THE LAST JEDI - Complete Isolated Score stream available via Movies Anywhere and 2020 Blu Ray edition

DigitalfreakNYC

26 minutes ago, The Illustrious Jerry said:

Let me get this straight. You can legally buy the complete score for TLJ some place?:lsabre:

Not a proper complete score that takes everything Williams recorded and makes a listenable album out of it, its just the exact final edited music as it appears in the final theatrical cut of the film, complete with any edits, loops, stretching, dialing out, or tracking used there.

What more could you want that isn't already released?

Are you joking?  There's tons of great music heard in the film that didn't make its way to the OST album or FYC album.

So for anyone looking to buy the digital version for the isolated score... it DOES NOT MATTER where you buy it from. iTunes, Google Play, Vudu, etc. because you can only get this version of the film specifically on Movies Anywhere. For instance, if you buy the film on Vudu like I did, you cannot watch the isolated score on Vudu. You have to go to the Movies Anywhere website and watch it there.

5 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

So for anyone looking to buy the digital version for the isolated score... it DOES NOT MATTER where you buy it from. iTunes, Google Play, Vudu, etc. because you can only get this version of the film specifically on Movies Anywhere. For instance, if you buy the film on Vudu like I did, you cannot watch the isolated score on Vudu. You have to go to the Movies Anywhere website and watch it there.

Have you tested playing it on another device to see if you get better audio quality?

I heard that the isolated score will also be on Blu-Ray in two weeks. Can anyone confirm?

29 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

So, if I get it on Amazon Prime, and then watch it on my Xbox Amazon Prime app, the isolated score will not be available at all?

5 minutes ago, Drew said:

So, if I get it on Amazon Prime, and then watch it on my Xbox Amazon Prime app, the isolated score will not be available at all?

33 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

7 minutes ago, Drew said:

I heard that the isolated score will also be on Blu-Ray in two weeks. Can anyone confirm?

Where did you hear that ? 

1 minute ago, Oswin Pond said:

Where did you hear that ? 

https://nerdist.com/star-wars-the-last-jedi-music-only-cut/

"Johnson also revealed that the “music only” cut of the film will be available to anyone who buys The Last Jedi‘s digital release (which is out now) or the upcoming Blu-ray."

3 minutes ago, Nick1066 said:

Sorry, there's lots of conflicting information here and I'm trying my best to make an informed decision...

2 minutes ago, Drew said:

"Johnson also revealed that the “music only” cut of the film will be available to anyone who buys The Last Jedi‘s digital release (which is out now) or the upcoming Blu-ray."

But the next sentence says the catch is you have to sign up to MA. (not the biggest catch in the slightest, but still...)

1 minute ago, Holko said:

But the next sentence says the catch is you have to sign up to MA. (not the biggest catch in the slightest, but still...)

That's what I'm confused about. It's free to sign up at MA. But how would the Blu-Ray know if you signed up? It's possible that the Blu-Ray wouldn't actually contain the isolated score but would merely have an access code to view it on MA...

Blu-ray discs show up online every day. Just the way it is. Anyway, this film just showed up. The audio tracks listed are the same as the actual cover art for the film states.

English 7.1 DTS-HD
English 2.0 (descriptive audio)
French 5.1
Spanish 5.1
English 2.0 (Audio Commentary by Rian Johnson)

59 minutes ago, Drew said:

https://nerdist.com/star-wars-the-last-jedi-music-only-cut/

This is true because every Blu-ray comes with a digital copy code.  Disney movie codes can be redeemed directly at moviesanywhere.com or redeemdigitalmovie.com.  The redeemdigitalmovie.com site is a Disney site and gives you the choice between retailers, ie. iTunes, Vudu, Google Play or MA.  It doesn't really matter though because once all your accounts are linked to MA, TLJ will show up in all your linked accounts.  The score only feature is only accessible through the MA app or website.

2 hours ago, Drew said:

It gives five options on where to purchase it. Do you guys know if there are bitrate differences between any of these options?

From what I've read on sites like avsforum, home theater forum and blu-ray.com, the general consensuses leans towards Vudu being slightly better for most releases.  Obviously there is plenty of debate and personal preference but, Vudu has a little higher bit rate on most 1080p movies.  Now, start talking about 4K, HDR and Dolby Vision and there is no clear cut favorite IMO, although Vudu offers Dolby Atmos and iTunes does not.  I bought the 4K version from Vudu because Disney isn't selling 4K on iTunes yet but, I still get the HD iTunes version through MA.

I personally prefer iTunes because I like the Apple TV better and I like that iTunes movies have a traditional DVD style menu for the special features.

41 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

Oh fair enough, just not on the website I get them from. I mostly stopped downloading torrents.

It was a torrent site I got that audio list from. It's the full disc online, all nearly 50GB of it. 

Not the bonus though. 

2 minutes ago, crocodile said:

Yeah, the Blu-ray is going to feature the isolated track as well.

But in the responses he calls out MA again as the only "hoop" you have to get through.

So who has a HDCP device that can open Movies Anywhere? :)

2 minutes ago, Taikomochi said:

Mine didn’t format correctly, so yours stands

However, his follow pntweets specific you have to go through Movies Anywhere. Don’t think it will be on the blu ray

have asked RJ specifically about there being a separate hi-res track on the Blu...let's see if he responds

I notice that Johnson says "music only" version, he doesn't say "isolated score." For all we know that could mean the entire film set to the cool Polka sounds of the Kenosha Kickers.

I bet Johnson hasn't giggled so much since he wrote the blue milk scene. 

1 minute ago, Nick1066 said:

I notice that Johnson says "music only" version, he doesn't say "isolated score." For all we know that could mean the entire film set to the cool Polka sounds of the Kenosha Kickers.

I bet Johnson hasn't giggled so much since he wrote the blue milk scene. 

Karol

I still don't see where he explicitly states it will be ON the Bluray in listenable quality, only that you can access it if you buy it (through the digital download code, I guess).

17 hours ago, crocodile said:

Karol

Notice he doesn't say John Williams. Just "John".

17 hours ago, Holko said:

I still don't see where he explicitly states it will be ON the Bluray in listenable quality, only that you can access it if you buy it (through the digital download code, I guess).

It's not actually ON the Blu-Ray itself.  Of this much I'm certain.

You'll just get a digital download code, like you do for all BD's, and in this case it will include the isolated score.  Hence "you'll have access" to a music only version.

Just now, Nick1066 said:

Notice he doesn't say John Williams. Just "John".

He brought Barry back from the dead just to do a Disney film?

Karol

3 hours ago, Chewy said:

Have you tested playing it on another device to see if you get better audio quality?

Nope, but the quality on my computer is just fine. Not sure of the exact specifications, but it sounds about like the FYC MP3 version.