THE LAST JEDI - Complete Isolated Score stream available via Movies Anywhere and 2020 Blu Ray edition

DigitalfreakNYC

He was specifically talking about the digital release when he said it in the video. So it is possible (however probably unlikely) that is might be on the physical release as well. You know, I'm so fucking excited that they're doing this; but at the same time I'll be a little bummed if it's on the digital only. I also hope that this means they might consider doing it again in the future.

EDIT: Shit... I just realized that the release is tomorrow. We're getting an isolated score in a few hours!

1 hour ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

So it is possible (however probably unlikely) that is might be on the physical release as well.

Doesn't seem so:

https://justkillingti.me/2018/02/20/star-wars-the-last-jedi-blu-ray-release-date-and-special-features/

1 hour ago, Taikomochi said:

I'll believe it when I hear it

1 hour ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

EDIT: Shit... I just realized that the release is tomorrow. We're getting an isolated score in a few hours!

we have to rip it as soon as possible in case they change their minds!

Now that the digital version is available, MoviesAnywhere updated their home page, and it says that the "score-only version" is exclusive to their site "for a limited time". Meaning that we'll probably get another physical release down the line with the isolated score.

Wow, this is unexpected. Am I correct in saying that this is Disney's first iso score release ever on any format?

Hopefully I makes it's way to a physical release at some point so that I can acquire it too.

EDIT: is MA US only?

IMG_20180313_074818.png

I'm sure a rip of the music will be easy to find very soon if it's really true (I still can't believe it)

But I bet there's going to be something wrong with it to prevent people making expanded edits (like really badly compressed sound)

Agree. Why shouldn't we outside the US be able to purchase this? They are actually encouraging piracy (not that I would go there).

Still hopeful for a physical release.

So far the unreleased music is nice but no amazing highlights. The underscore reminds me a lot of the ROTS underscore with some fairly simply orchestrated variations on themes and motifs heard elsewhere in the score. The high strings that play over the top of the quote of the Emperor's Theme is a cool addition I didn't notice in theaters. 

I hate fanedits.In a perfect world, the music would be legit, non-bootleg, non-illegal. It doesn't have to be a physical release - it can be digital - but I wish the source to this had been a proper music release and not an audio rip.

I didn't know

freaking unbelievable the did this. I'm so used to get screwed over with Williams scores that it feel like I'm in an alternate reality right now. Especially since we had no idea before last night

9 minutes ago, King Mark said:

I didn't know

freaking unbelievable the did this. I'm so used to get screwed over with Williams scores that it feel like I'm in an alternate reality right now. Especially since we had no idea before last night

Spoiler alert: this is just a dream ;)

Karol

35 minutes ago, King Mark said:

We ll i'm freaking out right now because I can't buy it and until I can get a hold of a copy I won't be able to sleep

It's weird to see that people are so much enthusiastic about such minor things in life.

Not that I'm saying it's a negative thing; good for you!

Would good sales and very positive reactions to this isolated score change Disney's willingness for proper complete and remastered score releases at least a little bit?

Wow! So not only do we have the original cue titles but now also the means of hearing them all clean!? (Obviously except deleted scenes with original score, unfortunately) I cannot wait for the fan edits to use these and have the cues presented properly. I don't think I've ever been so excited about a Star Wars film score!

Damn it, why does this have to be locked to America only...

Out of curiosity... I only know one isolated score, Sense and Sensibility, and that's full of totally abnormal volume fluctuations as they appear in the dialogue-version of the film, and they make for bad listening. Is that normal for isolated scores? Or do we also have tracks that sound okay?

3 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

Out of curiosity... I only know one isolated score, Sense and Sensibility, and that's full of totally abnormal volume fluctuations as they appear in the dialogue-version of the film, and they make for bad listening. Is that normal for isolated scores? Or do we also have tracks that sound okay?

Judging from what we've heard thus far, it's relatively free of volume shifts but retains any edits/loops. Presumably they've released the score track before volume adjusted in the final sound mix.

Raises the question -- what about scenes where the music was dialled out? Like, seemingly, part of Finn/Rose's crash landing on Crait (where about 20 seconds of music has been dialled out as Leia stares out the blast doors).

Also, on an unrelated note, now that JJ's seen what Rian did, he will TOTALLY be pushing to have the same thing on IX. :D

10 minutes ago, crumbs said:

now that JJ's seen what Rian did, he will TOTALLY be pushing to have the same thing on IX. :D

Here's for hoping!