Jurassic World: Dominion (Colin Trevorrow 2022)

John

Funny how the article doesn't mention he only didn't return for Jurassic World 2 because Lucasfilm hired him for Star Wars 9 instead, then had to fire him and bring JJ Abrams back.

Maybe he gets along better with Spielberg than Kennedy.

Unexpected development!

Kinda not surprised. Even with him being fired from IX, he originally pitched Jurassic World as a trilogy to Spielberg. It was probably envitable that he would return to the franchise. 

Surprises me a little. I'd gotten the impression that once a hot new director had proven themselves with a hit beginning for a new franchise, studios wanted to move them to another franchise to try same thing, handing off the rest of the franchise to someone else.

11 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

I'd gotten the impression that once a hot new director had proven themselves with a hit beginning for a new franchise, studios wanted to move them to another franchise to try same thing, handing off the rest of the franchise to someone else.

The Book of Henry happened.

Trevorrow is a good, old, traditional "hack". Clawed his way to the top not through talent, but through sheer networking skills. Sorry to hear that he's returning to JURASSIC, but then he already screwed things up with WORLD.

17 hours ago, Fancyarcher said:

Kinda not surprised. Even with him being fired from IX, he originally pitched Jurassic World as a trilogy to Spielberg. It was probably envitable that he would return to the franchise. 

How much you wanna bet he plans something the actors don't like and he gets dumped. :P

However unlikely it may be, if Trevorrow ends up getting the boot, I'd love to see Spielberg (and Williams) return to conclude this new trilogy.

On 30/3/2018 at 9:31 PM, Jay said:

Funny how the article doesn't mention he only didn't return for Jurassic World 2 because Lucasfilm hired him for Star Wars 9 instead, then had to fire him and bring JJ Abrams back.

Maybe he gets along better with Spielberg than Kennedy.

Unexpected development!

Does Kennedy get on with anybody?

On 3/31/2018 at 10:08 AM, The Illustrious Jerry said:

How much you wanna bet he plans something the actors don't like and he gets dumped. :P

Ron Howard to ghost-direct Jurassic World III.

• 1 year later...

I like The Lost World better than most. But really, Jurassic Park is more than enough.

Its not too dissimilar to Jaws in that way. Or to Die Hard. Or even Alien.

There simply are films with premises that just don't lend themselves to serialization.

The first THREE are all excellent in their different ways. Then, 15 years later, they decide to continue -- which at first I was excited about (I can't get enough of this universe), but when I saw the direction they went in, I was totally bummed. That goes for both WORLD and WORLD 2.

I wish they had kept it to the basics when they revamped -- for example just a survival story about a SINGLE guy or gal in the Isla Sorna jungles. CAST AWAY, JURASSIC PARK-style. That I'd love to see.

36 minutes ago, Fabulin said:

These hacks are like Coca-Cola bottles. Different inscriptions on the labels, the same corpo recipes full of artificial sweeteners inside.

There is 0% chance that Jurassic Park 6 will have a smart plot. They might as well go Moonraker. Just imagine children cheering: DINOSAURS! IN SPACE!

The 2000s era of realistic and relatable are over.

The first Jurassic Park is excellent, and there are great moments in TLW.  Every sequel since then has been fine, which is fine.  

The new one is going to have two minutes and thirty seconds of Dern and Neill joining Goldblum in a courtroom to talk about dinosaurs, and all of it will be in the trailer.

I like the first three. They descend further into popcorn territory as the series goes, but they're still entertaining.

I thought the first JW was completely stupid - I simply wasn't able to suspend my disbelief at such a display of illogical actions and sheer stupidity at running a theme park. At least JP's chaos is caused by a rogue employee.

Haven't seen Fallen Kingdom. Might watch it when Netflix gets it.

6 hours ago, The Original said:

I can never work out what it is about Jurassic World people here dislike so much.

It's just sort of boring and horribly photographed. It didn't hold my interest.

It's the shoddy attempt to hide the fact they made a soft reboot, the video game CGI that is dripping over everything, and the completely rubbish plot that will forever leave the World films with a bad taste in my mouth.