STAR WARS Custom Covers thread

Holko

On 12/14/2019 at 3:06 PM, heidl said:

I recently stumbled upon the Japan Edition of TRoS:

swtros0_japanese_mockup.jpg

And I decided to remake it in square format:

swtros07.jpg

And then I decided I'd do the same for The Last Jedi, yet with a few subtle differences compared to the official design:

starwars8_japan_alternate.jpg

And because I was already rolling along, I sat down for another hour or so to come up with a fitting custom cover for The Force Awakens as well:

starwars7_japan_alternate.jpg

This one was tricky, Photoshop action was rather extensive as I had to move around quite a lot of elements. But it makes me happy to see a full trilogy of Japanese Editions. And I'm now I'm thinking about OT and PT versions already... 

Now you need to make a whole series in this style for the other 6 movies in the saga!!!!

If I could put in a request for the ST in the style of the PT as then there'd be a complete set of 9 for those entire saga.

I don't have much time to tinker with custom covers again right now or I'd give it a shot myself.

Are there any Struzan-style illustrations for the sequel trilogy? Because I'd definitely love to make consistent covers for all 9 films (and the Struzan posters for 1 through 6 are easily the best we have).

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

Are there any Struzan-style illustrations for the sequel trilogy? Because I'd definitely love to make consistent covers for all 9 films (and the Struzan posters for 1 through 6 are easily the best we have).

AFAIK there's a Struzan poster for 7 and AMAZING Paul Shipper posters for 8 and 9. I don't have them with good quality tho

I'm happy with the theatrical posters for the ST in the Prequel style. Just something that matches well, doesn't have to be Struzan if he didn't do any/good posters for 79.

Can anyone try and make some sort of "Paul Shipper Series" of soundtrack covers? At least one cover using each of these posters here.

I've tried to do it myself but it just didn't end up good for some reason. I really like Paul's work and it seems that he's become the main artist for Rise of Skywalker covers, which is great. But unfortunately he hasn't done much art for the first sequel movie, The Force Awakens, and the best poster he did for that film doesn't have some important characters like Han Solo, Chewie Leia or Hux in it.

So if anyone could try and make these covers I would be really grateful :D

(Extra points if the force awakens cover has a Han Solo photoshopped in it lol)

7a.jpg

8a.jpg

9.jpg

1 hour ago, heidl said:

Oh, but here's a quickie before I'm off:

starwars_ltd_tros_1.jpg 

DUDE I saw this collection you made some time ago and loved it! Can I ask you to make a small change in the A New Hope one? Justo to make it say "A New Hope" in the same style as the other titles in the collection :v

Let us know what you thought of the film when you come back, I'm STARVING for opinions of people that are not blinded by pointless rage and hate.

5 hours ago, heidl said:

Here's a bunch of retroesqe artworks for the whole trilogy. TFA artwork by Struzan, all other ones by maestro Paul Shipper.

starwars7_10.jpg

starwars8_06.jpg

swtros06_1.jpg

swtros06_2.jpg

swtros06_3.jpg

These are perhaps the greatest Star Wars album covers I've ever seen.

On 12/14/2019 at 10:06 PM, heidl said:

I recently stumbled upon the Japan Edition of TRoS:

swtros0_japanese_mockup.jpg

And I decided to remake it in square format:

swtros07.jpg

And then I decided I'd do the same for The Last Jedi, yet with a few subtle differences compared to the official design:

starwars8_japan_alternate.jpg

And because I was already rolling along, I sat down for another hour or so to come up with a fitting custom cover for The Force Awakens as well:

starwars7_japan_alternate.jpg

This one was tricky, Photoshop action was rather extensive as I had to move around quite a lot of elements. But it makes me happy to see a full trilogy of Japanese Editions. And I'm now I'm thinking about OT and PT versions already... 

Great work! Would it be possible to do the original trilogin and prequel trilogy with this same layout with the new logos? Would be great to have a matching set for all of the movies!

Just saw that you had written that you might do the original trilogy and prequel trilogy...

15 hours ago, heidl said:

Thank you heidl

I love what you did!!!

i like the "Deluxe Edition" covers and really love the ones with the location images!

Could you do the same for the "Rise of Skywalker"?

2 hours ago, heidl said:

You mean change the Reylo death star fight to something else? 

Yes, with something like an empty location image, like you did before,

maybe the stormy sea with the death star without any characters in it.

What do you think?

Star_Wars_Episode_IX_Death_Star.jpg

Here a quick test

starwars_RiseOfSkywalker_DeluxeEdition.jpg

You know what, I initially looked for usable concept art or matte paintings, but couldn't find any. And I also saw it as a great opportunity to use the Rey/Kylo Artwork. 

But I feel you...

On the blog I describe this collection as a set of covers that's depicting famous locations before or long after certain key events. I knew deviating from this style was gonna come back to haunt me :lol:

I'm still not sure though if I wanna lose that particular Reylo fight scene tbh.....

Perhaps not quite the right thread, but does anyone have hi quality covers for the 1997 Special Edition OT soundtrack releases?  

(the ones with 'the Star Wars trilogy' logo in Gold for SW77, Silver for Empire, Bronze for Jedi...)

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2019 at 10:59 PM, tintacle said:

And yet another set...

The Signature Collection:

WS7h6e.md.jpgWSO8bx.md.jpgWSOWtH.md.jpg

WSOiK1.md.jpgWSOjPc.md.jpgWSOZqZ.md.jpg

WSMiKa.md.jpgWSO1Ci.md.jpg

WDYrx7.md.jpgWDYZJT.md.jpg

Shadows of the Empire was made for request as a joint venture with Dave Williams from the FSM forum.

WNu7ET.md.jpg

I don't if it has been requested before, but I love the Signature Collection and I am using these as the covers for my digital playlists. Can you maybe create one for The Rise of Skywalker as well? Thank you! :)

On 11/26/2019 at 12:33 PM, heidl said:

Based on the promo (merchandise?) poster, which I really like btw.

swtros04.jpg

I'm surprised more people aren't working with this poster. I like it quite a bit.

Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 3.46.30 AM.png

I found this cover at another site and the dimensions were smaller than I would have preferred. Is it possible to recreate this cover with a higher-res image?

• 2 weeks later...

Do you mean the Radio Dramas as heard on NPR, or audio versions of the novelizations?

I, too, would like to politely request a Signature Edition cover for TROS.

There exist audiobooks of the OT novelizations—

51xcV7i17dL.jpg

They don’t have anything on the excellent Radio Dramas, of course. Though IIRC the big dogfight at the end of ANH is pretty good.

Has anybody ever made custom covers per season for The Clone Wars? I would love to see them, as i have them sorted that way, with Season 5 and 6 combined into one playlist.

• 2 weeks later...