Jurassic World: Dominion (Colin Trevorrow 2022)

John

I like the sense of dread of going to Isla Sorna in JP ///, but the rest of the film is kinda blocky and cheap. The whole family hiring contractors to help rescue their son on the Island seemed strange to me like they didn't really need them there. 

3 hours ago, Arpy said:

I like the sense of dread of going to Isla Sorna in JP ///, but the rest of the film is kinda blocky and cheap. The whole family hiring contractors to help rescue their son on the Island seemed strange to me like they didn't really need them there. 

Yes, it's almost like they were just making it up as they went along after binning the actual script a few nights before production start... Oh... 

I really hope Spielberg was endorsing Jurassic World out of some contractually obliged circumstances because no part of the film seems like it would be anything Spielberg would want to produce.

Well, it's already happened. The apocalyptic dinosaur vision was just an allegory for climate change in Fallen Kingdom. 

15 minutes ago, The Original said:

Why does everything have to be some weird subtext allegory thingy? Why can't dinosaurs just be friggin dinosaurs and rampage?

I know your argument is that everything needs to be brainless entertainment, but some of us like genre films that offer a little something more.

1 hour ago, Thor said:

You aren't by any chance either Beavis or Butthead, are you, Original?

You can click on any username on JWFan to go to their profile page, then click the circle/arrow icon next to their screenname to see every prior screenname they used to use.

It did not fly over either of our heads, though.  We both knew exactly who you were talking about.

• 3 months later...

Hopefully, it's more than the 3 seconds Goldblum appeared in FALLEN KINGDOM.

But as it is, Trevorrow has almost completely killed off what made the JP films so great, so I have zero expectations for this. Even with the return of those three characters.

22 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I guess the dinos ate all of the new cast, so they had to bring back the old ones.

The old ones never went away. Henry Wu was in WORLD, Dr. Malcolm in KINGDOM. They're very much alive and kicking in the JW soft reboot universe (although I desperately wish there was a better JP universe for them to return to).

I'm surprised Neill has actually agreed to come back. He's never seemed interested in returning after JP3, but he usually cited the lack of reasoning behind his character going back to the island ever again.

I guess now the dinosaurs are loose on the mainland he can't avoid them. Seeing as Spielberg always recycles old ideas, I wonder if the abandoned Grant-studying-dinos-in-secret JP3 idea might get resurrected? Maybe he owns a dinosaur preservation park in the US with a bunch of herbivores and studies their behaviour with Ellie, while the government tries to shut them down? Would be an interesting departure from his last appearance (it's been two decades after all).

Either way, doubt they'll be anything more than supporting characters ala Leia/Han/Luke in TFA.

11 minutes ago, crumbs said:

I guess now the dinosaurs are loose on the mainland he can't avoid them. Seeing as Spielberg always recycles old ideas, I wonder if the abandoned Grant-studying-dinos-in-secret JP3 idea might get resurrected? Maybe he owns a dinosaur preservation park in the US with a bunch of herbivores and studies their behaviour with Ellie, while the government tries to shut them down? Would be an interesting departure from his last appearance (it's been two decades after all).

Even if it doesn't make that much sense, I'd be down for that.

As Scar would have put it, "be prepared", cause the classic characters will probably be secondary, while Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, that little girl and the other generic and forgettable supporting characters will be on most of the movie.

I think it'll just be Owen/Claire then Wu and the original 3 as far as returning characters.

I doubt the girl even appears. They never bring back the kids, except Lex and Tim that one time.

On 9/25/2019 at 4:41 AM, Luke Skywalker said:

Nice, i hope the cameos ar worth it and make sense...

I feel sad for Julianne Moore...nobody talks about her returning...and it would be nice i thinnk...and makes more sense to have another paleontologist...than a matematician... and unlike alan and ellie..she really wanted to study the living dinosaurs...

Maybe Moore didn't want to come back. I mean, she is an Oscar-winning actress after all...

23 hours ago, Edmilson said:

As Scar would have put it, "be prepared", cause the classic characters will probably be secondary, while Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, that little girl and the other generic and forgettable supporting characters will be on most of the movie.

Trevorrow confirmed Grant, Sattler & Malcolm will have major roles.