Jump to content

Jurassic World: Dominion (Colin Trevorrow 2022)


John
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 2/26/2020 at 1:52 AM, Jay said:

 

 


Anyone else thinks it’s exciting to see the original color scheme returning? It might all look a great deal more like Jurassic Park! How great if JW would return for scoring...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just want an official announcement of a new JW score. I don't care if it's for another Spielberg important patriotic drama starring Tom Hanks, Indy 5, Jurassic Whatever, Star Wars... anything!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wasn't there a rumour he wanted to score the last Potter, but was denied? 

 

But yeah, no way he's coming back. I'd shit my pants if he did though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, MSM said:


Anyone else thinks it’s exciting to see the original color scheme returning? It might all look a great deal more like Jurassic Park! How great if JW would return for scoring...

 

Unfortunately I think that's just a quickie slate graphic. I doubt it's an indication of the actual marketing or final film logos.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

 

I believe it was scheduling issues.

Wasn't it partly because Williams didn't want to leave the country and travel to London?

 

Katol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think he demanded a cut from Yates earlier than Yates was prepared to provide it (whether or not that was true or just Yates playing games to stop Williams from being available, who knows).

 

That Yates asked Desplat to score the final film during the recording sessions of DH1 makes me think Williams was being pushed out intentionally.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I dunno, in 2011 he already had two movies coming out by the end of that year. If he scored HP7.2, he'd have to do it on the first months of 2011, leaving the rest of the year free for him to work on Tintim and War Horse. 

 

Neither of these movies are small dramas with little score like The Post - and even on this case he only did it because TLJ's sessions wrapped up earlier than usual. If he was still by November 2017 recording alternates for Ep VIII, we would have another Spielberg Thomas Newman score.

 

On HP's case, that means he would have to had the final cut completly locked by the end of 2010, at most, so the sessions could happen in January or February. And the filmmakers weren't ready to deliver such an early cut that would stop them of making substantial alterations on the final movie.

 

Desplat's DH2 sessions ended in May 2011. With Williams, that would've been impossible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Edmilson said:

I just want an official announcement of a new JW score. I don't care if it's for another Spielberg important patriotic drama starring Tom Hanks, Indy 5, Jurassic Whatever, Star Wars... anything!

Heartbeeps 2?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, crumbs said:

That Yates asked Desplat to score the final film during the recording sessions of DH1 makes me think Williams was being pushed out intentionally.

It's more likely Yates believed it would be easier to continue with Desplat, rather than ask Williams back for the last score. As much as I would've love Williams to come back, it makes sense that Desplat would close out the last two and not have more unnecessary musical change-ups.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2020 at 5:35 AM, TSMefford said:

 

Unfortunately I think that's just a quickie slate graphic. I doubt it's an indication of the actual marketing or final film logos.


It does look like it’s official.

D3DCF8DE-8A3C-4ADE-8465-E6AD678D34D3.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Evanus said:

Yeah, it's official: https://amblin.com/movie/jurassic-world-dominion/

Hopefully this means the logo will use the original colors as well.


And the cars, the uniforms, the merchandise...😎🎉

I honestly think John Williams is the only one who can satisfyingly finish this saga.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/29/2020 at 2:05 PM, Bofur01 said:

It’s probably as simple as that Yates really liked working with Desplat, rather than any CoNsPiRaCy

 

I reckon the quote about Yates asking Desplat during the recording of one of the cues (Ron Leaves was it?) is a bit of crowd-pleasing PR. Maybe they just hadn't thought contractually about the last film, and Yates decided during recording that he was definitely happy with what Desplat was doing and saw no reason to switch composers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm really not sure why they're bringing back the classic logo for this one? In retrospect, it will look strange alongside the previous two movies' logos, especially in a boxset.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, John said:

I'm really not sure why they're bringing back the classic logo for this one? In retrospect, it will look strange alongside the previous two movies' logos, especially in a boxset.


I want to think they’d want to move away from the last movie as much as possible after the critical response... but didn’t Fallen Kingdom also make a ton of money? They probably don’t care. Some unpaid intern/outsourced artist made the logo/poster, the studio heads thought “hey that looks cool, nice and red - looks cool like that Rian Johnson Star Wars movie”. People in charge don’t even notice it’s the same logo as the original movie. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They should've kept the new logo for the World series, and the old one for the Park movies. It helps to tell one series from another within the same franchise, which is good from a marketing point of view.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We haven't seen the actual logo but I'm sure it'll be similar to the previous two, maybe with the classic colors. With the original cast returning and Trevorrow saying that he considers this film to be Jurassic Park 6 in a way, the classic colors make sense

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/28/2020 at 12:06 AM, Arpy said:

He would've been scoring Tintin or War Horse around then, right?

 

If I have it right, he had already been scoring Tintin so that wouldn’t have been an issue. But War Horse was originally scheduled to be released August 2011 and I believe JW actually did record that right around the time Desplat was doing Hallows 2. Along with any possible conducting commitments he had I think the “scheduling conflict” thing may track as a legit excuse. 

 

Idk if they asked him for Hallows 1 though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, mrbellamy said:

 

If I have it right, he had already been scoring Tintin so that wouldn’t have been an issue. But War Horse was originally scheduled to be released August 2011 and I believe JW actually did record that right around the time Desplat was doing Hallows 2. Along with any possible conducting commitments he had I think the “scheduling conflict” thing may track as a legit excuse. 

 

Idk if they asked him for Hallows 1 though. 

It's weird to think that War Horse was ever scheduled to be a "summer movie"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.