The "(Fill in the Blank) Has Died" Thread

John

RIP Michael Apted

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/michael-apted-dead-coal-miners-daughter-director-seven-up-documentarian-was-79-1292671

The question I can't help asking right away: Did he leave a plan for someone to continue the 7 Up documentary series after he was gone?

His fiction film career is spotty and mostly mediocre, a true journeyman director.  The 7 Up series is his great contribution to human culture, one of the most important and fascinating film projects ever.

I think the series should continue until the last participant has died, to be truly completed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
8 hours ago, The Big Man said:

Oh Evelyn was all that and a bag of potato chips. Real strong, powerful, [independent] ]nutter.

But......

She NEEDED a man...she was CLINGY.

Outdated stereotypes

IF she did violence because she was

treated badly by a MAN, then she embodies female " empowerment".

Got it? 😎

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Demodex said:

Wasn't she Narcissa Malfoy?

Yes, she was.

I first saw her in two great TV shows of the early 00s: IN A LAND OF PLENTY, and NORTH SQUARE. She was brilliant in both. I wonder what's going to happen to PEAKY BLINDERS, now?

• 2 weeks later...

Covid unfortunately took the life of a beloved artist and entertainer here in Brazil: Paulo Gustavo. He was just 42.

His most famous character was Dona Hermínia, a middle-class mother of two young adults that was crass, foul-mouthed and complained a lot. The last Dona Hermínia movie here, released in December 2019, was a major hit at the box office, outgrossing blockbusters such as Frozen II, Joker and Captain Marvel.

He had a husband and was the adopted father of two children. The entire country mourns him today.

Btw, I'm posting this here because the major Covid thread was locked for some reason (politics again?).

• 4 weeks later...

Marcell Jankovics, one of Hungary's greatest animators and animation directors just passed away. Under his belt were numerous shorts, feature adaptations of local literature (including our first feature-length animated movie and a mammoth 2-decade project), and a multi-season series of collected folk tales, keeping them alive successfully.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...