The "(Fill in the Blank) Has Died" Thread

John

2 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Explain why though? Its very convenient for parents.

Steef, you've just answered your own question.

2 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

Then you should try Belgian Chocolate Mousse!

Does it come with a gorgeous blonde?

Ricky Jay died today.

He’s a very famous magician but I’ll always remember him from the neat little character he played in Tomorrow Never Dies

Henry Gupta.  American.  Practically invented techno terrorism.

Consider him slimed.

04F32B27-10BB-4DC6-A9EC-16672ABEC2CA.jpeg

Aw man!  Ricky Jay was great!

He was in The Spanish Prisoner, Boogie Nights, TND, Mystery Men, Magnolia, The X-Files, State and Main, Heartbreakers, Heist...seemed like he was in every other thing I watched for a while!  Then he was later in Deadwood, The Prestige......

R.I.P.

Man, it's been a tough year when it comes to people in the movie industry passing away. Isao Takahata, William Goldman, Nicolas Roeg, Stan Lee, now Bernardo Bertolucci...

And now the creator of Spongebob Squarepants, Stephen Hillenburg, has passed away. Say what you will, but it, in its earlier years, was quality entertainment for both child and parent alike, and has reached thousands if not millions of people over the last 20 years or so.

A very impressive accomplishment. 

10 minutes ago, Nick Parker said:

And now the creator of Spongebob Squarepants, Stephen Hillenburg, has passed away. Say what you will, but it, in its earlier years, was quality entertainment for both child and parent alike, and has reached thousands if not millions of people over the last 20 years or so.

A very impressive accomplishment. 

Yes in those early years, Spongebob was a hero to lazy potheads everywhere!  Somebody who lived a happy joyful life working a shitty dead-end job!

He was an honorable man a decent president and a World War II hero (and villain to the Japanese).

It was a privilege to have him as President.  

49 minutes ago, Richard said:

So...he bombed innocent men women and children, was the head of a corrupt government organisation, and started a war just so he could get his hands on Middle Eastern oil.

What a man (!).

He never bombed innocent people. He helped repel an invader of another sovereign nation.

And why would he be interested in Middle East oil when we have the worlds largest supply of oil.

I cracked up yesterday when I saw Pres. Bill Clinton looking at a pair of Bill Clinton socks that Pres. Bush was wearing.

7 minutes ago, JoeinAR said:

He never bombed innocent people. He helped repel an invader of another sovereign nation.

And why would he be interested in Middle East oil when we have the worlds largest supply of oil.

I cracked up yesterday when I saw Pres. Bill Clinton looking at a pair of Bill Clinton socks that Pres. Bush was wearing.

This comment at least has some balls, instead of just some moralistic tut-tutting.

3 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

This comment at least has some balls, instead of just some moralistic tut-tutting.

Associating a post with a shorthand synonym for male genitals? Is that some sort of new expression or figure of speech? Am I missing something?