The "(Fill in the Blank) Has Died" Thread

John

On 08/03/2024 at 1:44 PM, Groovygoth666 said:

Akira Toriyama creator of the Dragon Ball franchise passed away on the 1st of March 

Just opened up my physical copy of the Chrono Trigger OST album.  It's full of Toriyama illustrations that are just great

Steve Harley had two big hits in the '70s.

This one (Sebastian) starts like a vintage JW score. ;)

He was also supposed to be the original Phantom before being replaced with Michael Crawford. RIP

Karol 

1 hour ago, GerateWohl said:

I find, it rather starts off like Beethoven's famous "Mondschein Sonate".

Listen again to the intro, especially to the harpsichord. It's vintage JW! Steve was a John Williams fan!! I know it! ;)

m-emmet-walsh-kids.png

Rest in peace, captain Bryant. I think he knew all along that the Deckard who was sitting in front of him was a replicant.

Here's Emmet Walsh as Dustin Hoffman's parole officer in Straight Time (1978) from Ulu Grosbard. As some of you might remember, Ridley Scott actually wanted Dustin Hoffman to play Rick Deckard in Blade Runner and I think this scene with Emmet and Dustin might have something to do with that. 

GJJck-GFW8-AANl-CX.jpg

Aside from Blade Runner one of his most memorable roles (for me) was in Clean and Sober with Michael "No really, this guy can be Batman, have you seen Clean and Sober" Keaton.

On 08/03/2024 at 3:44 PM, Groovygoth666 said:

Akira Toriyama creator of the Dragon Ball franchise passed away on the 1st of March 

His most famous creation Dragon Ball is INCREDIBLY popular in Brazil. Pretty much every kid born since the 80s/90s know about the manga and especially the anime that aired in several TV channels, from Cartoon Network to regular network TV.

This is the homage that fans of Fortaleza (a soccer team from the northeastern state of Ceará) did for Toriyama:

Nenhuma descrição de foto disponível.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, bruce marshall said:

Count Floyd

Loved when the Count showed 3-D features (e.g., 'Dr. Tongue's 3-D House of Pancakes'), and he'd ask you to send money for a pair of glasses, and kept jacking up the price. :lol:

1 hour ago, Mr. Hooper said:

Loved when the Count showed 3-D features (e.g., 'Dr. Tongue's 3-D House of Pancakes'), and he'd ask you to send money for a pair of glasses, and kept jacking up the price. :lol:

My fave was when he mistakenly  showed the Bergman film " Hour of the Wolf" thinking it was a " scary movie".

Btw SCTV appropriated Goldsmith' s TWILIGHT ZONE music for " Dr. Tongue". Does Yavar know that?😙

23 hours ago, A24 said:

Best known for his role in the courtroom pretending he couldn’t slip the gloves on his hands.

Fixed. 

I forgot that I was working in a call center when the OJ verdict came down. Directory assistance. Busy place. It went silent for about ten minutes before the verdict. And the people that did call were in a hurry.

Wild.