STAR WARS Custom Covers thread

Holko

On 2/10/2021 at 2:51 AM, wowbobwow said:

I love all of these iterations.  Have you taken a stab at Rise of Skywalker yet?

I did briefly attempt a cover but couldn't be bothered finishing. The film doesn't exactly inspire the imagination.

• 1 month later...
On 4/20/2021 at 9:54 AM, crumbs said:

I did briefly attempt a cover but couldn't be bothered finishing. The film doesn't exactly inspire the imagination.

I get that.  I would add though that the score certainly does.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, May the Force be with You said:

Beautiful! If only it was true... :crymore:

I know 😭

It was your display picture that inspired this. 

11 hours ago, Bayesian said:

It's a beautiful, masterful mirage, @aj_vader. Serious kudos on this.

I just can't understand what the problem is with moving this project forward. Everyone and everything seem to get definitive treatments -- just look at the proliferation of CD box sets of famous conductors, soloists, orchestras from the classical labels over the last decade -- yeah, they're just repackaging the same content in a pretty box, but they demonstrate that there's a market for this kind of collecting.

Star Wars x9 will need plenty more work than your typical box set, but at the same time the market for such a box set will be vastly larger than for your typical classical box set. And it truly would be one of the few things left in the cultural firmament where Disney could name their price and we would pay it. Even if it was highway robbery, we would pay it. This is a pop cultural project that would make newspaper headlines, just like when the Far Side and Calvin & Hobbes got their definitive multi-volume hardcover complete editions in the early aughts and they both landed on the NYT bestseller list.

Disney, if you won't do it for the greater good (by giving the world the definitive editions of the greatest lifelong musical journey ever created for film by a single man), then do it for the money. Because you'd make a killing on this.

Thank you. 

I agree completely (no surprise). When attempting 'outer self-reflection' on this matter, it's slightly crazy how disappointed I get due to Star Wars Soundtrack Releases (or lack thereof). But I know I am in good company here.

s336nO.gif

• 1 month later...
On 8/2/2021 at 12:26 PM, sirhartyc said:

Some more 'remastered' front covers for your collection :)

PicsArt_07-26-07.12.52.jpg

PicsArt_07-25-09.11.56.jpg

PicsArt_07-26-05.37.01.jpg

PicsArt_08-02-01.47.29.jpg

PicsArt_07-24-08.28.53.jpg

PicsArt_07-24-08.38.06.jpg

PicsArt_07-24-09.04.35.jpg

Nice!

Could someone make covers of the other five Star Wars like these but keep the Star Wars logo consistent like the one in this image?

815BNApx2gL._SL1200_.jpg

4 minutes ago, Tallguy said:

Question for those familiar enough with both: If Disney put out Star Wars CDs that were as good as the Legacy Collections, would that be a step up?

All they need to do is hire Mike Matessino, simple as that.

3 minutes ago, Tallguy said:

That's the dream, sure. But what would be "almost as good"?

Nothing. No other option exists. It's unpossible.

No idea. In all likelihood Disney Records have an internal team who produces all that, with no reason to hire external freelancers. Just a hunch. 

But nobody should be touching Star Wars except Mike, if JW has any say in the matter (which he should). We already had the misfortune of seeing what happens when unqualified people are put in charge of a Star Wars restoration project and it was a shambles. 

11 hours ago, Tallguy said:

Did any of them work on the Legacy CDs?

Neil produced the Little Mermaid expansion with Bruce Botnick

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/04/2019 at 8:08 AM, tintacle said:

This has probably been done before, but I wanted to re-create the Original Trilogy's vinyl covers.

WdhGEM.jpg

Wq2wPo.jpg

Wq8TSA.jpg

Wow! That is the highest quality of the vinyl covers I have ever seen on the internet

1 hour ago, Jediking12 said:

Wow! That is the highest quality of the vinyl covers I have ever seen on the internet

I know this was done years ago at this point, but any thought of tackling the backs? Or the gatefold of Star Wars?

Gorgeous work, thank you!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay, I didn't love what I posted yesterday, so I took another pass at it. I have 4 different variations. 2 logo only versions, and 2 full soundtrack versions utilizing different fonts. I have since provided my source files for others to use. Hopefully someone does something better than I. 

For now, I feel proud of these. It took me forever to find the source files, and massively color correct A New Hope.

Sequel Trilogy Style Logo

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8-2.jpg9-2.jpg

Disney+ Style Logo

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg

Original Soundtrack style art

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Prequel soundtrack format- different font- All Soundtracks

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg

image.jpeg

Solo (2).jpg

Jedi Fallen Order.jpg

GE2.jpg

OC.jpg

clone wars.jpg

The Mandalorian.jpg

Book of Boba Fett.jpg

image.jpeg

Alternate 8 and 9 for each style.

8.jpg8-2.jpg

8 (2).jpg

8-2.jpg

9.jpg9-2.jpg

9 (2).jpg

9-2.jpg

image.jpeg

rogue One.jpg

image.jpeg

@Phantomjedi, these covers look amazing! Great work! I think you've done as well as possible in terms of placing the SW wordmarks, but would you be able to provide versions of all nine without any wordmarks at all? I think the artwork for each movie is unique enough that one could do without the SW logo on any of them.