score track was supposed to be a digital-only feature after all...

Well, you're only option right now is The Skywalker Box then. Maybe this is the only way they were allowed to release it?

So strange.

Karol

3 minutes ago, crocodile said:

Or maybe that isolated score track was supposed to be a digital-only feature after all...

Well, you're only option right now is The Skywalker Box then. Maybe this is the only way they were allowed to release it? 

So strange.

Karol

My guess is that they will release it later on... Hopefully anyway.

I won't be getting the boxset though unfortunately. Aside from being way too pricey, I've already gotten most of the standalone sets, so getting them twice would be redundant. I already have a rip of the Blu-Ray isolated score thankfully... It just would have been nice to have my own physical copy.

1 minute ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

My guess is that they will release it later on... Hopefully anyway.

I won't be getting the boxset though unfortunately. Aside from being way too pricey, I've already gotten most of the standalone sets, so getting them twice would be redundant. I already have a rip of the Blu-Ray isolated score thankfully... It just would have been nice to have my own physical copy.

I thought of one other possibility... Maybe it cannot be released in the US because it's already a digital exclusive? It never appeared in Europe in any form so there is no problem.

But, as you say, hopefully it is just a momentary glitch.

Karol

Just now, crocodile said:

I thought of one other possibility... Maybe it cannot be released in the US because it's already a digital exclusive? It never appeared in Europe in any form so there is no problem.

But, as you say, hopefully it is just a momentary glitch.

Karol

Another theory I have; I've heard some people complaining that there are issues with the HDR. I doubt that would have caused a recall though, but as to why they suddenly disappeared is anyone's guess at this point.

7 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

Another theory I have; I've heard some people complaining that there are issues with the HDR. I doubt that would have caused a recall though, but as to why they suddenly disappeared is anyone's guess at this point.

Well, it is a possibility as well. Speaking of HDR... Supposedly, the new disc has a different grading than the old one. The old disc had Dolby Vision whereas the new one is "just" HDR10. But when I first tried the new disc my player thought it was the old one because it wanted to resume watching. I cannot see any difference at all, to be honest.

Karol

2 minutes ago, crocodile said:

Well, it is a possibility as well. Speaking of HDR... Supposedly, the new disc has a different grading than the old one. The old disc had Dolby Vision whereas the new one is "just" HDR10. But when I first tried the new disc my player thought it was the old one because it wanted to resume watching. I cannot see any difference at all, to be honest.

Karol

I didn't notice until now, but Solo is also missing now suddenly. So both TLJ and Solo were recalled together. I'm not positive if Solo had any similar issues.

5 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

I didn't notice until now, but Solo is also missing now suddenly. So both TLJ and Solo were recalled together. I'm not positive if Solo had any similar issues.

Maybe it had the isolated score track too? :lol:

Karol

The isolated track has been missing from Disney+ in Australia since a few weeks after the launch. Rather perplexing, considering they've added lots of new bonus content for that film in the months since (but never added the isolated score back as an option).

They probably pressed fewer of TLJ because it had been issued in 4K before - hence, less demand and retailers probably also had old TLJ 4K in stock already.  As stock turns over and refreshes, the new 4K TLJ will be the one in print and on shelves.

On 5/10/2020 at 8:46 PM, crocodile said:

Well, the "new" sets seem to be available in Europe. Here is the German release. I bet this has the isolated score (not confirmed!).

Karol

Ok, I purchased this too. The artwork is different than in the one I bought 2 weeks ago(I think its 2018 release) 

If its not there I will kick your ass😜😜😜

26 minutes ago, moi said:

Ok, I purchased this too. The artwork is different than in the one I bought 2 weeks ago(I think its 2018 release) 

If its not there I will kick your ass😜😜😜

Well if it isn't you can just return it, can't you? :)

Karol

Probably because this already existed as an extra for the past 2 years. They're just being bit lazy, that's all.

With all the tracking (from the score and several others) as well as all the editorial butchering The Rise of Skywalker would have been more upsetting than enjoyable. :lol: I would like to have The Force Awakens though.

Kaorl

1 hour ago, crocodile said:

With all the tracking (from the score and several others) as well as all the editorial butchering The Rise of Skywalker would have been more upsetting than enjoyable.

The edits, loops, stretching, pitch-alterations and tracking from other scores is distracting enough when drowned in the mix, let alone isolated!

48 minutes ago, King Mark said:

The iso score itself doesn't matter

It's the material available for fan edits that matters

Ehh. Hopefully within a few years MM will be able to fix all that for us, and it'll be that much more glorious hearing it clean for the first time in complete form.

46 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Ehh. Hopefully within a few years MM will be able to fix all that for us, and it'll be that much more glorious hearing it clean for the first time in complete form.

Unless we pass first...

52 minutes ago, crumbs said:

I've given up hope for official complete Star Wars releases. Like I'm not being pessimistic.I don't think it'll happen for many many years.

Well, Mike said we had to be patient. Granted, people have waited nearly a quarter of a century since the last expansions (and 5 of the 9 have never been expanded at all) but what's a few more years when you've waited that long? :P

I'd rather they took the extra time to finally get the OT right, and create a truly definitive presentation which lays all previous releases to rest.

Besides, we only just got an entirely new SW score to savour, plus non-SW expansions are dropping every few months. Still lots to enjoy!

1 minute ago, crumbs said:

I'd rather they took the extra time to finally get the OT right, and create a truly definitive presentation which lays all the previous releases to rest.

Yes yes yes!

1 hour ago, King Mark said:

I've given up hope for official complete Star Wars releases. Like I'm not being pessimistic.I don't think it'll happen for many many years.

And Disney will probably bollocks it up anyway like they did the ST films.