STAR WARS Custom Covers thread

Holko

Could someone do a favor and photoshop out the bottom line of text that says "Includes Exclusive DVD" blah blah blah? Every high-quality scan of the ROTS album cover has it and it's annoying because it doesn't match the other prequel covers.

Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith (DVD Version).jpg

52 minutes ago, Drew said:

Could someone do a favor and photoshop out the bottom line of text that says "Includes Exclusive DVD" blah blah blah? Every high-quality scan of the ROTS album cover has it and it's annoying because it doesn't match the other prequel covers.

ROTSCOVER.png

On 31/05/2022 at 11:16 PM, aj_vader said:

ROTSCOVER.png

Any possibility of a version that uses the original Drew Struzan painting with the smaller scale Vader mask?

36 minutes ago, JTWfan77 said:

Any possibility of a version that uses the original Drew Struzan painting with the smaller scale Vader mask?

there's more than one ROTS soundtrack cover? can you show which one you mean please? 

7 hours ago, JTWfan77 said:

image.png

Bit less saturation...

image.png

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a soundtrack cover I've made for the upcoming Disney+ Star Wars Series Andor composed by Nicholas Britell. I used official series concept art within the Star Wars logo. Overall it could be better quality but is 1000 by 1000

Andor Soundtrack.png

damn @heidl these are gorgeous!

and i'm usually not a fan of putting images within type/logos, but the use of the official artwork from the posters and the colors make it subtle enough. looks incredibly classy, no doubt would look better actually printed!

amazing job, as always.

13 hours ago, heidl said:

and only on full that's no moon nights between 19:77 and 20:19 o’clock.

I was genuinely getting angry until I got to this part and checked which thread we're in ROTFLMAO

You're too good!

3 minutes ago, Holko said:

I was genuinely getting angry until I got to this part and checked which thread we're in ROTFLMAO

You're too good!

Ha ha, got ya! :D

So what does the set that we're really looking for look like? You know, the complete with all the trimmings set of 1-9? (Of course, I'd be happy with 4-6.)

(And this was really cool and thanks for the hard work.)

I have no fucking clue tbh.... it has to be something classic and timeless, but still captivating and visually pleasing. Maybe that's why Disney hasn't gotten off the ground yet... 

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, Drew Struzan got bonkers with the wrong reference material for the Special Edition posters.  It really is distracting. 

1 hour ago, Andy said:

Yeah, Drew Struzan got bonkers with the wrong reference material for the Special Edition posters.  It really is distracting. 

Well, to be fair I think he was thinking more of what they would look like as a single poster. (But YES!)

These were on my to-do list to have a go at. I hope we get textless versions somewhere. @Phantomjedi your first batch is really nice! The placement of the logos on the posters makes it tricky to get these into a square cover format without cropping or adding to the sides, but your solution works well.

Please keep going! That is absolutely amazing!

Can I make one request? Can you do a version that just says Original Motion Picture Soundtrack? If not, I am fine with the text as is. It is your creation after all. If you finish the set, it will definitely be my new cover art. 

Also on Nicolas Tetreault-Abel's website, he has an alternate Revenge of the Sith. It removes Vader's Castle and fixes Kenobi. I hate the new coloring he did though... I think it looks bad... So I also have my version of  a color correct below.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Glad you liked it. I really like those arts so I'll keep doing them. Here is Episode 6 with the Original Motion Picture Soundtrack mention

Star Wars - Return of the Jedi (Finale).jpg

[edit: here's the textless version]

Star Wars - Return of the Jedi (Empty #1).jpg

Indeed the color aren't that great on that SW III alternate art, I really prefer yours

@May the Force be with You if I may offer a suggestion, you might try swopping the left and right most rock pillars around, shaving off some bits here and there and varying the height a little so it doesn't look like a direct clone of the ones next to them. Perhaps also add a bit of a fading shadow to the left and right edges of the art to make the extensions you have done a bit more subtle. It also helps to draw the eye away from the edges and towards the focal point in the centre.

EDIT: Here is a quick and nasty approximation of what I mean:

test.jpg

Otherwise, terrific work!

• 1 month later...

@May the Force be with You Well done on creating square artwork from the original posters! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 They look great!

I am not asking you to do any changes - I won’t use these, I just appreciate good artwork and, from your side, passion - but from an “art direction” perspective would you think that the design would benefit by removing the two bottom yellow avatars that is present on every poster. They seem superfluous to me and gives a cluttered impression in an already busy design.

Once again, I’m not asking you to do this, just curious on your opinion! :)

Yeah I've considered to remove them or enlarge them to make the artwork look less busy but was to lazy for that. So far I'm not to much disturbed by them but maybe one day I'll changed my mind. Anyway glad you liked them

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, BrotherSound said:

I wanted to make a custom cover with my favorite bit of The Rise of Skywalker art, from an Empire magazine cover:

E4F5E1D3-57B1-499A-97CF-42B3E12E400D.jpeg

I remember when I did one of those, when that art first came out.

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/08/2022 at 10:20 AM, May the Force be with You said:

So I've reworked a bit the TROS cover to make it look less cloned:

Star Wars IX - The Rise of Skywalker (Original #2).jpg

and here the textless version:

Star Wars IX - The Rise of Skywalker (Empty #2).jpg

I've also finished episode I and IV and I'll continue to post the others later as I'm just starting working on them. Until then enjoy episode I and IV

Star Wars I - The Phantom Menace (Original #1).jpg

and the textless one:

Star Wars I - The Phantom Menace (Empty #1).jpg

A New Hope:

Star Wars IV - A New Hope (Original #1).jpg

and again without text:

Star Wars IV - A New Hope (Empty #1).jpg

Did you ever finish this series?