Christopher Lennertz: Scoring LOST IN SPACE

buysoundtrax

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy to hear in the "Danger Will Robinson" track that Lennertz corrected the part, that in my point was always problematic with the JW theme, the same high note that repeat two times in the beginning of the theme. So it's a welcome variation.

But in the Main Titles, Lennertz also quoted the beginning of the theme with the two same higher notes, like the original one...

At least, it's funny to see he played with it a little bit!

12 minutes ago, Bespin said:

I'm happy to hear in the "Danger Will Robinson" track that Lennertz corrected the part, that in my point was always problematic with the JW theme, the same high note that repeat two times in the beginning of the theme. So it's a welcome variation.

The original is so lightweight and optimistic, befitting the campy quality of the show, that it's difficult to arrange it into something more weighty and serious. But I like what Lennertz does with it in the series itself (less thrilled with how he incorporates it in the series' main title sequence). I guess the same could be said of Courage's STAR TREK theme and how that was done with DISCOVERY.