artguy360

Your Favorite Renditions of The Force Theme?

5 minutes ago, Nick Parker said:

Growing up this was always my favorite cue. I would listen to this track and look up at the stars in the night sky, wondering what the future held.

It's soooooooo good.  The scene always kinda messed with me though.  It's actually really sad.

Now that we have the full scope of JW’s Star Wars work it seems time to bump this thread. I’ll have to come up with a definitive ranking at some point, but I’ll say the one that stands out to me from TROS is this

Its not often we get a rendition of the theme’s full statement, but here Williams provides it with ample gusto for what is essentially the climactic moment of the saga.

How about what's your current favorite statement from each of the nine films?

1: Anakin is Free

2: Padme Falls

3. Goodbye Old Friend

4. Binary Sunset (duh)

5. Losing a Hand

6. Leia Breaks the News (film version)

7. Flying Home

8. Ladies Parting

9. Seeing Sights

8 hours ago, Falstaft (hiatus til TROS) said:

How about what's your current favorite statement from each of the nine films?

1: Anakin is Free

2: Padme Falls

3. Goodbye Old Friend

4. Binary Sunset (duh)

5. Losing a Hand

6. Leia Breaks the News (film version)

7. Flying Home

8. Ladies Parting

9. Seeing Sights

I think this may be my exact choices as well, except for potentially TLJ, where I might swap in Peace and Purpose.

12 hours ago, crocodile said:

When it comes to the Force theme ROTS itself could fill several top 5 spots on the all time best appearances.

On that note, this one hasn't been mentioned yet, but it's one of my faves because it reveals yet another emotional possibility for this most malleable of themes: besides being able to be wistful, sorrowful, mystical, militaristic, and heroic, this one is downright sinister!

It's when Yoda is telling Anakin that fear of loss (i.e., Anakin's nightmare) is a path to the Dark Side. And I can't help mentioning that this is, I believe, the only time in the entire saga that the end of the 2nd phrase is harmonized with a minor bvii chord - similar to the "tragic" major bII chord it gets throughout most of this film, but with an even darker hue, perfectly matching the association of the theme with, oddly enough, the Dark Side.

On 12/31/2019 at 11:56 PM, Bellosh said:

Lots of tracks are missing though.  Look at ESB's, most of the tracks aren't available.

Ugh. Streaming is the worst. Wake up, world!!