The "(Fill in the Blank) Has Died" Thread

John

2 hours ago, Richard said:

He was great in WINGS OF DESIRE, and absolutely out-of-this-world magnificent in DOWNFALL. His is the definitive portrayal of Hitler.

R.I.P., Herr Ganz.

He WAS Hitler. But it's difficult not to laugh with that scene because of all the memes.

5 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Are you comparing Merkel to Hitler?

4 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Yes he is!

Well...sort of, but, actually...er, no.

I'm not saying that Merkel is the new Hitler, what I'm implying is that I do not trust Germany when it comes to European politics. Merkel would have faded from the political stage, soon, and the scene will be set for a far more aggressive kind of politics. I distrust Germany's role in the emerging Europe, and I don't look forward to seeing where the EU goes next. The UK is best off, out of it.

As far as Merkel is concerned; I have nothing against her, personally. She just happens to lead a country the role of which, within Europe, will be pivotal, in a few years.

Merkel speaks English because it's useful for today's global community. 

I wonder if Hitler's attitudes about Aryan purity and German superiority would have given him reason to learn smatterings of his enemies' languages. He may have just delegated such activities to subordinates. We'll never know unless real recordings of his English survived. 

1 hour ago, Richard said:

Well...sort of, but, actually...er, no.

I'm not saying that Merkel is the new Hitler, what I'm implying is that I do not trust Germany when it comes to European politics. Merkel would have faded from the political stage, soon, and the scene will be set for a far more aggressive kind of politics. I distrust Germany's role in the emerging Europe, and I don't look forward to seeing where the EU goes next. The UK is best off, out of it.

As far as Merkel is concerned; I have nothing against her, personally. She just happens to lead a country the role of which, within Europe, will be pivotal, in a few years.

LOL!

You having a laugh mate, or just Stockholm syndrome. Britain is doomed. Hopefully forever!

On 2/17/2019 at 9:23 AM, W0$ said:

Merkel speaks English because it's useful for today's global community. 

I wonder if Hitler's attitudes about Aryan purity and German superiority would have given him reason to learn smatterings of his enemies' languages. He may have just delegated such activities to subordinates. We'll never know unless real recordings of his English survived. 

But he was un-pure himself

58 minutes ago, dougie said:

RIP Sideshow Luke Perry.

Really? Uh.

He had a nice role in Riverdale, as the father of Archie.