STAR WARS Custom Covers thread

Holko

Those covers are definitely awesome! But the EPISODE font is way too large.

Disney are clearly trying to ditch the whole EPISODE branding, rightfully so. The focus should be on the Star Wars logo and film title.

Still, would love to see similar covers for the PT and ST. A red themed TLJ cover depicting Crait's minerals, with Luke and Kylo as the focus, would be epic.

Here's the full set, I just cropped the relevant ones in the previous post.

29681169_1768730546519314_1131203842_o.png

29633700_1768731033185932_2076987254_o.png

I'd absolutely give all endorsement and thanks I could to the artist, but I found these years ago (maybe on the shrine, but not sure), so I've no idea. :( 

I feel the OT ones are much stronger, in colour, scene and compositional choices.

They're all nice to look at but probably won't be the ones I'd actually print to put in the jewel case of these. They fit better into Poweramp to represent my (temporary until a proper release) edits.

Those are brilliant @Holko! You nailed the blue for ESB, same as the original logo seen here in the trailer:

Would love to see a slightly more burnt orange for ROTS and a darker foresty-green for ROTJ, but these are awesome! Maybe even a darker/deeper royal purple for AOTC like this?

maxresdefault.jpg

And yep, what @Jurassic Shark said, that white Star Wars cover (without ANH or the gap) wins hands down. Elegant, simple, clean, classic. Plus the white text is in line with the original OST cover.

Although @Chewy's suggested covers look good, I'd prefer the original cover art for all films. There's no need for the covers to be consistent across the whole series.

As a general rule:

Original cover art = the best (unless it sucks)

23 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Those are brilliant @Holko! You nailed the blue for ESB, same as the original logo seen here in the trailer:

Whoah whoah whoah, those aren't mine, your eyes decieve you!

@Chewy did those recolors, I only adjusted his ANH one!

4 hours ago, Holko said:

SWapart.png

The second one keeps the placement consistent, the first one harkens back to the original cover and is more visualy pleasing.

Those who wish it should be able to hover the mouse over this one to reveal "A New Hope".

Or the physical version can just be scratch off.  Bob's yer Uncle, EVERYONE's happy.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JTWfan77 said:

I'll have to do my own, following the existing template for SW and ESB (wildly out of sequence, lots of edits, and so on).

Any suggestions? 

I suggest you use the Anthology disc as a guide.

On 4/3/2018 at 1:33 PM, aj_vader said:

Jedi looks a bit wonky, the A in the Star Wars in the ESB one has some blueish purple in it.

On 4/3/2018 at 11:57 AM, JTWfan77 said:

I wish they would have done a modern edit of a hypothetical 2 LP release for Jedi.

I'll have to do my own, following the existing template for SW and ESB (wildly out of sequence, lots of edits, and so on).

Any suggestions?

Include the full Jabba the Hutt, we know it was recorded and intended for the album. (combine the bit we have in the OST track with Gerhardt recording)

11 minutes ago, JTWfan77 said:

Nice idea, I'll do so, but I would rather include the full track from the Gerhardt or the BPO Out of This World, I don't think an edit combining two different recordings, orchestras and performances would work.

I did an edit it myself with a little extra reverb on the ROTJ material and some EQ and it worked pretty well IMHO.