The "(Fill in the Blank) Has Died" Thread

John

As Jimmy Carr put it in one of his stand-up shows about working with Rachel Riley on 8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown - 'Do I find her attractive? Well, let's just say I'd crawl through broken glass to suck the dick of the man who'd fucked her.' 

:lol:   

Fun fact: Ian Fleming began writing the first James Bond novel just 11 days after Elizabeth ascended to the throne in February 1952.  Just a few months shy of 70 years later the 27th film to feature the character was released.

Queen and Country, James!

5 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Fun fact: Ian Fleming began writing the first James Bond novel just 11 days after Elizabeth ascended to the throne in February 1952.  Just a few months shy of 70 years later the 27th film to feature the character was released.

Queen and Country, James!

Spoiler

By killing off James Bond, they broke the hex that was keeping the Queen alive

On 18/09/2022 at 2:11 PM, Naïve Old Fart said:

There's always a bigger fish ;)

I agree, Stu, but I think that this is one time, where Beckham would not want the publicity.

No sign of the missus, then?

Rumour has it it's part of him angling for a knighthood. 

A rap song that samples an existing popular song is not a re-write of that song.

And personally, I'd say "Fantastic Voyage" and "1, 2, 3, 4 (Sumptin' New)" are way more his bigger hits, though I get Gangsta's Paradise had more crossover appeal

Sure, but it happens all the time in rap, and everyone was fully credited and paid.  This is nothing close to any sort of unusual circumstance in the genre

7 hours ago, Tallguy said:

It felt a little disrespectful putting a smiley on this. But that was hilarious.

Feel that way more and more, the older I get ... lost count of the amount of times I've thought 'WHO?!?' when Ticketmaster flags up an upcoming gig in my Facebook feed. 

RIP Loretta Lynn, what a legend.

My personal favorite of the classic singles

My favorite from her Jack White produced album (and probably her best latter day album)

14 minutes ago, JNHFan2000 said:

Rest In Peace Angela Lansbury. Wonderful actress and person.

My Mrs. Pots!❤💔

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/angela-lansbury-dead-murder-she-wrote-1235239215/

We saw her in Blythe Spirit in London a few years ago and she was wonderful. At the opposite end of her career, we also watched Gaslight recently which is a chilling film and she was amazing in it. Ditto for the Manchurian Candidate. Very sad news, the finale of Mary Poppins Returns will now be even more poignant. What a wonderful actress (and lovely person by all counts) who will be sorely missed.