STAR WARS Custom Covers thread

Holko

On 9/13/2019 at 12:43 PM, tintacle said:

Added the taglines for this series :)

iJdWWm.md.jpg iJdi9i.md.jpg iJdjvo.md.jpg

And added The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi to the mix as well.

Based entirely on the little, but far more satisfying, changes heidl did to the artwork, here and here.

@Pellaeon Here you go sir ;)

iJd0G9.jpg

iJdZk2.jpg

These are very beautiful

• 3 weeks later...

Final poster for TROS. gotta say it certianly looks better than the ones for TFA and TLJ

• I like the diagonal lines that all spout from that spot on the right. Kylo's saber, Skywalker saber, and the wreckage (looks like Vader's broken lightsaber imo) all seem to be flowing out from there. (also it looks like if you draw a line stemming from the line of Poe's blast, that would lead back there too) Neat design choice.

• It's interesting how Carrie Fisher gets top billing, yet Leia's not on the poster. Carrie's not even with us, and she's still the baddest bitch on that movie. Ugh, her power.

2zx4nd2g10u31.jpg?width=523&auto=webp&s=

A not-insignificant amount of interest in this movie stems from people’s love for Carrie Fisher. It’s a nice tribute to her that she gets top billing, I think. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2017 at 4:13 PM, heidl said:

@JTWfan77: I will "cover" your requests as well.

@heidl I know you have been busy but was wondering, as we're in Star Wars season, whether you might be willing to try your hand at these, as discussed before? Would be really grateful if you would, but if not possible I understand fully. Many thanks and looking forward to seeing all your future work! :)

On 12/18/2017 at 9:07 AM, JTWfan77 said:

Heidl, is there any possibility that you could re-create these two Japanese SW covers? I've searched online for hi-res versions but no luck:

Empire Strikes Back Gerhardt Japan Large.jpg

Star Wars Trilogy Kojian Japan CD.jpg

Hello everyone :)

I'm doing a series for The Mandalorian and I want to do an original logo like I did for Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker.

I thought the official logo was a tad too bland.

But I might need some help or suggestions for this one.

So what do you guys think about this idea:

iv0Qbz.jpg

It is still work in progress, so don't pay too much attention to the alignment or the spacing between the letters.

I admit I’m not a fan of the font. It looks a little too weird for weird’s sake. Is it based on some alphabet or syllabary seen in the series? If it was, that would be in keeping, I suppose. 

On 11/13/2019 at 9:40 AM, tintacle said:

And added The Rise of Skywalker, though I had to move some characters on the poster:

inuMjF.jpg

This looks awesome! Just a small note, 'LEGEND' has a typo in the tagline ('LEGNED'). Great work though.

On 11/17/2019 at 9:49 PM, toothless said:

If I may, the kerning on "Original music by" is a tad too big :)  Oher than that, it's stellar work!

On 11/17/2019 at 10:13 PM, crumbs said:

This looks awesome! Just a small note, 'LEGEND' has a typo in the tagline ('LEGNED'). Great work though.

Thanks guys! :)

Fixed.

20 hours ago, heidl said:

swtros03.jpg

If I might offer one suggestion: “Music composed and conducted by John Williams”

Otherwise, this is stellar work (as you always do)! You spoil us.

@heidl just saw these now, thanks so much for these, they were completely worth waiting for!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I love how you've reframed the art subtly to include more detail and position everything just so much better than the originals.

Now I'm wondering, is it too much to ask, would you consider doing matching ones for RCA's Star Wars and Return of the Jedi (reimagined with poster art from the films of course)? :)

6 hours ago, heidl said:

what do you mean with 'matching ones'  ? 

Using a similar template to create custom covers for the other two films (as opposed to recreating the original RCA Red Seal cover art, which does not use film art and logos). Does that make better sense?