Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ckappes

Original 3 Star Wars OST Albums Coming to CD November 10 from Disney Records

Recommended Posts

Maybe the Sony 2CD program sets will be issued on Vinyl this time instead on Disney. Sort of an opposite to what happened last time? 

 

I believe Matessino is involved in the liner notes for Disney Lp set [ An essay of some sort]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard they'll be re-releasing the 2CD program on cassette.

 

And I can see the linear notes with a brief intro by MM: "I finally came full circle regarding Star Wars. It was a pleasure working on it back in '97 as it was to be a part of this massive effort to restore the original LP masters to these incredible CDs. Now, it's time to move to other projects."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, phbart said:

I heard they'll be re-releasing the 2CD program on cassette.

 

The first Special Edition 2cd program did come on cassette as well ..a long time ago!

 

4 hours ago, phbart said:

And I can see the linear notes with a brief intro by MM: "I finally came full circle regarding Star Wars. It was a pleasure working on it back in '97 as it was to be a part of this massive effort to restore the original LP masters to these incredible CDs. Now, it's time to move to other projects."

 

 

LOL - you had me there for a sec ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, azahid said:

The first Special Edition 2cd program did come on cassette as well ..a long time ago!

 

Wow, you weren't kidding. Just saw a couple of those on eBay. Didn't even know about it.

 

Well, once these new OST CDs sells out, I bet they'll announce the re-issue of those cassettes, since they're long out of print. It'll be the most logical next step in a serious of really well made decisions in the last decade regarding SW music releases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Fal said:

Just hit me that the reason the SE's have been pushed aside is probably  partly the Fox Fanfare.

I doubt, since the LP editions did not have them. While SE Re-issue retained them when both were in Sony's domain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disney needs to start milking this cow before they actually embark on true definite edition of this complete score. It will be some time but we need to support them by BUYING these new sets now ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, azahid said:

Disney needs to start milking this cow before they actually embark on true definite edition of this complete score. It will be some time but we need to support them by BUYING these new sets now ! 

 

No we don't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That has nothing to do with the point you were trying to make.

 

People buying or not buying these umpteenth reissues has nothing to do with whether or not they'll fund proper 2CD sets in the future

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jay said:

That has nothing to do with the point you were trying to make.

 

People buying or not buying these umpteenth reissues has nothing to do with whether or not they'll fund proper 2CD sets in the future

 

I was only talking about the OST cds-( which I will be buying) And YES- it does indicate to Disney that it has  market worth exploring.You have to understand the logic that a warm reception will pave way for more opportunities to explore this market. Its numbers that matter. Its the their business model. Sony exploited this to their nth degree and I see no reason why Disney wont stop at this. Its how this niche market operates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disney Records is not a niche market, they are an entity of the biggest conglomerate there is.  If they see an opportunity to make money they will take it.  This means they will hire MIke M to produce proper 2CD sets some day.  That is not a project that will be aborted if reissuing the OSTs for the millionth time doesn't sell very well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I Never said or indicated that they will abort the issuing the a definitive 2cd set of the series. The warmth sales of the OST would certainly prompt a realization that this is great niche to pursue and if we were lucky it will happen soon. Soundtracks is a niche market and so is its sub category of film scores! Get over it.:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Baby Jane Hudson said:

 

What do you mean? The OST sounds great!

Yes, the Jedi OST and the '93 Anthology sounds excellent. The 2CD SE sounds like, quoting Arpy, "the mic was in JW's toilet in his office at the scoring stage, the orchestra only a faint murmur through the walls." I went even further by saying they used a cassette tape dub of that toilet recording to master the Jedi 2CD SE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, phbart said:

Yes, the Jedi OST and the '93 Anthology sounds excellent. The 2CD SE sounds like, quoting Arpy, "the mic was in JW's toilet in his office at the scoring stage, the orchestra only a faint murmur through the walls." I went even further by saying they used a cassette tape dub of that toilet recording to master the Jedi 2CD SE.

 

Yeah but I wasn't talking about the SE in the first place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are the cds still coming out? I can't find an active listing for them.

 

Anyhow, while searching I came across this extravagant vinyl set for Episode IV that has just been announced. Not for me but I'm sure someone here will be into it.

 

http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-a-new-hope-soundtrack-vinyl-box-set-coming-december-1

https://disneymusic.shop.musictoday.com/product/XVLP69/star-wars-a-new-hope-40th-anniversary-box-set?cp=81712_81750

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, serenifly said:

Are the cds still coming out? I can't find an active listing for them.

 

They haven't been listed on Amazon US yet that I've seen, nor Disney's own Disney Emporium site.  They are on Amazon Germany though

 

On 9/23/2017 at 10:11 AM, ckappes said:

 

 

EDIT: Oh!  It looks like those links now specify that they are vinyl. They said CD before.

 

So I guess no CDs are coming after all, then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jay said:

 

They haven't been listed on Amazon US yet that I've seen, nor Disney's own Disney Emporium site.  They are on Amazon Germany though

 

 

 

They must have been delayed or cancelled. The listings on Amazon Germany are no longer live/active.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jay said:

EDIT: Oh!  It looks like those links now specify that they are vinyl. They said CD before.

 

It's still specified "Format: Audio CD". However, I doubt, they are coming out, indeed...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea, its a confusing listing.  It says vinyl in two places, and Audio CD in a third...

 

It seems The Mouse is hopping on the same bandwagon as everyone else and sticking to download/streaming digital releases with vinyl for physical release, ignoring CD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...