The "(Fill in the Blank) Has Died" Thread

John

1 hour ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

So, it's "farewell, and adieu", today, to Jonathan Miller, Gary Rhodes, and Clive James.

Did they died together all the three at the same place?

🤔

Became a fan of Clive James when I was younger. Watched his talk show with my dad ("And now, Margarita Pracatan!"), remember his programme in Hong Kong in '97 and loved the man's wit. When I was at uni I saw him sat on the steps of a church near BBC Broadcasting House alone and was thinking of going to him to say how much I admired him and get an autograph. Felt it best to leave him alone and then read in a book years later how he didn't mind people stopping him as such...still regret not going up to him. He'll be missed this side of the UK. 

Going to listen to Jansons' Scheherazade album today in his memory. What a wonderful conductor he was- one of my personal favourites. Rest in peace, Mariss.

The Twitter machine is saying that some old German living off benefits has snuffed it over in London but the media aren’t reporting  anything 

5 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Why? She's old enough to get a pension.

hasn’t she scrounged enough from the state? How many more benefits does she need?!?

RIP Danny Aiello, the great character actor

He's hilarious and perfect in a small but memorable role in Radio Days, one of my favorite movies.  He plays a gangster who is supposed to kill Mia Farrow because she witnessed a murder, but instead ends up giving her her big break in radio because they discover they grew up in the same neighborhood.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/13/movies/danny-aiello-dead.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...